Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

I think it's clear that Pearson has nowhere near the 'love' or maybe even respect in the wider world of 'fandom' that he had at Leicester. If truth be told, with his nonsense last season I suspect he's considered a bit of a plonker.

That said, if I were any of the aforementioned teams I'd snap him up. Especially Sunderland.

Id be the opposite. Im absolutely certain Sunderland will go down.

Theyll go down even quicker if they appoint a manager thats seemingly hated as well.

They need someone who will get everyone together and rally everyone and have a big impact.

Sure, the long term future would be better with Pearson.

But fans should expect things to probably get worse before they get better if he has to ship players out and get his own ones in.

Football fans are incredibly fickle.

If Pearson goes to Sunderland and looks like turning it round, hatred would turn to love very quickly.

I think it's clear that Pearson has nowhere near the 'love' or maybe even respect in the wider world of 'fandom' that he had at Leicester. If truth be told, with his nonsense last season I suspect he's considered a bit of a plonker.

That said, if I were any of the aforementioned teams I'd snap him up. Especially Sunderland.

Depends on what you base your assessment on - the opinion in the media seems pretty much split, yet I've seen more of his critics aiming at his media personality than his fallacies as a manager last season. After all, most of them aren't there to sell content, they're keen on a story (or whatever sells well). And Pearson delivered.

That's not to say all other managers in the Premier League are boring douchebags - but either their antics are protected/covered by their sportive success (Mourinho or Wenger for instance) or the media don't dare touching them (like they did with Pearson).

I'd rather see him at a Championship club and with that out of the limelight for a while - let him work in a safer environment where he can build a competitive squad again.

One team that hasn't been mentioned is Ipswich Town, and NP would be a good fit there. They've been in the Championship for more than a decade, reaching but failing at the play-offs, and they have wealthy owners.

There isn't a managerial vacancy, but Mick McC has been there for nearly 3 years, and they currently lie mid-table. M McC has also just questioned his players loyalty.    There must be quite a few Championship sides like Ipswich who are wondering if NP can come in and "do a Leicester" for them.

I think he'll end up at Sheffield Wednesday, local side, sold by mandaric, thai owner, decent sized ground. Its all primed for a manager that can build and its history repeating itself. On the other hand, it may be a case of "fvck that!"

Wouldn't another Thai owner avoid him after all that bad press in the Summer? lol

One team that hasn't been mentioned is Ipswich Town, and NP would be a good fit there. They've been in the Championship for more than a decade, reaching but failing at the play-offs, and they have wealthy owners.

There isn't a managerial vacancy, but Mick McC has been there for nearly 3 years, and they currently lie mid-table. M McC has also just questioned his players loyalty. There must be quite a few Championship sides like Ipswich who are wondering if NP can come in and "do a Leicester" for them.

Mick mccartthy has been promoted more times than pearson?

Must be reassuring for players, fans and Pearson alike knowing that theyre about to enter talks with their 4th choice manager if reports are to be believed.

I think Pearson deserves better than this. A crap club that will ruin the career legacy he has built so far.

If any of our staff join him, theyll probably be looking for work again in 18 months time and might never work in the premier league again.

If he went I could see him adopting the 3 5 2 he finished with us. Van Aanholt and Yedlin would be incredible for them in those positions. Coates, O Shea and Brown/Kaboule as the 3cb's. Cattermole, Rodwell sitting with Fletcher behind Lens and Defoe.

The CB's are the main issue as they've got good enough forwards. They have conceded at least 2 goals in all but 2 games. They're a club with decent potential, a good sized fan base. I think he'd want assurances that the owners ambitions match his own, which you'd assume would be to turn the club into a top 8 outfit.

January transfer market is most critical for them, need to build a team around Defoe and Cattermole.

Think Newcastle will scrape it and avoid relegation.

If anyone could get the best out of Lee Cattermole it's Nigel Pearson. Unless they had a falling-out...two strong personalities there. If not, he'd make him captain.

I think Sunderland aren't a good side. But, they are certainly under-performing. Their squad is better than the rubbish they are showing at present I think.

Sunderland should stop pissing about and sign Pearson IMO.

Nigel Pearson is not stupid, hes seen the black cats last 5 years run.

He will have his plans already drawn out.

1) if Sunderland avoid the drop, then he will lay down his expectations, beforehand

2) if they go down, he again will lay down his expectations, beforehand.

Both Will call for a 3-5 yr plan.Maybe prepared to work without too many funds, and work with what hes got.

IMO hes the best candidate, and not SAM.

If he came sniffing around the KP, I believe he would look for players like Wasi, and Wes.

Cant see others at present, with present run, gambling on their careers.Unless Kramaric or Ulloa could be guarranteed,1st

team choice, even that I dont think Ulloa would be interested.

Ranieri has informed the players he doesnt see its a question of individual 1st team players, but a 1st team squad.

Archived