Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

3 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Wembley was our favourite London stadium 😉

We had a woeful record at Wembley for years I think we didn’t win a game, thankfully eventually we got to play Derby at the twin towers to break the curse.

We still I believe hold the record for the most FA Cup finals without a win.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We had a woeful record at Wembley for years I think we didn’t win a game, thankfully eventually we got to play Derby at the twin towers to break the curse.

We still I believe hold the record for the most FA Cup finals without a win.

Derby was seventh heaven 

19 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Best RL commentator in my lifetime.

No waffle around the game, stuck to describing what was happening and where, no OTT screaming, just solid and effective and I learned a lot from him in many ways.

Began to struggle with identifying players and a faster paced game so RL sent him packing in 2004.

They missed a trick though, they should've kept him on as summariser/analyst as they did with Bleddyn on the rugby more recently.

Worked with him again during the title-winning season for the club's in house media and he was sharp on the analysis and loved seeing us do so well.

I’m so glad that after some indifferent initial reactions to his lengthy stint behind the mic that someone has stuck up for him!  I thought he was great….   I have had a season for most of my adult life but when the kids were really tiny, he was the voice that put me at the matches home and away…. Spent many hours listening to Nev

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I’m so glad that after some indifferent initial reactions to his lengthy stint behind the mic that someone has stuck up for him!  I thought he was great….   I have had a season for my of my adult life but when the kids were really tiny he was the voice that put me at the matches home and away…. Spent many hours listening to Nev

Agreed, he was infinitely better than anyone who has done it since!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We won at Spurs and Wimbledon in 1996/97 season. So did we actually only win once in London from 1977/98/1995/96!?

Well spotted. I meant to write August 1996 not 1997. I didn't mean to include our return to the PL under MoN because our London form began to improve under him. But having excluded the 96/97 season, I find that if I start 3 seasons earlier and count from August 1974 through to August 1996 it gets even worse.  Leicester played 10 top-flight seasons during that time,  played 48 away games in the capital with a return of  W4 D10 L34. In other words 22 points from 48 games, less than 0.5 points per game which is catastrophic relegation form.

Incidentally 3 of the 4 wins came at Tottenham in 74/75, 80/81, and 85/86. The other win was at QPR in 86/87. I hope I've got it right this time but feel free to double check.

If I find the time I'll find out how bad the London form was in 2nd tier matches during those years but I seem to remember it being awful too.

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

It's highly likely that by the end of this season, City will have gained more points away from home than at home. And we may not be the only club to do so. I wonder how often this has happened previously in the English professional leagues? 

Every year by the looks of it.

Southampton got 21 H points and 31 A points last season.

Palace got 20 and 29 the year before, Burnley 26 and 28 the year before that.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 10:44, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Without looking it up, was he the old BBC Radio Leicester commentator who hated it when we scored (being a Forest fan)?

I wonder if you're getting mixed up with his immediate successor, John Barber, who if memory serves, was a Derby fan. Only marginally better than Stringer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Of the 589 fixtures to have been played 5+ times in the Premier League, Leicester v Wolves has had the highest proportion finish goalless (50%), with four of their eight meetings in the competition ending 0-0.

:nigel:

Yet amazingly, has produced 17 goals in the other 4 games! 

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As has been often quoted, only two clubs have taken more PL points than us since Rodgers came in (almost two years now)

In 18 months... (the last 59 matches) ...we've not been out of the top five

Gameweek positions

Top: 3 times

2nd: 13 times

3rd: 28 times

4th: 12 times

5th: 3 times

That's in the top 3 for 44 out of 59 gameweeks. Amazing really.

I may get annoyed by his team selections sometimes (Perez!) but I know we need to keep BR if we want to continue moving upwards!

The guy is quality and I hope he is here for a long long time.

As has been often quoted, only two clubs have taken more PL points than us since Rodgers came in (almost two years now)

Gameweek positions

Those stats are amazing. Perhaps the guy knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

Gameweek positions

They are amazing, I agree.

But they're also a bit a Spursy. Like when Spurs fans recall the stat they picked up more PL points than any other team over a three year period - but that did not result in any PL titles.

It's great to be top 4, but ultimately it's about where you finish after 38 games.

You can't really roll out the top 4 stat above if we finish outside the top 4 again this season. 

• Thanks 1