Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

Sunderland fans not too keen

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nigel-pearson.1142018/

And that's just the first page :o

Am I missing something here? They had a genuine fascist in charge of them two years ago, but they appear to draw the line at calling a journalist an ostrich. Amazing.

If he got the job and was given time (which is a really big if), then he's the perfect choice for them. They badly need someone who can build a side that has a genuine hope of progressing and he's the perfect choice to do that, absolutely bizarre that some are so opposed to getting him.

Can't believe their knobbish fans!

Reading that, they don't deserve Pearson.

I'd choose him over Dyche any day of the week.

Neither did we half the time tbh. As with here, some people have made their minds up, and some will look at what he's achieving and judge based on that.

Am I missing something here? They had a genuine fascist in charge of them two years ago, but they appear to draw the line at calling a journalist an ostrich. Amazing.

If he got the job and was given time (which is a really big if), then he's the perfect choice for them. They badly need someone who can build a side that has a genuine hope of progressing and he's the perfect choice to do that, absolutely bizarre that some are so opposed to getting him.

I wouldn't say he is the perfect choice, they need an 'impact manager' and he is not one of them. If they're content to get relegated, spend a couple of years in the championship rebuilding and then possibly get promoted again, then providing they can fund all of that he'd be a good choice. For staying up this season, not such a good choice.

Can't see him going there now anyway, not with such an outpouring of hate from the fans.

I wouldn't say he is the perfect choice, they need an 'impact manager' and he is not one of them. If they're content to get relegated, spend a couple of years in the championship rebuilding and then possibly get promoted again, then providing they can fund all of that he'd be a good choice. For staying up this season, not such a good choice.

Can't see him going there now anyway, not with such an outpouring of hate from the fans.

He's never been one to pay attention to newspapers or TV media so why would he know what's going on on an insignificant internet forum? If the chairman offers him a role, and he likes what he sees, he'll take the job. Simple.

Theres nothing to miss. You love him, they hate him.

Whos going to thrive in that atmosphere or get any time to do anything?

If youre going to be hated where you go, what chance have you got of winning people over?

I think their big issue is that they don't seem to have any long term plan for progression, Pearson would offer that. He might keep them up (he does have a track record of that too, even if it isn't his main strength), he might not, but if I were a Sunderland fan I'd just want someone who provides some hope of moving forwards, because a new manager every 1/2 years and 17th being the goal every season must be really frustrating. Whether it's Pearson or someone else, I think they need to appoint someone with a long term vision, and they need to let them put that in place, rather than yet another short term option.

He's never been one to pay attention to newspapers or TV media so why would he know what's going on on an insignificant internet forum? If the chairman offers him a role, and he likes what he sees, he'll take the job. Simple.

I'm thinking more about the Sunderland board, will they appoint someone the fans obviously don't want? I think they'll take it into consideration and it highlights how well or not so well respected Pearson is outside Leicester

I'm thinking more about the Sunderland board, will they appoint someone the fans obviously don't want? I think they'll take it into consideration and it highlights how well or not so well respected Pearson is outside Leicester

Who do the fans want?

The board don't care about what the fans think. They're only worried about how relegation is going to put them out of pocket!

Archived