Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BrummieFOX

Your favourite (non-Leicester related) football chant/song.

Can't believe no has mentioned, 'Mauled by the Tigers' yet. Sends chills.

Goodnight Irene is great.

Also quite like Villa's, "Yippi aye aayy, yippi aye oohhh, Holte Enders in the sky!"

Can't stand that.

Bristol Rovers did a great job of Goodnight Irene when they came here in 2009.

This.

My single best memory of opposing fans singing dates back to the 1991-92 season. I ended up living and working in Plymouth for a year, so I spent a year attending Argyle home matches.

The only away match that I went to was an FA Cup tie in Bath, where Bristol Rovers were playing at the time. It was as close to a local derby as either team had that season. Both teams were struggling at the bottom of what is now the Championship (Argyle went down, can't remember about the Pirates).

Rovers played really well, Argyle utter shite. Rovers steam-rollered them 5-0 and one of their strikers scored a hat-trick. I remember walking out at the end of the match, in the half-dark beneath just the light of Bath's non-league-standard floodlights, with what seemed like every single Rovers fan singing "Goodnight, Irene" in harmony. Very moving at the time - even the memory is now.

Going on the piss with George best and Late in May in 1999 are two greats by United

They're undoubtedly the best in England at coming up with unique chants. I read somewhere that they have one bloke who is responsible for the majority of their new ones. I love 'Late in May...'.

They also have a huge songbook with loads of classics from the 80's/90's. I always notice when they're 2/3 goals up at home, they bring out the old ones and start singing about Cantona, George Best, Solskjaer (sp) etc. 

They're undoubtedly the best in England at coming up with unique chants. I read somewhere that they have one bloke who is responsible for the majority of their new ones. I love 'Late in May...'.

They also have a huge songbook with loads of classics from the 80's/90's. I always notice when they're 2/3 goals up at home, they bring out the old ones and start singing about Cantona, George Best, Solskjaer (sp) etc. 

Yeah, the guy's name's Pete Boyle. Basically he comes up with a chant and every clued-up United fan learns it in time for the next game.

Anyway, one from Greece. Panathanaikos - Horto Magiko (Magic Weed). About how their team is their drug.

Yeah gotta be honest, for as long as I've been going to Wales games (a long time) it's disappointed me that we go from being pretty much the best rugby fans in the world (bite me, Ireland) to about the worst in the football.

It doesn't help that a lot of the Cardiff lads want to actively distance themselves from the rugby. But cmon, how fantastic would thirty or forty thousand Welsh lads in the Stade De France belting out Bread of Heaven whilst five nil down to Spain be?

This.

My single best memory of opposing fans singing dates back to the 1991-92 season. I ended up living and working in Plymouth for a year, so I spent a year attending Argyle home matches.

The only away match that I went to was an FA Cup tie in Bath, where Bristol Rovers were playing at the time. It was as close to a local derby as either team had that season. Both teams were struggling at the bottom of what is now the Championship (Argyle went down, can't remember about the Pirates).

Rovers played really well, Argyle utter shite. Rovers steam-rollered them 5-0 and one of their strikers scored a hat-trick. I remember walking out at the end of the match, in the half-dark beneath just the light of Bath's non-league-standard floodlights, with what seemed like every single Rovers fan singing "Goodnight, Irene" in harmony. Very moving at the time - even the memory is now.

ive been in loads of bristol rovers away ends and think it is pretty much the perfect song. they don't over use it, but it can be sang any time in the game (rather than just before/at the end like YNWA etc). there's a long version and everyone knows the words to it, knows the pace and knows how to sing it. ive been in their ends of 3000 or so winning at sheffield wednesday, and ive been in there ends with about 80 odd losing at tranmere or accrington and it sounds the same every time, win lose or draw. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

Man United fans were class at Derby last night, pretty much non stop signing all match. They've got such a variation of chants, and they've got some real good songs.

Archived