Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

I think it's a great job for Pearson and I think he knows he's not going to get a job much better. He could hang around for a go at Newcastle or villa if they come available but he may not get that chance.

Sunderland fans generally seem disgusted at the thought and he has to win them over if it happens.

He will fall out with some big names there.

I think it's a great job for Pearson and I think he knows he's not going to get a job much better. He could hang around for a go at Newcastle or villa if they come available but he may not get that chance.

Sunderland fans generally seem disgusted at the thought and he has to win them over if it happens.

He will fall out with some big names there.

There are big names at Sunderland?! I suppose Pantillimon is quite long...

I don't think he'd be interested, he needs time to be able to develop his teams which there's no chance he'll get that at Sunderland. He's not much of an impact manager, which is what Sunderland would probably need.

I probably agree thinking about it. I reckon he'd be more likely to take a job from a Championship club who aren't likely to have their season end in disaster - maybe even replacing the manager who goes to Sunderland.

I reckon he'll end up at QPR when they realise that Ramsey is shite.

Would you want to manage a team where you are blatantly not their first choice? that they are turning to you in desperation, and that they wouldnt have given you a thought if they could get their top target?

He's best at a club with strong history but have been in the crap for a couple of seasons.

He isn't someone who will request a big budget initially, as he normally tries to change the way the team plays and is good at buying then-decent players at a bargain price (like Jack Hobbs in League 1 etc).

I think he would take it but I'm not sure it's the right job for him.

We were in the wilderness for years, a 3 to 5 year plan to turn us around was fine. He won't have that much time at Sunderland.

Ranieri?

Club said he was first choice though didnt they?

Plus some of the names mentionned were never going to happen. The Sunerland names like Dyche are highly plausible

An impact manager as I understand it is someone who can come in and immediately improve results. Pulis being the obvious example.

It took Pearson two and a half years to get us promoted and a further three quarters of a season to make us competitive in the premier league. That's over three years in total.

If he goes to Sunderland, he has to do the same within a couple of months otherwise they'll be relegated. Whether relegation might be good for Sunderland is up for debate (personally I don't think being relegated is very often a good way to progress), but the point is that if they want to avoid relegation this year, they need someone capable of making an immediate impact and Pearson perhaps isn't that man.

It took Pearson one season to get us promoted from Division Three. If Mandaric hadn't eased him out, we'd have been promoted to the Prem within a couple of seasons. After the decade we had had, that's impact.

Sunderland is only a good move for Pearson if they guarantee him time. He probably is the right person to sort their shit out and build them from the ground up. He'll want time to get rid of all the over paid wasters dragging them down though.

My biggest concern with Pearson's next job, no matter where he goes, is that all of our key back-room staff will follow him. Our head of sports science, Paul Balsom, met Pearson when he managed Southampton in 2008, and six months later followed him to City, then to Hull, then back again. Craig Shakespeare played alongside Pearson at Sheff Weds, worked with him at WBA, came here in 2008, then Hull, then back again. Steve Walsh worked with Pearson at Newcastle, then came here in 2008/Hull/back here.  Matt Reeves, who's the first team sports scientist, was here when Pearson came in 2008, and again went to Hull and back.

Fvck me: Pearson's like the Pied Piper!

My biggest concern with Pearson's next job, no matter where he goes, is that all of our key back-room staff will follow him. Our head of sports science, Paul Balsom, met Pearson when he managed Southampton in 2008, and six months later followed him to City, then to Hull, then back again. Craig Shakespeare played alongside Pearson at Sheff Weds, worked with him at WBA, came here in 2008, then Hull, then back again. Steve Walsh worked with Pearson at Newcastle, then came here in 2008/Hull/back here.  Matt Reeves, who's the first team sports scientist, was here when Pearson came in 2008, and again went to Hull and back.

Fvck me: Pearson's like the Pied Piper!

Lets be honest. All of those moves are either to a club in a better position or a sideways move.

If Pearson were to go to Sunderland or a Championship club it'd mean, should they choose to, that "his" staff members would be takin 2 or 3 steps back.

Lets be honest. All of those moves are either to a club in a better position or a sideways move.

If Pearson were to go to Sunderland or a Championship club it'd mean, should they choose to, that "his" staff members would be takin 2 or 3 steps back.

Not really. Shakespeare joined us when WBA were promoted to the Prem and we were relegated to Division Three. Similarly, Balsom came from a Southampton team that Pearson had just kept in the Championship, to join us in Division Three.

I doubt they would move if Pearson joined a Championship club (unless it's one with real money and serious ambition) but Sunderland are not a small club.

Not really. Shakespeare joined us when WBA were promoted to the Prem and we were relegated to Division Three. Similarly, Balsom came from a Southampton team that Pearson had just kept in the Championship, to join us in Division Three.

I doubt they would move if Pearson joined a Championship club (unless it's one with real money and serious ambition) but Sunderland are not a small club.

Shakespeare went from Reserve Team Coach at WBA to Assistant Manager here.

I'd call that a promotion.

They've also all invested about 4 years worth of time and effort into the LCFC project. I highly doubt they'll give that up just to work with someone they've worked with before.

So NP won't be the new Sunderland Manager then. Not surprised they went for Big Sam in the end.

Aston Villa  :sick: or Newcastle still on the cards...

Wow, the Premier League outlook gets better and better for Nigel with each week going by.

Archived