Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

Stupid timing? When else could they have done it when the protest is about this particular match???

If it's a minority then it won't be a problem for people like you who are against it. If it's a majority then the point will be made.

How many are you expecting to take part then Kitch?

Do you think Sky will publicise what's happening and why?

Do you not think that this irritating yet minor issue in comparison to a major and very real one like ticket pricing makes us look a little precious and petty?

Massive anti sky banners behind the goals was the way to go. Instead we have an incredibly well publicised protest that the majority won't join as only a select few decided amongst themselves what should happen. And the idea, in this particular game, is dreadful.

I think all supporters need to do something and protest is absolutely right but the form and timing is dreadful.

Unless 15,000 arsenal fans are taking part it means nothing. Even then, the club's have our money, it's too late. Supporters clubs from across the country need top stage a coordinated non-attendance, not just part of a game, all of a game. If every premier league match on the first day of the season was missing 10,000 fans THAT would see change. A few away fans walking in five minutes late won't.

But it's a start.........................I'm spartacus!

I'm going to the Arsenal away game, it will be the first away game I go to all season, only been to home games. I will be there from the first second of the match, I won't protest, forget all that, it was a problem at Liverpool, not us. Lets make a huge noise and give the boys huge support and drown out the silent Arsenal tourists. 

I'm going to the Arsenal away game, it will be the first away game I go to all season, only been to home games. I will be there from the first second of the match, I won't protest, forget all that, it was a problem at Liverpool, not us. Lets make a huge noise and give the boys huge support and drown out the silent Arsenal tourists.

Totally agree , but you will get hung in next few posts I suspect lol

Things will never change in England when the majority of fans have the -

• 'I'm alright Jack attitude'.

• Scoff at anyone trying to improve situstions for others.

• Not actually read what the protest is about

•Have such a weak and soft mentality that 'nothing will change so thats ok'.

•Fear of working collectively.

Sad to see our fans calling out Union FS on here and other social media platforms. The almost blanket outrage that was out there when the game was moved seems to have petered out into 'oh lets get shafted again'.

As has already been mentioned numerous times it's a different argument/protest to the Liverpool/ticket price one.

I didn't get a ticket for this game but if I was going woul find it difficult to decide wether to stay out or not. Sitting here at home I would say I'd stay out and protest as its only 5 minutes, but completely understand that some people will want to be in for the start.

For what it's worth I don't think matches shouldn't be moved for tv once match day tickets go on sale.

Things will never change in England when the majority of fans have the -

• 'I'm alright Jack attitude'.

• Scoff at anyone trying to improve situstions for others.

• Not actually read what the protest is about

•Have such a weak and soft mentality that 'nothing will change so thats ok'.

•Fear of working collectively.

Sad to see our fans calling out Union FS on here and other social media platforms. The almost blanket outrage that was out there when the game was moved seems to have petered out into 'oh lets get shafted again'.

Come on , I love what Union FS have achieved in the ground

But I don't see where they are mandated to represent the majority ?

Maybe for future reference we should have a POLL on here befire taking any action like this

I'm hoping Union FS get amongst us tomorrow and get feed back and listen as well as try convince

I'm still quite uncomfortable about letting Union FS and other fans down by ignoring the protest

It's going to be a hard call this one

Come on , I love what Union FS have achieved in the ground

But I don't see where they are mandated to represent the majority ?

Maybe for future reference we should have a POLL on here befire taking any action like this

I'm hoping Union FS get amongst us tomorrow and get feed back and listen as well as try convince

I'm still quite uncomfortable about letting Union FS and other fans down by ignoring the protest

It's going to be a hard call this one

Why are you so obsessed with this?

Because its against my unionist principles to cross a protest line and that's what's eating me up inside

And because I love my club I feel not being there for the team in the first 5 mins is against the unwritten rules of being a loyal supporter !

I feel passionately that no one should have been put in this situation without consensus of some sort !

Do I ignore the protest and potentially bring ridicule on our fan base becuase it's a damp squid of a protest ?

Or do I ignore the team for 5 mins and break my principles of being a loyal supporter ?

Yes I'm obsessed .........because I care !

Interesting we still have no Poll on it ! , wonder why ?

Because its against my unionist principles to cross a protest line and that's what's eating me up inside

And because I love my club I feel not being there for the team in the first 5 mins is against the unwritten rules of being a loyal supporter !

I feel passionately that no one should have been put in this situation without consensus of some sort !

Do I ignore the protest and potentially bring ridicule on our fan base becuase it's a damp squid of a protest ?

Or do I ignore the team for 5 mins and break my principles of being a loyal supporter ?

Yes I'm obsessed .........because I care !

