Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Our last top flight win against Fulham was in 1968 with a Mike Stringfellow goal although it would be better if we knew how many times with been in the tier at the same time during that period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are definitely title contenders if we don’t win it this season i back us to win it next season our team has massive potential.

As long as we win all of our games and Man City slip up!

It's beginning to look like City"s title again.  City are having a great season but ultimately City have a stronger squad, points in the bag and games in hand.  For City to be on.contention with City, I think we would have needed to win three games that we have lost.  The recent defeat against United showed we still lack resilience without N'didi.  The 3-0 defeat to United earlier in the season is another that springs to mind as well as the loss to Fulham.

On 02/02/2021 at 22:24, Nalis said:

Man Utd equalled their own biggest home win in premier league history tonight with a 9-0 win at home to Southampton.

They also equalled the biggest overall win in premier league history with themselves and Leicester City. (both 9 nil)

Leicester City however, still hold the premier league record for the biggest away win (9 nil).

Despite countless posts in the premier league thread on it, its as simple as that.

On 02/02/2021 at 22:27, Corky said:

All time top flight record away win.

OUR record away win, too. That's what matters.

Yes…. Since football began sounds far more impressive!  It was an amazing achievement that result

I think the top flight home win record was 13-0 (jocks v Geordies circa 1887)

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

As long as we win all of our games and Man City slip up!

It's beginning to look like City"s title again.  City are having a great season but ultimately City have a stronger squad, points in the bag and games in hand.  For City to be on.contention with City, I think we would have needed to win three games that we have lost.  The recent defeat against United showed we still lack resilience without N'didi.  The 3-0 defeat to United earlier in the season is another that springs to mind as well as the loss to Fulham.

We don’t have a game in hand on anyone? :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, majaco said:

I meant City. You got mixed up and thought I meant City.

Do I qualify for a job as a Sky pundit?

I claim my £5 you're Neville Foulger (one for the oldies)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I claim my £5 you're Neville Foulger (one for the oldies)

Although I believe Mike Stringfellow may have p.ayed in the first match I attended, a home win v Burnley in the early seventies, this reference is beyond me.  Who was he?

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Although I believe Mike Stringfellow may have p.ayed in the first match I attended, a home win v Burnley in the early seventies, this reference is beyond me.  Who was he?

From the Foxestalk History Section - https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=569

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, majaco said:

I meant City. You got mixed up and thought I meant City.

Do I qualify for a job as a Sky pundit?

This is up there with commentators in a Man City v Leicester match talking about Kevin when De Bruyne is on the pitch with Albrighton. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Without looking it up, was he the old BBC Radio Leicester commentator who hated it when we scored (being a Forest fan)?

Yeah, my recollection of him was that his commentary was infuriating when we played another 'City' team as he kept referring to them as City.

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

Yeah, my recollection of him was that his commentary was infuriating when we played another 'City' team as he kept referring to them as City.

I only vaguely remember him, but it was always such an anti-climax when we scored as he almost muttered the fact and the goalscorer's name under his breath lol 

He did however spend considerably less time than Stringer talking about sandwiches, what hats people in the stands are wearing, or giving us a detailed analysis about his commute to the stadium instead of a build-up to a penalty

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I only vaguely remember him, but it was always such an anti-climax when we scored as he almost muttered the fact and the goalscorer's name under his breath lol 

He did however spend considerably less time than Stringer talking about sandwiches, what hats people in the stands are wearing, or giving us a detailed analysis about his commute to the stadium instead of a build-up to a penalty

Overall he wasn't bad better than Stringer but one or two annoying habits. 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

From the Foxestalk History Section - https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=569

In November 1973, Leicester beat Burnley 2-0.  I think Worthington got a late penalty.  My dad, in less politically correct times, thought it ludicrous that someone who had played like a fairy should be given the penalty taking responsibilities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Without looking it up, was he the old BBC Radio Leicester commentator who hated it when we scored (being a Forest fan)?

Neville Foulger wasn't/isn't a big fan of any one club.

Worked for papers in Nottm, Brum and Cov before moving to Leicester in '87.

However, I'm pretty sure he cares more about us than anyone else.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Neville Foulger wasn't/isn't a big fan of any one club.

Worked for papers in Nottm, Brum and Cov before moving to Leicester in '87.

However, I'm pretty sure he cares more about us than anyone else.

Voice of Leicester on the radio. 

So much better at the actual commentating aspect than most others I've heard. I could see what was going on just by listening. 

7 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Last night's win over Fulham is our 3rd top-flight win in London this season, following victories over Arsenal and Tottenham.

That's as many top-flight London wins as LCFC achieved in the 20 years from August 1977 to August 1997 when the club played a total of 34 Div 1/PL games in London, winning 3, drawing 4 and losing 27.

Top statting!

24 minutes ago, Phube said:

Top statting!

I remember those years all too well. London grounds were a graveyard for us throughout the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s. I only looked at the top flight record but it would be the same in the 2nd tier too. At grounds like Millwall, Charlton, Crystal Palace, QPR, Wimbledon we would just lose season in and season out, with every once in a while a draw.  Wembley too until the Derby game in the play-off final.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Last night's win over Fulham is our 3rd top-flight win in London this season, following victories over Arsenal and Tottenham.

That's as many top-flight London wins as LCFC achieved in the 20 years from August 1977 to August 1997 when the club played a total of 34 Div 1/PL games in London, winning 3, drawing 4 and losing 27.

We won at Spurs and Wimbledon in 1996/97 season. So did we actually only win once in London from 1977/98/1995/96!?