Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

If he does go to Sunderland, and I really hope he does, keeping them up this season will be the toughest test he has ever faced as a manager. I think that will provide us some closure as to whether or not he was ever likely to be a good premier league manager with us. Personally, I think he would really struggle.

lol That's rubbish.

He'd be walking into a club in a mess, a group of overpaid players that aren't his with a whole negative feel around the club. That's a whole lot different to his own squad he built up here. 

Worrying thing for me is that Sunderland are about to lose Lee Congleton as sporting director as well. That's a job ready made for Steve Walsh.

Fvck fvck fvck

Ideally he doesn't leave but hopefully he's passed on as much of his knowledge as possible to our current set up.

lol That's rubbish.

He'd be walking into a club in a mess, a group of overpaid players that aren't his with a whole negative feel around the club. That's a whole lot different to his own squad he built up here.

But given time to build a team, how well he does at Sunderland will give us a decent idea of what his potential for us was.

Dyche to Sunderland and then nige to Burnley?

After his thoroughly unprofessional "better than Burnley" rant? fans would love him.

He wont turn Sunderland around because hes not an impact manager. He needs time to build a squad and he has so many idiots he needs to ship out.

And Allardyce would be a better choice anyway surely? Several seasons of relative Premier League success, Pearson was like a lost boy until the final couple of months.

Worrying thing for me is that Sunderland are about to lose Lee Congleton as sporting director as well. That's a job ready made for Steve Walsh.

Heard something on the radio yesterday that Congleton has made way because they are lining up Big Sam and he won't work with a sporting director.

If Pearson got appointed and Sunderland were prepared to stick with him in the event of relegation, they will be in a much better place 2-3 years down the road.

If they want an impact manager he's probably not the man.

Sunderland fans also not aware of the great back room setup and player recruitment that NP brings.

Sunderland fans not too keen

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nigel-pearson.1142018/

He's an absolute ****

He's a **** and a bully

I'd be gutted if we get him

Abhorrent human being. Complete bell end

Spent 3 quarters of the season getting battered every week... Leicester look twice the side since he left
he is a complete bellend and seems to have severe mental problems I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

he'd be me least favourite choice

I'd rather we dropped several divisions that have that twat in charge
I hate the ****

And that's just the first page :o 

As discussed in the general sport thread, the wider footballing public dont hold Pearson in the regard that we do.

Not to say he wouldnt do an excellent job, but having to win over fans baying for blood as well as an underachieving team to turn around might not be an ideal situation

If Sunderland want to survive this season they need an impact manager, but that's what they been doing for the last few years, getting someone in to save them, sacking them and repeating. Pearson isn't that man. If they're happy to go down in order to reboot the team and come back stronger they should go for Pearson. They're best bet is Big Sam who I think will keep them up and move the forward next season.

Archived