Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

On 19/01/2021 at 23:14, Corky said:

Six league matches unbeaten against Chelsea- 2 wins and 4 draws.

Impressive stuff (we'll ignore the FA Cup)

I was also just thinking I can't even remember last time we lost at Stamford Bridge. So I looked it and it was way back in 2014, Diego Costa and Eden Hazard scored in a 2-0 win. Chelsea are a top club so not losing there in 7 years is quite impressive.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

I was also just thinking I can't even remember last time we lost at Stamford Bridge. So I looked it and it was way back in 2014, Diego Costa and Eden Hazard scored in a 2-0 win. Chelsea are a top club so not losing there in 7 years is quite impressive.

We were also quite unlucky in that match!

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

We lost 3 nil there the year after we won the league and were battered.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We lost 3 nil there the year after we won the league and were battered.

That game is completely erased from my mind. Cant remember anything from it at all.  

• Haha 1

Merc

Ndidi’s long wait for a shot on target

When Wilfred Ndidi found the net on Tuesday, it was not only his first goal since September 2019, but it was his first shot on target in the Premier League since then too.

Yes, the defensive midfielder, who fooled City fans into thinking he was a fine long-range shooter with a couple of screamers in his first few months at the club, has missed the target with his last 24 efforts in the Premier League.

The assist went to Harvey Barnes, despite the winger making a hash of his own effort. It would have been fairer to award it to Marc Albrighton, who worked the short corner with James Maddison and then pulled the ball back, or to Jonny Evans, whose agility to duck out of the way was an overlooked contribution to the opening goal.

There were more firsts too, Maddison scoring in three straight Premier League games for the first time in his career.

Meanwhile, it was City’s first set of back-to-back clean sheets in the Premier League since November 2019.

Lastly, it was the first time since 1968 that City have won their three top-flight fixtures at the start of a new calendar year.

• 2 weeks later...

Man Utd equalled their own biggest home win in premier league history tonight with a 9-0 win at home to Southampton.

They also equalled the biggest overall win in premier league history with themselves and Leicester City. (both 9 nil)

Leicester City however, still hold the premier league record for the biggest away win (9 nil).

Despite countless posts in the premier league thread on it, its as simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Man Utd equalled their own biggest home win in premier league history tonight with a 9-0 win at home to Southampton.

They also equalled the biggest overall win in premier league history with themselves and Leicester City. (both 9 nil)

Leicester City however, still hold the premier league record for the biggest away win (9 nil).

Despite countless posts in the premier league thread on it, its as simple as that.

All time top flight record away win.

OUR record away win, too. That's what matters.

4 minutes ago, smitha said:

Apparently the last win there was in 1983 Ian Wilson scoring the only goal, what a game that was a sea of blue in the away end. Breaking a few away records this year

Does anyone know the away ground that we've not won at for the longest time but having played at(having now won at Arsenal and Fulham). Is it Old Trafford?

We have played all the newly promoted clubs away now and won them all.

Played against 2 at home and lost both.

Only one left is West Brom, does anyone know the last time we beat them at home, seem to have one over us at home in recent years.

1 minute ago, smitha said:

We have played all the newly promoted clubs away now and won them all.

Played against 2 at home and lost both.

Only one left is West Brom, does anyone know the last time we beat them at home, seem to have one over us at home in recent years.

1994 according to this - https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-bromwich-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leicester City/ !!

3 minutes ago, smitha said:

If it was the 4-2 at home game, it was played on a real mud bath of a pitch, Iwan Roberts, Mike Whitlow were among the goals, 27 years jeez about time we put that right.

Whitlow's goal was an absolute stonker IIRC. 25-yard arrow into the top corner. Didn't it get stuck in the stanchion? Or am I mis-remembering?

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Whitlow's goal was an absolute stonker IIRC. 25-yard arrow into the top corner. Didn't it get stuck in the stanchion? Or am I mis-remembering?

Yep think it did, cannot really believe we haven't beat these ar home since then!!!!