Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

On 26/10/2019 at 11:38, Wymeswold fox said:

Do fragrances have an 'expiry date'?

Found some in a store cupboard that I received as a present around three years ago and still haven't used it yet.

I found some in the cupboard that was about 15 years old. Was like cat piss and took days to get the smell off my skin.. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are we all wearing these days?

My go to is Bleu De Chanel (EDP) still and also either Ultra Male by JPG or more recently I purchased D&G Light Blue but I'm not so keen on the latter.

Got my eye on Terre d'Hermès (Eau Intense Vetiver) but tried some Acqua di Parma samples recently and the Sandolo is outrageously good.

Anyone got any other recommendations?

3 hours ago, Frost said:

My go to is Bleu De Chanel (EDP) still and also either Ultra Male by JPG or more recently I purchased D&G Light Blue but I'm not so keen on the latter.

Got my eye on Terre d'Hermès (Eau Intense Vetiver) but tried some Acqua di Parma samples recently and the Sandolo is outrageously good.

I use ultra male (JPG) for an evening out and only the brave (Diesel) for casual wear. OTB is my fave, subtle, inoffensive and smells great.

3 hours ago, Frost said:

Still wearing Jean Paul Gauthier ‘Le male’ as I have done for the last 20 years (not the same bottle obvs)

Im sure there’s better stuff available but I still get the odd nice compliment. And I’m a creature of habit.

On 21/10/2019 at 01:15, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bought concrete by commes des garcons in Selfridge's in Birminnum in April and wouldn't be without it now, the best thing I've ever smelt, don't wear it day to day because it's so damn special baby !!!!

Still on this, THE GOAT scent imqho

8 hours ago, Frost said:

Givenchy gentleman is nice. 212 by Carolina Herrera is also pukka.

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

Zara - Vibrant Leather, unreal scent for the price.

Eden - they do a 'vegan' rip off of Creed Aventis, lasts ages and smells very good.

I wear Vibrant Leather day to day it’s class, lasts all day as well. I think I read somewhere that it’s a Creed rip off as well? 

Currently got a Lacoste on the go, as well as Gucci Guilty and Burberry Weekend. Probably the best selection I’ve had in a long time but still doesn’t beat the year I had Sauvage, Paul Smith and Chanel Bleu running side by side. 

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

Zara - Vibrant Leather, unreal scent for the price.

Eden - they do a 'vegan' rip off of Creed Aventis, lasts ages and smells very good.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I wear Vibrant Leather day to day it’s class, lasts all day as well. I think I read somewhere that it’s a Creed rip off as well? 

Currently got a Lacoste on the go, as well as Gucci Guilty and Burberry Weekend. Probably the best selection I’ve had in a long time but still doesn’t beat the year I had Sauvage, Paul Smith and Chanel Bleu running side by side. 

I have it too…. It’s a proper EDP too

I also have Creed Aventus and vibrant leather is a very unsubtle rip off…. 

it’s a fraction of the cost and a great day to day scent

My current favourite is an Yves Rocher scent - Hoggar- such a nice scent for not a lot

Can only find them on eBay as they’re a French company 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114363351303

• 3 months later...