Interesting we still have no Poll on it ! , wonder why ?

There was no way Union FS could have polled our entire fan base. Foxestalk wouldn't have even been the right place for it as more people on here are probably not going than going.

They posted on Facebook asking how people were affected before any mention of a protest and from the replies on there it was obvious this had affected a lot of people and cost a lot of people money. That's when the decision was made to try and do something about it.

You have said a few times now that if not enough people do it it will be a damp squib but all you have to do is look back a page or two for a post from C-Man that lists all the national newspapers and radio stations that this has already attracted, I would hardly call that a failure.

My prediction is 100 people will stay in the concourse, which is all that will be needed for a picture of them to go viral on social media and to be picked up by a few more big papers. (I'm sure the 2900 in the away end can make up for a hundred or so missing fans!)

At the end of the day we ALL want what's best for the fans and the team and I just hope boycotters and non boycotters just respect each other's decisions.

Why are you so obnoxious and petty with your silly one liners.DOC, myself and others have made opinions clear over many posts what we are uncomfortable about and why, you have resorted to petty comments like me not going and why he's obsessed. I too have been a union membwr for over 30 years but that does not mean I would support or follow actions blindly.

Not listening to concerns and acting like a schoolground bully does not make you right. Do not expect support if you are not prepared to reasonably debate or answer concerns from people who raise them.Many have stated they understand the principle yet do not agree with nature timming of action? The responses have been primarily lame and confrontational....way to go in winning support!

Why are you so obnoxious and petty with your silly one liners.DOC, myself and others have made opinions clear over many posts what we are uncomfortable about and why, you have resorted to petty comments like me not going and why he's obsessed. I too have been a union membwr for over 30 years but that does not mean I would support or follow actions blindly.

Not listening to concerns and acting like a schoolground bully does not make you right. Do not expect support if you are not prepared to reasonably debate or answer concerns from people who raise them.Many have stated they understand the principle yet do not agree with nature timming of action? The responses have been primarily lame and confrontational....way to go in winning support!

So I take it you have read all the statements released by Union FS over this? Or are you just getting your facts from Foxestalk?

Don't see why the protest could not have involved everyone holding up some kind of message on an A4 sheet throughout the entirety of the game. Means that everyone can get behind the boys and support the team, see what they've paid for, whilst ensuring that the message gets across to the TV audience during corner kicks in that area of the ground, goals, etc.

People will argue cost, etc. but those willing to back the protests could have printed a pre-agreed message in a specific format at home. This would have allowed those who want to engage to make that decision themselves rather than being forced to comply by either doing something which they don't truly believe in or left to feel isolated by their fellow fans because they chose to not take action / protest in their own way.

Even if the broadcaster flatly refused to screen the protests (which is still a possibility with the proposed protest) the other media outlets would have jumped on it and given the exposure needed to get the point across.

I agree that something needed to be done, as the broadcaster's actions are unacceptable, but more thought and consultation should have gone into any proposed action.

There was no way Union FS could have polled our entire fan base. Foxestalk wouldn't have even been the right place for it as more people on here are probably not going than going.

They posted on Facebook asking how people were affected before any mention of a protest and from the replies on there it was obvious this had affected a lot of people and cost a lot of people money. That's when the decision was made to try and do something about it.

You have said a few times now that if not enough people do it it will be a damp squib but all you have to do is look back a page or two for a post from C-Man that lists all the national newspapers and radio stations that this has already attracted, I would hardly call that a failure.

My prediction is 100 people will stay in the concourse, which is all that will be needed for a picture of them to go viral on social media and to be picked up by a few more big papers. (I'm sure the 2900 in the away end can make up for a hundred or so missing fans!)

At the end of the day we ALL want what's best for the fans and the team and I just hope boycotters and non boycotters just respect each other's decisions.

This isn't about the 3000 there on Sunday !

This is about our club !

How bloody arrogant to think that this doesn't effect or matter to the 30000 that go week in week out !

Everyone should have had a say

It's called democracy !

This isn't about the 3000 there on Sunday !

This is about our club !

How bloody arrogant to think that this doesn't effect or matter to the 30000 that go week in week out !

Everyone should have had a say

It's called democracy !

Clearly asking all 27000 Leicester fans who are at a home game if they will boycott the first 5 minutes of Arsenal would have been pointless?

Anyway, I've had my say.

Won't be posting again

Clearly asking all 27000 Leicester fans who are at a home game if they will boycott the first 5 minutes of Arsenal would have been pointless?

Anyway, I've had my say.

Won't be posting again

Out of respect I have decided I have had my say too

Thank you for contributing

It's my last post on this !

Archived