Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

One Craig Shakespeare

I'd expect some of the man united boys to follow him as I'd expect its closer to home. Plus they love him.

Why would you leave a team in the top 5 with a manger who allows you to play your own game for a team at the bottom and a very real chance of seeing your salary slashed next season?

This idea that players and backroom staff will quit a well performing side who will likely get even better as the season progresses seems mad to me.

Why would you leave a team in the top 5 with a manger who allows you to play your own game for a team at the bottom and a very real chance of seeing your salary slashed next season?

This idea that players and backroom staff will quit a well performing side who will likely get even better as the season progresses seems mad to me.

Maybe they have big loyalty to Pearson

Maybe they have big loyalty to Pearson

Assuming they would appoint Pearson in the next couple of weeks while we are still 4th and Sunderland bottom, and assuming Sunderland won't be paying any more than we are, if a player would honestly swap Leicester for Sunderland than maybe they're not the kind of player we want at the club anyway. Not to mention how unlikely it is that Sunderland would be able to afford transfer fees.

Assuming they would appoint Pearson in the next couple of weeks while we are still 4th and Sunderland bottom, and assuming Sunderland won't be paying any more than we are, if a player would honestly swap Leicester for Sunderland than maybe they're not the kind of player we want at the club anyway. Not to mention how unlikely it is that Sunderland would be able to afford transfer fees.

I'm on about the coaching staff

I'm on about the coaching staff

Your reply was to hackney's post about players and staff, but fair enough. I'd say the same thing for the staff, too. I can't imagine why you'd be willing to take a step back professionally because of loyalty to a co-worker.

I'd like to think clauses in Nigel's settlement would make it very difficult for him to come back and poach Walsh and Shakespeare from us.

Nigel is still an employee of lcfc, hence Shakespeare and Walsh are still with us, the has been no settlement!

Well Walsh Snr has worked with Ranieri before and both he and Shakespeare look very happy with life at the moment, probably as settled as they can be in football terms and would be a big risk to up sticks if and when NP gets his next job and that is assuming where ever NP goes he is financially backed to bring in "his team" very few owners have the pockets and patience of our owners.

I guess whether they stay or whether they join Pearson all depends on how much input they are allowed to give here on the training ground, team selection, transfers in and out. If they feel they are just puppets here, they probably would leave.

Wasn't at the game yesterday, but pleased to hear that 'there's only one Craig Shakespeare' was given an airing. Really hope Shakey and Walshy stay put when NP possibly ends up in another prem job in the next few weeks, hopefully will become a regular chant.

Yes he was? He was on the TV

Nigel is still an employee of lcfc, hence Shakespeare and Walsh are still with us, the has been no settlement!

When NP was on Sky the other Sunday didn't he say he couldn't discuss certain things because of a confidentiality clause in his agreement?

It would be surprising ,if there is an agreement, if it doesn't contain clauses about poaching LC staff.

Can't imagine Shakespeare or Walsh will want to leave what they have become a part of here. Announced as the 42nd strongest brand in football, Leicester are perfectly placed for the biggest adventure in their history...and the sort of chance you get once in a lifetime if at all.     

If they were as loyal to Pearson as many make out then surely they would have gone at the time as a matter of principle. From The little Pearson has said about the matter, it sounds as though he thinks he was unfairly treated...you would have thought his two most loyal followers would quit in support.

Archived