Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

FA Cup 4th Round - Colchester v LCFC/Spurs

No, we've played at their new ground before. Tuesday night game.

Used to live in Colchester so fancy this if we get through. New ground is probably my most hated lower league venue though. Miles from anywhere and nowt to it.

Yeah Dyer scored for sure in that game. Andy King played centre midfield, obviously. 

Yeah Dyer scored for sure in that game. Andy King played centre midfield, obviously. 

Yep dyer 1-0 on a tuesday night, this could be a nightmare if we get there this time tho, they run a park and ride style system from near the station to the ground, but we got left at the ground last time as they didn't run enough buses.

Had to get a lift back to the station after. and I can't remember how many were there but probably no more than 500 in our end, potential for chaos if we take 2k, it takes for ever to get away from the ground as well, unless it's changed, pretty much 2 roads in and 2 roads out. 1 onto the A12 going the wrong way for anyone trying to get home to Leicester.

Pleased with the draw. I think we did well because Chelsea were realistically the only 'better' team in there.

Hope we beat Spurs now because we should be beating Colchester. Finding ourselves in the 5th round would be lovely (and hopefully this time not messing up). But, one step at a time, Spurs will be tough.

Yep dyer 1-0 on a tuesday night, this could be a nightmare if we get there this time tho, they run a park and ride style system from near the station to the ground, but we got left at the ground last time as they didn't run enough buses.

Had to get a lift back to the station after. and I can't remember how many were there but probably no more than 500 in our end, potential for chaos if we take 2k, it takes for ever to get away from the ground as well, unless it's changed, pretty much 2 roads in and 2 roads out. 1 onto the A12 going the wrong way for anyone trying to get home to Leicester.

It's about a 35 minute walk to the station for a person who can walk at a reasonable pace. Not great if it's raining, but not the end of the World. Also the road system has been developed since.

Just need to get there now...

No, we've played at their new ground before. Tuesday night game.

Used to live in Colchester so fancy this if we get through. New ground is probably my most hated lower league venue though. Miles from anywhere and nowt to it.

Just googled mapped it. Oh my word. I knew it looked soulless but that is absolutely pitiful. It's Brighton-bad.

Just googled mapped it. Oh my word. I knew it looked soulless but that is absolutely pitiful. It's Brighton-bad.

Yep. Think their average attendance has actually fallen as a result of the move, or certainly did for the first couple of seasons. Town's the other way from the station too, which is a shame coz there are a few decent boozers about.

Yep. Think their average attendance has actually fallen as a result of the move, or certainly did for the first couple of seasons. Town's the other way from the station too, which is a shame coz there are a few decent boozers about.

Whole situation just looks a shame really. I remember when we had these when they had that ridiculous winning run at home (which we somehow ended), even my non football fan Grandad said something to me about their home atmosphere being good lol now it looks like they play at one of the most dead grounds in the country. You can see why given that location. Absolutely hideous. At least you can say that our ground is quite well located. This one's firmly in the Brighton, Doncaster and Coventry category.

I will go if we get through but bloody hell I've not got the highest of hopes for it.

It's about a 35 minute walk to the station for a person who can walk at a reasonable pace. Not great if it's raining, but not the end of the World. Also the road system has been developed since.

Just need to get there now...

To be honest mate, it was nearly 10 pm and we had 2 kids with us at the time, not a fun walk.

Would be interesting to see what they have done as when I went you had 1 road back towards the main drag and 1 exit onto the a12, but like i say going the wrong way, would take this as an away if we make it through tho.

But only as I can stay in Mistley so it's a good trip for me.

To be honest mate, it was nearly 10 pm and we had 2 kids with us at the time, not a fun walk.

Would be interesting to see what they have done as when I went you had 1 road back towards the main drag and 1 exit onto the a12, but like i say going the wrong way, would take this as an away if we make it through tho.

But only as I can stay in Mistley so it's a good trip for me.

Looks like the A12 junction also has an Eastbound exit now to take you up to the A14, judging from Google Maps.

as I said obviously gonna be on tele. get used to it, we're a big draw these days. we're a story and a half, we play good football and we might just be a champions league team soon. everyone will want to see us play and sky and bt are fully aware of that.

Archived