Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Don't read too much into a handful of reactionary fan comments on a forum, look at the reaction on here to Ranieri being appointed, reactionary people are always the first ones to get their digs in on a forum.

I would expect the majority of fans to see the positives in Pearson and give him a fair chance if appointed.

I don't think it will be Pearson though it doesn't really fit and he would be taking over a poisonous atmosphere, where he will be under pressure and intense media scrutiny from the start.

More likely is Sunderland appoint someone like Dyche and Pearson goes there, except he would never go to Burnley.

What of he goes Sunderland and manages to get all the back room staff and a load of our players over there

You'd hope with how well we're going the players at least would want to stay. Plus Sunderland can't have too much money to play with anyway given how much they've wasted on shit players in the last few years.

Neither did we half the time tbh. As with here, some people have made their minds up, and some will look at what he's achieving and judge based on that.

Well, we did. We put up with a lot of shit underachievement before him and still turned up in big numbers. Even when we were absolute doggo for a lot of last season the fans were still behind the team.

I can't think of a group of fans more deserving of relative success.

Sunderland fans on the other hand, are just awful.

What of he goes Sunderland and manages to get all the back room staff and a load of our players over there

Do you honestly think the players would want to leave for a club thats a shambles and likely to get relegated?

Well, we did. We put up with a lot of shit underachievement before him and still turned up in big numbers. Even when we were absolute doggo for a lot of last season the fans were still behind the team.

I can't think of a group of fans more deserving of relative success.

Sunderland fans on the other hand, are just awful.

Sure, but when we drew at home to Oldham? During his first half season back cleaning up Sven's mess? During our shit run in 12/13, culminating in losing at Barnsley? You're not wrong, but you've glossed over a bit.

Sunderland fans probably walked out yesterday after conceding the equaliser. Their only hope of creating a winning mentality is by getting relegated first.

all in all, with their fans being so sh*t, Nige won't be given the time he needs to build.

Sunderland fan here - I'd take Pearson all day long. Some of the posters on here have got it right, we need as a club to get relegated and get rid of the rotten core that is at our club, an overpaid core of largely average players who don't really start performing until mid-March every year.

Problem is, I'm absolutely certain Sunderland will stay up. 3 seasons in a row now we haven't won a game in August and September, the slow starts are nothing new, and we are normally adrift by greater gaps than 5 points in February.

For our club to progress, we need to build a new regime from the Championship and get used to a winning mentality again. From the championship somebody like Pearson would do a great job IMO. I'm just absolutely not as certain as the fans of the 19 other premier league clubs, that Sunderland will take a relegation spot. We will stay up with a game to go, spend a lot of money on more average players in the summer, start slowly, get a new manager in around January, start to pick up form in March - eat, sleep, repeat. As fans we are at the point now where we couldn't care less. Pearson would be as good a shout as anyone to change that cycle, but to do that in the Premier League is a mammoth task.

Amazed at the number of people saying  "Pearson is not an impact manager". He came here when the club, the squad and the supporters were in the depths of despair, and he got us promoted, with a record number of points, at the first attempt. Aside from Man City, what other "never been in the third tier" team has done that? Villa? Florist? Leeds? And he's not an impact manager?

I watched Sunderland on MoTD, which is not always a good guide, of course, and I thought they looked really in the first half, but lost it after the break. Pearson could sort that out in a heartbeat and, bringing in a few young players on loan, he could turn them round by Christmas. Whether he would want to go to a club with such nasty supporters - remember the ones who kept walking out last season - is another matter.

Sunderland fan here - I'd take Pearson all day long. Some of the posters on here have got it right, we need as a club to get relegated and get rid of the rotten core that is at our club, an overpaid core of largely average players who don't really start performing until mid-March every year.

Problem is, I'm absolutely certain Sunderland will stay up. 3 seasons in a row now we haven't won a game in August and September, the slow starts are nothing new, and we are normally adrift by greater gaps than 5 points in February.

For our club to progress, we need to build a new regime from the Championship and get used to a winning mentality again. From the championship somebody like Pearson would do a great job IMO. I'm just absolutely not as certain as the fans of the 19 other premier league clubs, that Sunderland will take a relegation spot. We will stay up with a game to go, spend a lot of money on more average players in the summer, start slowly, get a new manager in around January, start to pick up form in March - eat, sleep, repeat. As fans we are at the point now where we couldn't care less. Pearson would be as good a shout as anyone to change that cycle, but to do that in the Premier League is a mammoth task.

Good assessment. Pearson will sort you out and restore some pride but he'd need at least 18 months before you'd start seeing the fruits of his labour.

18 months would be a miracle. it'll take 18 years to sort that absolute shit of a club out. there is not one single good thing at the club or involved in it from top to bottom. can't wait for them and other clubs like newcastle, aston villa and west brom who all fit in the same category to get to f uck and never return.

no offence.

also that thread about nige on their forum lmao who do they think they are, they'd be lucky to have someone as good at managing and as great a person as him anywhere near their club. based purely on that thread i hope pearson goes to newcastle and keeps them up and sunderland break derby's points record and do a portsmouth. bellends. 

18 months would be a miracle. it'll take 18 years to sort that absolute shit of a club out. there is not one single good thing at the club or involved in it from top to bottom. can't wait for them and other clubs like newcastle, aston villa and west brom who all fit in the same category to get to f uck and never return.

no offence.

lol - no offence taken, this is a post on your forum. I'm sure our forum would be equally dismissive of other clubs. I don't agree that it'd take 18 years to sort out the mess however, we aren't in the same situation as Portsmouth, nor in a situation like Leeds/Blackburn relegated with top players who will burden us going forward. I'm not a fan of the other 3 clubs you mention either, but not sure I'd want to replace them for the likes of Burnley, Brighton, Hull, Birmingham etc.

If Newcastle and Villa go down, I'd expect them both to come straight back up with a new man in charge. Wouldn't be 100% convinced that West Brom would. Back on topic though, of those 4 clubs that NP could potentially go to, he'd be well suited at Sunderland. Ignore fans forums (jeez some of our fans are talking abou Klopp!!)...I'm sure there would have been plenty here who wouldn't have wanted CR in charge for you when it was suggested either.  

Archived