Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

One Craig Shakespeare

Except if they know their mate is getting a job elsewhere, they will walk.

Will they I would not safe job or quit and go to blunderland and last 6 months.

They are just friends NP will not be paying them if he is sacked.

No job is safe in football?

Even more so when you have two or three Italians lurking around the training ground with similar job titles.

No job is safe in football?

Even more so when you have two or three Italians lurking around the training ground with similar job titles.

Is there an Italian doing a similar job to Steve Walsh?

Do the players like the Italian assistant as much as they like Shakespeare?

If the answers to the above are 'no' then I don't see the owners wanting them to leave.

If the owners make it clear that their jobs are safe then they'd be mad to join NFP.

Is there an Italian doing a similar job to Steve Walsh?

Do the players like the Italian assistant as much as they like Shakespeare?

If the answers to the above are 'no' then I don't see the owners wanting them to leave.

If the owners make it clear that their jobs are safe then they'd be mad to join NFP.

This is what I'm thinking.

How much impact has Ranieri actually had on tactics etc, without the assistance of Shakespeare/Walsh?

Why do people assume Walsh and Shakey left it being on good terms with NP?

They could have been getting cheesed off with their antics as much the owners, and his behaviour also put their jobs at risk as much as NPs.

We know very little about how relationships are as it stands. 

I think Ranieri will be a big imapct on whether they stay. He is such a likeable guy and as long as he wants them here, I think they could stay. 

Pearson is most likely only going to get a Championship role next, so would be a step down for Walsh and Shakesphere and also real uncertainty compared to our great start and good potential of another year in the Prem. Only reason I can see them leaving, is if Claudio deems them surplus. Hope they both stay, especially Walsh for his scouting brilliance! 

Shinji, Fuchs and Kante were scouted by Walsh a long time before Ranieri came. Inler I'm not sure about, but I'm prepared to follow the perceived wisdom of this board that he was tracked by Walsh, and suddenly when Aranguiz decided not to join us, he became target no 1 in terms of a Cambiasso replacement. 

The same is not true of Yohan Benalouane. Claudio thought that one up by himself. It depends on whether Steve Walsh considered this move (a) a good and inspiring idea on Ranieri's part, (b) why am I being sidetracked all of a sudden when I'm meant to be the chief scout, or © whether he sat there with his head in his hands thinking 'Oh no, what a total pig's ear, why the hell would you waste £5.6m on a player like that?'.

I don't know the answer to that, but I am prepared to think that it may have some relevance to what Steve Walsh considers himself likely to do when Pearson gets a new job.

Just a thought. 

Under contract a resignation doesn't need to be accepted. It's not like a standard 1 months notice period. If we want to keep them (especially walsh) they won't be going anywhere.

What a load of rubbish. We all know contracts are pretty worthless in football when people decide they no longer want to be at a club. Same situation all those years ago when we lost Little to Villa. Evans and Gregory stayed with us for a while, but left to join him at villa eventually. Not a lot clubs can do about it.

Also, having his own men here now anyway- why would Claudio want to keep unhappy coaches on his staff if they wanted to leave?

What a load of rubbish. We all know contracts are pretty worthless in football when people decide they no longer want to be at a club. Same situation all those years ago when we lost Little to Villa. Evans and Gregory stayed with us for a while, but left to join him at villa eventually. Not a lot clubs can do about it.

Also, having his own men here now anyway- why would Claudio want to keep unhappy coaches on his staff if they wanted to leave?

Not a load of rubbish at all. You profess to have all this knowledge when in fact you know diddly squat. If we had wanted to keep gregory we would have until he left on our terms. Nothing like players who have a resale value. If we don't want to lose Walsh we won't until his contract is finished. He is a professional man who would act professionally if his resignation was refused. It happens all the time.

Not a load of rubbish at all. You profess to have all this knowledge when in fact you know diddly squat. If we had wanted to keep gregory we would have until he left on our terms. Nothing like players who have a resale value. If we don't want to lose Walsh we won't until his contract is finished. He is a professional man who would act professionally if his resignation was refused. It happens all the time.

What you are failing to remember is everyone knew Little was going Villa and Gregory & Evans where just biding their time, there where only here 1 maybe 2 games?

If they Shakey & Walsh were not in it for the long haul they would be long gone Ranieri is no mug and the owners aren't either.

What you are failing to remember is everyone knew Little was going Villa and Gregory & Evans where just biding their time, there where only here 1 maybe 2 games?

If they Shakey & Walsh were not in it for the long haul they would be long gone Ranieri is no mug and the owners aren't either.

Agreed

Why do you assume the coaches are unhappy. They might be perfectly happy.

You dont just leave a club to join a mate. There are circumstances, and there are professional careers and reputations to think about.

Gregory and Evans had the opportunity to join Little straightaway. Shakespeare and Walsh haven't had he opportunity yet.

Gregory and Evans had the opportunity to join Little straightaway. Shakespeare and Walsh haven't had he opportunity yet.

I still dont know why you automatically assume that Shakespeare and Walsh will run off the moment Pearson gets a job.

I dont understand why just the mere fact Nige gets a job means its a done deal.

I can give examples where it isnt.

Why do you assume the coaches are unhappy. They might be perfectly happy.

You dont just leave a club to join a mate. There are circumstances, and there are professional careers and reputations to think about.

Because they want to be Pearson's boys until they die

I'd imagine Sunderland would have to offer more money or a longer contract than they already have. If they were sacked after 6 months then they would have to be paid up.

I don't know whether Walsh and Shakespeare will leave or not but it's certainly not inconceivable.

Met Shakey down the Donkey a couple of weeks ago.

Asked him how he much he liked Ranieri and he said he's learning a lot under his stewardship, said he still is on good terms with Pearson but agreed with the boards decision.

Read into that what you will.

this is bullshit of course and just from my imagination like most posts written by people on this board

Met Shakey down the Donkey a couple of weeks ago.

Asked him how he much he liked Ranieri and he said he's learning a lot under his stewardship, said he still is on good terms with Pearson but agreed with the boards decision.

Read into that what you will.

this is bullshit of course and just from my imagination like most posts written by people on this board

Do you know him / ever met him before?

Archived