Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Newcastle have only just signed McLaren, and I can see Ashley waiting until the last possible second before sacking so he can save money on a termination fee (unless there's some sort of "shit start" clause).

I think it's more likely that Advocaat will leave Sunderland. He's only on a one-year deal that he wasn't even going to sign in the first place. It also seems like there have already been a few times where he's wondered whether or not either he or his players are really up for another relegation scrap. If things don't change at Sunderland very soon, I would not be surprised to see Advocaat tender his resignation.

Pearson would certainly be among the top names to be linked to either club, but I think he'd do better to start anew at a club where he can build his own team rather than jump right into fighting fires.

The only premier league club he would go to is one almost guaranteed relegation. They'll give him a chance to perform a miracle but will realistically be employing him as good championship manager.

He'll most likely end up in the championship or perhaps one of the bigger league one clubs.

That's ridiculous. He can do a lot better than that.

if they're that deluded then I'd expect Nige to stay well clear

18th in the Championship, slapped in midweek. Probably typical reactionaries but they're having a dodgy start.

So if Nuneaton sack their manager and approached him he'd go there would he?

No obviously itll be a realistic club, but i was just making the point he wont be able to just wait around for the mythical perfect job

No obviously itll be a realistic club, but i was just making the point he wont be able to just wait around for the mythical perfect job

They'll be more than enough championships clubs who would be prepared to hire him.

I could see either Sunderland or Newcastle also approaching him when they get rid of their managers.

Think Sunderland but could be a near impossible task way they are looking. January will be huge for both them and Newcastle.

Imagine Ashley will be patient with McClaren.

He does have the history with Newcastle, but I'd stay well away from the North East clubs. I actually think he could be a great fit for Villa out of the current strugglers. But I don't think this assumption that he'll be the Tony Pulis of this year to walk into a relegation threatened club is particularly likely. He'll want enough time to establish things, rather than be chucked into the deep end. Wouldn't be surprised if he took a year out and took over whoever goes down.

I really don't know why people think a premiership club would be desperate to sign Pearson. Apart from the last 9 games his premiership record is poor, including the last 9 games it's average at best. The baggage he brings will put off loads of potential clubs.Much as I loved the bloke his best chance to manage in the PL is to take a side up again.

I'd probably agree that he is likely to join a Championship club but League One is ridiculous. How after all he's done here could he possibly end up back at that level?

If Derby don't sort themselves out I could see him going there, sadly.

I hope he goes abroad.

I'd probably agree that he is likely to join a Championship club but League One is ridiculous. How after all he's done here could he possibly end up back at that level?

If Derby don't sort themselves out I could see him going there, sadly.

I hope he goes abroad.

I can imagine him doing well at Peterborough for some reason, as they're largely under-achieving.

Peterborough lol what has he done so wrong to end up going to a level that's lower than when he actually took over us in 2008? I don't get it. He's a quality manager. He would sort out any Championship club given time.

QPR might actually not be a bad shout thinking about it. I've disliked QPR for years but they're becoming slightly more inoffensive as a club, although they're still pretty horrendous.

Where did you here that from.

Would be surprising as he seems like someone who can handle difficult situations well.

I don't have to name names, but people know on hear I don't post stuff unless it's 100%.

Depression can happen to anyone, I can easily see why Pearson is suffering.

Easy to think that Pearson doesn't have much of a personal life given his reputation and attitude in the media.

But losing his job in the way he did, the shit with his son and having to sit and watch Leicester start the season so well would leave most feeling shite.

Good luck to the bloke, really hope he gets back into the game quickly.

Where did you here that from.

Would be surprising as he seems like someone who can handle difficult situations well.

I'm one of Pearsons most staunch defenders but did you not see some of the shit he did last season? He absolutely cracked under pressure at times.

Advocaat has already told Sunderland's backroom staff he is ready to leave, with former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson in the frame to replace him.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche is also among the contenders to take over from the Dutchman at the Stadium of Light. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3257905/Dick-Advocaat-set-quit-Sunderland-beat-West-Ham-Premier-League-win-season.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dick-advocaat-set-quit-sunderland-6562426

Archived