Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Aston Villa  :sick: or Newcastle still on the cards...

Wow, the Premier League outlook gets better and better for Nigel with each week going by.

I dunno MC. I'm not sure he's right for Newcastle, they might think they'll need a bigger name in if they get rid of McLaren I'd guess. As for Villa, that's a possibility I suppose if Sherwood keeps screwing up. Again, in theory a 'bigger' club than us so think they'd go for someone with more PL experience maybe. My guess is NP might go abroad. I fear he may be seen as 'damaged goods' in the UK so might need to go overseas to rebuild his reputation. Or I could be just talking a complete load of bollux lol

A Championship club will want him, someone like Fulham or QPR.

He might have a negative reputation at the moment but football employs any number of people who have done far, far worse than Pearson has. His results and record will get him a decent level job.

A Championship club will want him, someone like Fulham or QPR.

He might have a negative reputation at the moment but football employs any number of people who have done far, far worse than Pearson has. His results and record will get him a decent level job.

Fernandes always comes across quite level headed and pretty patient, too. Managed to stick with Harry when he was doing his best to swerve any kind of achievement in the second tier - gives his managers moolah too

I'd take a job on £20k+ a week if I was choice number nine hundred and six. I'm sure Nigel will relish the opportunity to prove the fans wrong. He never much cared about being loved by fans anyway, at least not outwardly.

you missed the word million.

Id bet good money on Pearson never managing abroad

I agree. He'll get a championship team on the rocks and pull them round. He's a very good manager with a PR problem.

Newcastle and Villa probably go for a 'bigger name'

Bolton, Leeds, Blackburn or Forest are possibilities.

I would like mackemhope's opinion on Patrick van aanholt. I mean we all know he's gash but it's good to have it validated

He is not a full back that's for certain. This season, he's probably been our worst player in pretty much every match, which is a feat in itself considering the garbage that the rest of the team have served up as well. His pace is his biggest asset, I could see him maybe playing as a winger in the future, but I'd say his level is championship mid-table to championship top 6 level. So he might be worth tying down to a longer deal judging by how this season is panning out! 

• 4 weeks later...

Queens Park Rangers supporters have started to call for Nigel Pearson to replace Chris Ramsey at Loftus Road.

QPR fans have voiced their concerns about Ramsey’s management frequently in recent times, and a 1-0 loss to Derby County did little to help the 53-year-old boss’s popularity.

QPR always faced a tough test against the Rams, but a late Andreas Weimann strike meant that they had to return to London empty handed.

R’s supporters have been left frustrated by Ramsey’s poor winning ratio since he took charge, and their awful start to the Championship season has left him under serious presser.

HITC ran reports suggesting that Ramsey is edging closer to the sack, and it seems that QPR supporters are largely hoping that the club will dismiss him.

SEE ALSO: Andy Sinton sends message to QPR fans on Twitter after Derby defeat

If Ramsey does go, a vocal section of their fan-base want former Leicester City boss Pearson to take charge, and they have started to voice their opinions on social media site Twitter.

Have a feeling he's still monitoring McClaren's situation.

Would be a better club for him at Newcastle than Forest/QPR.

Obviously, but what if Newcastle don't want him? He can't hang about until the perfect job comes along.

Archived