Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

Thing is, apparently legally speaking they arent allowed to. They have confirmed every order and their ts and cs mention nothing about cancelling orders.

Thing is, even if it is a mistake (which is we know), they've advertised and sold at those prices so they have to honour them.

Legally they are able to cancel them. Studied it a few months ago and it should come under mistake in contract law

Ah bugger, I read a telegraph article that gave an example and suggested they could do nothing about it.

With it being a fairly new problem, there isn't a lot of case law on it tbh so it's a little bit up in the air. Where it's an obvious mistake though, it's likely they can cancel it. If it was only about a tenner off it'd be different story and they'd most likely have to honour it

Shared a room with my mate the other day and he had some Joe Malone which I nabbed when he wasn't looking and to be honest it was quite good .....    didn't know whether to get some for myself now or wait for him to bring the next one out ...     Joe Malone two   (boom boom !)    :)

Getting to checkout is a grind.

Even if you do get to checkout, best not count your chickens.

I got to checkout about 5 times & got to different stages of the process before I eventually succeeded.  Got the missus some but it took so many attempts, I'm not even sure what I ordered now.  I doubt it will be honoured, but that's next weeks anniversary sorted if it does.

• Like 1

With it being a fairly new problem, there isn't a lot of case law on it tbh so it's a little bit up in the air. Where it's an obvious mistake though, it's likely they can cancel it. If it was only about a tenner off it'd be different story and they'd most likely have to honour it

Well to be fair £10ks worth of aftershave for £100 is pretty similar to £10 off right?

I seem to remember something similar happening with teles at Argos. They did;t honour the advertised price as it was clearly an error.

There was some loophole that mentioned that even though you go through the purchasing procedure, they still have to approve the sale before it's legally binding. I think that's where they can withdraw it.

Good luck though. Hopefully it's an automated system and your orders will get through.

I like to go to Boyes haberdashery for the retro scents of old spice, blue stratoss, brut, brut aquatonic and denim. No hai karate these days though. :-(

I still like ckone as well.

Edited by stez

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Folks, can anyone recommend subtle but classy aftershaves? I've been trying quite a few recently, CK seems to suit me...

Are you looking for

- sweet

- citrus

- spicy, or 

- tobacco

You're heading into autumn, so a subtle spicy aftershave might be good. As you go in to winter it is ok to wear something heavier.

Go to John Lewis and try some of the Tom Ford range.

47 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Folks, can anyone recommend subtle but classy aftershaves? I've been trying quite a few recently, CK seems to suit me...

Gucci pour home ii if you can find it.

ysl la nuit de l'homme

These are both great for this time of year. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Strangely enough I trawled back through this thread two weeks ago and got me some Dior sauvage, now your telling me I'm out of season?

FFS I new I should have gone for Mont Blanc but I got a free bag with the Dior.

Can you lend me some please Boosy for the smelly old dog that sits next to me ...    You know the one I mean !   ;)