Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

Was in the home end and first half you sounded pretty decent

Once Simpson got sent off it went quiet as I'm sure everyone knew what was going to happen eventually

For the second year running it was apparent that different songs were being sung even though it isn't that big an away section so there must be something strange with the acustics

1st half was OK. But neither side of the away blocks seemed able to be actually singing the same song at the same time.

We only seem to do about 1 rendition of each song then it just dies off. Meaning we don't get the whole end singing at once.

As soon as the red came out it just died.

I remember once at filbert st being 3 down to Liverpool and a non stop last 20 mins of Leicester, Leicester, Leicester

That's how you get a noise. By continuing for more than about 30 seconds.

Was in the home end and first half you sounded pretty decent

Once Simpson got sent off it went quiet as I'm sure everyone knew what was going to happen eventually

For the second year running it was apparent that different songs were being sung even though it isn't that big an away section so there must be something strange with the acustics

Personally think along with the Etihad, it is the worst stadium for atmosphere and singing. We were on the right of our fans underneath where Lineker was sitting and when I looked over to the left side nearer the goal, although they were singing, the noise just drifted away. Plus there were several pockets of fan singing their own songs, so nothing really in unison.

Might have been several factors, the early midday Sunday start, the late entry from some of our more vocal fans, the apprehension in the air that was tangible after the sending off, plus the soulless concrete stadium. I think if we had been losing we would have been louder.

You can see why Arsenal don't have as strong a home record as the should have as teams like Barcelona would have no fears about playing there, it's hardly the Anfield of the 70/80's or Maine Road in those days which was very intimidating.

Sorry Dan but that's Bollocks. People were ****ed off when it was announced but could also see the bigger picture in that Arsenal away when you're top of the league is neither the time or the place for a protest that ultimately will be ignored by sky. The only people who may have suffered if it had taken off would have been the players. The first 5 minutes were bad enough.

this

Happy to sympathise with any opinion that the logistics of the protest could have been better - I agree looking back. Obviously these things come with experience/more time for preparation.

Anyone suggesting that it wasn't the right time to make a stand is absolutely daft though.

Happy to sympathise with any opinion that the logistics of the protest could have been better - I agree looking back. Obviously these things come with experience/more time for preparation.

Anyone suggesting that it wasn't the right time to make a stand is absolutely daft though.

Exactly, how can you justify protesting against an away game being moved at late notice, at a 3pm home game  lol

1st half was OK. But neither side of the away blocks seemed able to be actually singing the same song at the same time.

We only seem to do about 1 rendition of each song then it just dies off. Meaning we don't get the whole end singing at once.

As soon as the red came out it just died.

I remember once at filbert st being 3 down to Liverpool and a non stop last 20 mins of Leicester, Leicester, Leicester

That's how you get a noise. By continuing for more than about 30 seconds.

I'm no lover of the song but the loudest away end we've had all season was Hull - left side / right side. That was going for a solid ten minutes and it was absolutely deafening lol it's so true though.

Our away support is all over the place these days and I can't get my head around why. Villa was the one I couldn't believe. 3,000 sold out, just won at Spurs, 5:30 so more drinking, and barely a peep. I honestly don't get it. It's dreadful.

I'm no lover of the song but the loudest away end we've had all season was Hull - left side / right side. That was going for a solid ten minutes and it was absolutely deafening lol it's so true though.

Our away support is all over the place these days and I can't get my head around why. Villa was the one I couldn't believe. 3,000 sold out, just won at Spurs, 5:30 so more drinking, and barely a peep. I honestly don't get it. It's dreadful.

I actually quite enjoyed hull away this year, was one of the better ones so far this season and as you said that left side right side was amazing that game. I agree about our away support. Songs need to go on for longer and a lot slower so everyone can join in at once.

I don't know how but I saw loads of people yesterday who I know 100% haven't got any priority at all. They hardly go to any homes games let alone away games.

They've got tickets somehow and they are stopping genuine Leicester fans from getting tickets. One of the lads who I knew isn't even a Leicester fan he supports Arsenal but is in our away end.

There was to many people yesterday just interested in taking photos and videos instead of singing and getting behind the lads. We are witnessing one of our best ever seasons and our away support is getting worse week by week.

I have a few mates who support Sheffield Wednesday who I was watching the game with at the pub yesterday. All they kept doing was ripping into me about our away support. "If this was Wednesday and we'd just gone one up at Arsenal we wouldn't stop bouncing all game not just sitting there" as much as I wanted to say stuff back I couldn't because I knew it was true lol

I actually quite enjoyed hull away this year, was one of the better ones so far this season and as you said that left side right side was amazing that game. I agree about our away support. Songs need to go on for longer and a lot slower so everyone can join in at once.

