Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

I understand the reasons for the protest but personally wish it wasn't happening in this form. I want the boys to have 100% backing from the first whistle in what is one of our biggest ever football matches.

Completely agree I for one will not be missing the first 5 minutes.....40 years plus I have waited for this moment and there are many better ways to make the same point!

The protesters are going to look like a proper bunch of cheapskates staging a 5 min boycot over a £26 ticket.

It's not over that , but it's easy to see how it is

Even the spokesperson banged on about ticket prices !

Whole protest compromised now

sky will make sure it's recognised as a ticket price issue and will tell everyone it's a £26 ticket !

All the papers lumping it together !

Hope there's a big banner towards Sky.

That's the only protest we needed and a few nasty chants And move on

The primary reason for the protest is obviously the lack of notice given for moving the fixture but the ticket price debate is a handy thing to piggy back on in terms of media coverage. It doesn't really matter that this particular game is £26. That debate isn't about one game, it's about long-term contempt towards supporters. Palace in a few weeks is £40.

It's up to the individual though if they want to protest or not. Either way, let's create a great atmosphere once the end is full. A few thousand missing for the first five minutes won't be decisive. These players would give 100% with the stadium empty.

The primary reason for the protest is obviously the lack of notice given for moving the fixture but the ticket price debate is a handy thing to piggy back on in terms of media coverage. It doesn't really matter that this particular game is £26. That debate isn't about one game, it's about long-term contempt towards supporters. Palace in a few weeks is £40.

It's up to the individual though if they want to protest or not. Either way, let's create a great atmosphere once the end is full. A few thousand missing for the first five minutes won't be decisive. These players would give 100% with the stadium empty.

Not one single other fan group has left thier players unsupported for the start of a game

A huge game

Think everyone is happy to protest in some form we are nearly all pissed at the change

But Not everyone is happy at this stupid timing for this particular protest

Poorly thought out with a lack of respect for the majority by a minority

There will not be thousands missing ....tens I would imagine.....I think Wes and the boys need our full support from the 1st minute.....a banner, cancel your Sky subscription, start a national petition for football followers, start a Facebook group ...that would work better than a few fans missing the first 5 minutes which Sky are hardly going to draw attention too!!

Not one single other fan group has left thier players unsupported for the start of a game

A huge game

Think everyone is happy to protest in some form we are nearly all pissed at the change

Apart from Bayern Munich?

And with respect, you're one person - not a majority. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

I do think just bombarding the stadium with banners would have been the better option, get the banners as low down/near to the front as possible so cameras would struggle to not show them.

Obvously this would have needed planning alot earlier and would cost though.

Of course those plans may be in place, can Union FS comment on that? I'd imagine the banner that was help up at the home game a few weeks ago will be making an appearance? Will others?

Apart from Bayern Munich?

And with respect, you're one person - not a majority. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

I think if you look at the locked thread the majority were against this !

Sunday will tell us !

I think I'm about 1-10 right ;)

At a guess I would propose the Foxes Trust got in touch with Union FS to fund a banner stating the issue of fixture changes rather than the media bandwagon reports of ticket price increases.

If so this would get the message across and all supporters could watch the whole game. 

Still pissed off that I can't go now though.

I was really anti it now I'm stuck In a horrid place

1 I really can't see how we are helping the players sitting out the first 5 mins , the players are running out arguably to their biggest game this season so far and there will be NO chants of note to welcome them and support them , that seems so so wrong to me and I don't like the thought of them going unsupported

2 I now feel slightly obliged to stand with my fellow foxes so that it doesn't fail and as such makes us look disjointed and a bunch of tits

This really is a mental horror now ! Great work on the media side but the reality is its a terrible time the start of the game to do a 5 min walk out or any protest

oh what to do !

The players would do well to note why we're doing this and not give up because we're not there for 5 minutes.

As it happens I'm pretty sure the players will be well aware of why it is happening and will probably be focusing on the match, not the crowd.

It's 5 minutes FFS.

This is a shambles; ill thought out and prepare for failure and an element of ridicule!I would suggest to salvage some credibility a press statement is released via your preferred source stating that due to mixed/wrong messages in some press reports and out of respect for the players in such a massive game we have decided to postpone our protest etc etc. Maybe save face and get further good publicity? Just a suggestion.

