Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

For anybody who had any confrontation, it's worth mentioning that I encountered no issues when handing out leaflets and actually there were many people who were very receptive to us, from both sets of fans. A few were quite dismissive which I was expecting but on the whole it went well.

Not everyone will agree with the methods but it was good to get some support.

For anybody who had any confrontation, it's worth mentioning that I encountered no issues when handing out leaflets and actually there were many people who were very receptive to us, from both sets of fans. A few were quite dismissive which I was expecting but on the whole it went well.

Not everyone will agree with the methods but it was good to get some support.

I was anti it but only the timing and the action

But I very much respect your efforts

Union FS have made a huge contribution to the last 12 months fantastic run of results

Fair play to those who stayed in the concourse but from where I was stood you couldn't tell. Although I joined in with the only anti-Sky song it was over after about half a minute. Didn't see any banners either which people mentioned.

I took a leaflet and had a word with those who were handing them out. So fair play to everyone involved.

Did I say u had one? I'm trying to be constructive and your trying to be a smart arse.

I'm just getting a bit weary of the assumption being made that everyone subscribes to Sky. Nowt "smart arsed" about my reply at all, just making a point that it's not a viable way for many to demonstrate against Sky.

Fair play to everyone who got involved in this yesterday.

Didn't notice a single bit of animosity from either side.

Credit where, credit is due, I feared the worse before hand but I saw no sign of any vitriol from either side.

I will say I was surprised by how few took part, I know my reasons for not taking part, but I was surprised more hadn't chosen to make a point, that's not a reflection on anyone's efforts tho, I just feel that with the magnitude of the game it was always a difficult call.

It's a shame we can't do something like Dortmund did with the ticket prices the other week, if we could manage to get 20 or 30k worth of tennis balls into the next live sky home game, causing the game to be halted for a period of time, it would draw mass media attention. 

Credit where, credit is due, I feared the worse before hand but I saw no sign of any vitriol from either side.

I will say I was surprised by how few took part, I know my reasons for not taking part, but I was surprised more hadn't chosen to make a point, that's not a reflection on anyone's efforts tho, I just feel that with the magnitude of the game it was always a difficult call.

It's a shame we can't do something like Dortmund did with the ticket prices the other week, if we could manage to get 20 or 30k worth of tennis balls into the next live sky home game, causing the game to be halted for a period of time, it would draw mass media attention. 

And unlike germany it'll probably give you all banning orders.

Good effort from those involved although the low numbers couldn't sum up the mentality of the English supporter more I'm afraid. You've only got to see the reaction when it got announced compared to what actually got done.

Sorry Dan but that's Bollocks. People were ****ed off when it was announced but could also see the bigger picture in that Arsenal away when you're top of the league is neither the time or the place for a protest that ultimately will be ignored by sky. The only people who may have suffered if it had taken off would have been the players. The first 5 minutes were bad enough.

Sorry Dan but that's Bollocks. People were ****ed off when it was announced but could also see the bigger picture in that Arsenal away when you're top of the league is neither the time or the place for a protest that ultimately will be ignored by sky. The only people who may have suffered if it had taken off would have been the players. The first 5 minutes were bad enough.

Ditto

Surely the bigger picture was the reason they protested? 

Beautiful levels of irony here. Bigger picture lol

Oh well, big respect to those that took part. They've tried.

Union FS will learn from the experience.

Beautiful levels of irony here. Bigger picture lol

Oh well, big respect to those that took part. They've tried.

Union FS will learn from the experience.

any pictures?

I would have joined in but sadly was not able to make it due to the change in kick off time.

Maybe a better protest for future references would be to do something like what Dortmund and Blackpool did and that's throw tennis balls. It stops the game and every one sees it.

Safe to say the response I got from giving out leaflets yesterday was very pleasing, people willing to acknowledge what the group had to say.

Having walked all around the Emirates I never saw anyone dishing these out.

Where were you stood, near the low barrier fencing or further out?

Having walked all around the Emirates I never saw anyone dishing these out.

Where were you stood, near the low barrier fencing or further out?

There were guys at both entrances to the away end, prior to the security check. Think everyone went into the concourse around 10-15 minutes before kick-off. Bound to have missed a few people out due to large numbers of people going through at the same time.

Safe to say the response I got from giving out leaflets yesterday was very pleasing, people willing to acknowledge what the group had to say.

Same. I didn't encounter any problems and I'm not even part of the group.

Good effort, shame more didn't take part but that's life.

If they saw the 'bigger picture' then they clearly weren't that pissed off by it in the first place. It is spot on what many have said time and time again. English fans will realise they're being shafted, they will moan about it and then when it all comes down to it, they will reluctantly accept it. It's been the way for nearly everything, time and time and time again, and it's why the fans are taken the piss out of - there is no incentive for them not to be.

If they saw the 'bigger picture' then they clearly weren't that pissed off by it in the first place. It is spot on what many have said time and time again. English fans will realise they're being shafted, they will moan about it and then when it all comes down to it, they will reluctantly accept it. It's been the way for nearly everything, time and time and time again, and it's why the fans are taken the piss out of - there is no incentive for them not to be.

I agree something needs to be done whether that is by protest or something else. It's fundamentally wrong what Sky get away with. When I say bigger picture, I mean specifically to yesterday's match in that the importance of the game and supporting the team from minute one far outweighed any benefit that could be achieved by protesting. Just wasn't the right place to do it imo.

I agree something needs to be done whether that is by protest or something else. It's fundamentally wrong what Sky get away with. When I say bigger picture, I mean specifically to yesterday's match in that the importance of the game and supporting the team from minute one far outweighed any benefit that could be achieved by protesting. Just wasn't the right place to do it imo.

Can I ask what else you'd have suggested for this? It was important to do it for this game because this is specifically the game which was affected. It wouldn't make as much sense to make a point about the issues we've had for this game with Sky moving it at such short notice when we're playing someone else.

Can I ask what else you'd have suggested for this? It was important to do it for this game because this is specifically the game which was affected. It wouldn't make as much sense to make a point about the issues we've had for this game with Sky moving it at such short notice when we're playing someone else.

3000 **** sky balloons

Wasn't there yesterday (Sky's doing) but I couldn't hear our fans on the TV a lot anyway.

Archived