I have a theory

I think atmosphere away is suffering because the higher amount of little ones traveling and priorty regulars ticket trading for point collecting reasons , think this leads to large pockets of fans who aren't clued up on prevalent chants

I might be wrong but it's a thought

My Arsenal mate thought we were amazing and he hadn't missed a game there in 15 years and He is usually a miserable git

I thought it was average but not poor

I have a few mates who support Sheffield Wednesday who I was watching the game with at the pub yesterday. All they kept doing was ripping into me about our away support. "If this was Wednesday and we'd just gone one up at Arsenal we wouldn't stop bouncing all game not just sitting there" as much as I wanted to say stuff back I couldn't because I knew it was true lol

No one was sitting ?

I don't know how but I saw loads of people yesterday who I know 100% haven't got any priority at all. They hardly go to any homes games let alone away games.

They've got tickets somehow and they are stopping genuine Leicester fans from getting tickets. One of the lads who I knew isn't even a Leicester fan he supports Arsenal but is in our away end.

There was to many people yesterday just interested in taking photos and videos instead of singing and getting behind the lads. We are witnessing one of our best ever seasons and our away support is getting worse week by week.

I take you back to the discussion we had when they sold out in the Arsenal ticket thread, look I don't wanna bring the discussion back up, whats done is done, I managed to get a ticket so it all ended well (Apart from the result).

Was I right with my points in that thread? I think I was, and you've back my point up with the comments you've just made.

In my original comments I mentioned that there were fans of other teams that I know were going that had gained priority of other people.

To many daytrippers yesterday, NOT what i'd called P1's, 2's or a few hundered 3's.

As an oldie , my suggestion is ban mobile phones ! I posted about 4 years ago how I was amazed at Norwich away, that youngsters In our support were busy texting on their phones during the game, some joining in with the start of a song but not bothering to sing to the end as they missed their precious little screen too much! Of course, it's now a thousand times worse and all ages do it - all clubs' fans are the same.

Bring the good old days!

Also it was a nerve wracking game we spent lots of time under the kosh

It's hard to sing and chant under That engrossing pressure and play.

Poster above hit nail on head week by week it's struggling but week by week the pressure and and the agony grows

Maybe we need to organise a bit more ?

Upper level man city was decent

Watford next away day lets hope extra beers get us rolling lol

As an oldie , my suggestion is ban mobile phones ! I posted about 4 years ago how I was amazed at Norwich away, that youngsters In our support were busy texting on their phones during the game, some joining in with the start of a song but not bothering to sing to the end as they missed their precious little screen too much! Of course, it's now a thousand times worse and all ages do it - all clubs' fans are the same.

Bring the good old days!

Great shout !

Don't buy the "nerve-wracking game" excuse I'm afraid. In times like that you sing louder to will your team on, or at least make some noise of encouragement. For vast parts of the game only 5% of the end was singing.

As I said in the other thread, Vardy physically had to gee our away end up twice. He obviously thought our support was bad when they needed us the most.

Don't buy the "nerve-wracking game" excuse I'm afraid. In times like that you sing louder to will your team on, or at least make some noise of encouragement. For vast parts of the game only 5% of the end was singing.

As I said in the other thread, Vardy physically had to gee our away end up twice. He obviously thought our support was bad when they needed us the most.

I noticed Vardy do that, and it got a little roar of support but nothing that lasted any longer than half a minute.

The team needed us yesterday to get behind them and sing our hearts out. Unfortunately we let them down.

There's some sort of scam going on, i'm sure of it.

A couple of points then, as posted further up someone said a lot were there who weren't P1,2's, leading onto those STH selling on the tickets, this happens more and more and is probably why the singing is less as they're not regulars, so how do you change this as I can't see a way.

As I said last night, pockets were singing different songs or the same song in a different line at once.

All of those saying it was awful, try singing louder or encouraging more to join in, it doesn't help though when new songs are being sung by a few at games, stick to ones everyone knows. The Stamford bridge song was going well at the Etihad, yet yesterday it sounded like it had originated at the Emirates, is this because of my first point above?

How about someone at the front, no need for a mega horn but like Europeans facing the crowd and getting songs going?

I still say it was also to do with the area, far too long from one side to the other to get a song going all through, oh and finally sing a song for more than a minute, keep singing it over and over instead of going into something else.

You say Vardy thought it was bad when they needed us most, by then Arsenal were attacking constantly, their fans were loud, we had 3K, meaning 57K gunners, I know not all sing but we were out numbered big time so you will always be drowned out there. The north bank were on their feet all around, all game so they're going to generate more noise than the small section we were in.

If you say it was awful (not directly at voll Blau), try and come up with ways of improving it instead of blaming everyone but yourself.

Sad that it's been so poor this year. Despite doing so well on the field, in the stands it's been the worst it's been for a number of years

Off the top of my head, only decent games were WBA and Norwich away of those i've been to.

Went to both the Etihad and the Emerites and thought we were poor at both.

There were loads of people at the Arsenal game who didn't really look like regulars, let alone priority 1.

Although tbh we have to recognise that we just have loads of older fans who are priority 1, go to all the games and don't really like singing.

Archived