Massive anti sky banners behind the goals was the way to go. Instead we have an incredibly well publicised protest that the majority won't join as only a select few decided amongst themselves what should happen. And the idea, in this particular game, is dreadful.

I think all supporters need to do something and protest is absolutely right but the form and timing is dreadful.

Unless 15,000 arsenal fans are taking part it means nothing. Even then, the club's have our money, it's too late. Supporters clubs from across the country need top stage a coordinated non-attendance, not just part of a game, all of a game. If every premier league match on the first day of the season was missing 10,000 fans THAT would see change. A few away fans walking in five minutes late won't.

A huge game

Stupid timing? When else could they have done it when the protest is about this particular match???

If it's a minority then it won't be a problem for people like you who are against it. If it's a majority then the point will be made.

Massive anti sky banners behind the goals was the way to go. Instead we have an incredibly well publicised protest that the majority won't join as only a select few decided amongst themselves what should happen. And the idea, in this particular game, is dreadful.

I think all supporters need to do something and protest is absolutely right but the form and timing is dreadful.

Unless 15,000 arsenal fans are taking part it means nothing. Even then, the club's have our money, it's too late. Supporters clubs from across the country need top stage a coordinated non-attendance, not just part of a game, all of a game. If every premier league match on the first day of the season was missing 10,000 fans THAT would see change. A few away fans walking in five minutes late won't.

It's not the clubs' decision to move the kick off late, so them having our money or not is irrelevant. This isn't about ticket prices. That's a separate issue and a separate debate.

As above, please explain how the timing could have been any different? The protest is about THIS PARTICULAR MATCH. Therefore the protest has to be at that match.

People won't notice anti-Sky banners as  much. There's no guarantee they'd be in camera shot, legible or even allowed into the ground.

Loads of empty seats for such a huge game, albeit for only a few minutes, makes a much bigger statement. It will be very noticeable if people get on board with it.

The idea isn't the problem. It's the apathetic majority who are the problem. A 5 minute boycott is necessary because a full scale 90 minute boycott is impossible in England at this stage.

It's not the clubs' decision to move the kick off late, so them having our money or not is irrelevant. This isn't about ticket prices. That's a separate issue and a separate debate.

As above, please explain how the timing could have been any different? The protest is about THIS PARTICULAR MATCH. Therefore the protest has to be at that match.

People won't notice anti-Sky banners as much. There's no guarantee they'd be in camera shot, legible or even allowed into the ground.

Loads of empty seats for such a huge game, albeit for only a few minutes, makes a much bigger statement. It will be very noticeable if people get on board with it.

The idea isn't the problem. It's the apathetic majority who are the problem. A 5 minute boycott is necessary because a full scale 90 minute boycott is impossible in England at this stage.

And 1,000 empty seats will be more noticeable? Anyone who's going to watch from the start will just walk up to the front of the away section.

People won't notice anti-Sky banners as  much. There's no guarantee they'd be in camera shot, legible or even allowed into the ground.

As you stated its individual choice......apathetic majority are actually stating its not the way to do it....go ahead be the silent few which will go unnoticed but if you think Sky are going to note a few of you not being in the seats and highlight it then you are sadly misled.

Better ways to make the point ...we are all unhappy about the fixture switch but OUR club needs my support on Sunday and I am sure the vast majority will be there at noon singing out loud for the boys in probably one of the biggest games in the clubs 132 year history!!

Kitch- how are a few away fans upon the gods going to be more noticeable than big banners in the areas that cameras work the most? Bollocks. If your targeting sky for just one game then it needs to stand out in a way their cameras can't avoid.

I'm not having a go at the idea of protest and I'm well aware of why the protest is occurring but to be successful it needs to link to the overall concerns about money, abuse of fans and the Liverpool protest. It needs to be about the whole kaboodle. On its own one match being moved for sky with some unhappy fans isn't going to win hearts, minds or concessions. If you're going to protest about this game on sky it needs to be more noticeable than it sounds and could have been done differently, that's all my point is.

Stupid timing? When else could they have done it when the protest is about this particular match???

If it's a minority then it won't be a problem for people like you who are against it. If it's a majority then the point will be made.

We all stay outside the ground till 11.45

We buy no food or drink a kiosks

We unfurl a huge anti sky banner banner

And above all well all cancel sky !

It will be a minority but I'm not comfortable with that !

I hope Union FS stand up and give us all a good case for not taking our seats

Archived