Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Agree re the price though, I can’t afford to go out and spend £200 on aftershave at the minute.

The Virgin island water by them is incredible as well.

Yeah I love that stuff too. 

I use a website https://www.allbeauty.com/ a fair bit. Pretty good value as they are based in jersey and the delivery is free if I remember. I used to buy 120ml aventus from there for £125!

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I use a website https://www.allbeauty.com/ a fair bit. Pretty good value as they are based in jersey and the delivery is free if I remember. I used to buy 120ml aventus from there for £125!

Think I’ve used that site a few times, Wish it was that cheap now.

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I have over 20 edts, Mrs C is still searching for the one for which I'll have an allergic reaction.

My favourites are:

Jean Paul Gaultier l'homme

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

Givenchy Gentleman

Just in case you thought all retirees had to have Old Spice on tap.

This one?

image.jpeg.8e0f64a9df6958da3273ff0cf5cf8f20.jpeg

I've had this for Christmas for about the last 15 years :D

It always runs out around Christmas Eve - perfect timing, every year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

They have the Pharrell x Commes Des Garçon fragrance on here for £15 which is 1 of my favourites so I’ve had to stock up. 

On 03/01/2019 at 19:46, Izzy said:

This one?

image.jpeg.8e0f64a9df6958da3273ff0cf5cf8f20.jpeg

I've had this for Christmas for about the last 15 years :D

It always runs out around Christmas Eve - perfect timing, every year 

Had some for Christmas. I love it ! Not had any for about 10 yrs. Always gets nice comments. It's like being reacquainted with a long lost friend  ?

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I rarely wear cologne these days. Over here in Canada  a lot of offices have scent policies and ban you from wearing it.  Just use my roll on deodorant.  

Because of this i find that Im so sensitive to fragrances now that half a pump is just wayyyy to much for me. Only use when out at a wedding or something. Speedstick roll on otherwise.

With that said Ive had the same cologne for a decade or more.

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Roll on more like dole on EY guys !!!! Give me that sweet eau de parfam 24/7 !

Lol

All these bloody scent policies by bloody Human Resources are to blame.  Heck they even prefer if we can use non scented soaps. If they feel that strongly about it maybe they should buy the fukcer.   Wrong thread i know.

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol

All these bloody scent policies by bloody Human Resources are to blame.  Heck they even prefer if we can use non scented soaps. If they feel that strongly about it maybe they should buy the fukcer.   Wrong thread i know.

That’s weird that you can’t wear aftershave at work never heard that one. 

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That’s weird that you can’t wear aftershave at work never heard that one. 

I recently had a meeting at a clients office and on the e-mail calendar invite it said something like *We are a fragrance free environment. Please don't wear any after shave, perfume etc. on our premises*

I thought it was a bit odd so when I got there I asked what it was all about and apparently one of their women Directors has some sort of allergy so no one out of the 150 odd staff is allowed wear any fragrances to work (or any visitors)

Apparently in the summer when it gets hot they all honk of sweat and BO but that's O.K. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I recently had a meeting at a clients office and on the e-mail calendar invite it said something like *We are a fragrance free environment. Please don't wear any after shave, perfume etc. on our premises*

I thought it was a bit odd so when I got there I asked what it was all about and apparently one of their women Directors has some sort of allergy so no one out of the 150 odd staff is allowed wear any fragrances to work (or any visitors)

Apparently in the summer when it gets hot they all honk of sweat and BO but that's O.K. :rolleyes:

Yes its to do with allergies. The messed up part is the women in HR (i'd say 3 out of 5) as they pass by you the smell of fragranced soap or perhaps its cream hits you......and they are the policy makers telling everyone else...

Deodorant is fine (at least in my mind as its not too strong the one i use) usually but not that axe crap. No offense but I've got south asian DNA so if i don't wear any kind of deodorant then you would know all about me. Lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Do fragrances have an 'expiry date'?

Found some in a store cupboard that I received as a present around three years ago and still haven't used it yet.

Yes mate, it's normally between 10 days and 2 weeks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Found some in a store cupboard that I received as a present around three years ago and still haven't used it yet.

Cos I don't use aftershave much (I don't need to hide any nasty odours) I have aftershave that I've had since the early 1990s.

They seem fine still.

On 03/01/2019 at 19:35, Unabomber said:

See my post above and thank me later…. I have a small bottle of the real Creed stuff too and the Zara copy is outstanding 

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yes and no. After time they do lose abit of their kick but are still fine to use, especially if they have been kept in the box and out of the sunlight. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah already have that. It’s good and smells like aventus but lasts about 10 minutes and has no sillage hence the price.

ok…. Lasts a little longer on me I’d say

bizzarely Dermot O’Leary bergamot from M&S does a passable impression…. Good for an everyday scent 

I leave the real thing for high days and holidays!