Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

Went to both the Etihad and the Emerites and thought we were poor at both.

Etihad split over 3 tiers and top tier was bloody miles away.

Emirates all in one long corner, not really the same to compare.

Villa park another split over two tiers, clubs know what they're doing with this, that's why it's like that.

Etihad split over 3 tiers and top tier was bloody miles away.

Emirates all in one long corner, not really the same to compare.

Villa park another split over two tiers, clubs know what they're doing with this, that's why it's like that.

Not having any of those excuses. Even games such as Bournemouth away - saturday 3pm, close to the pitch, 1 tier and sold out at P1 was still poor.

There is some incredibly naive comments re away atmosphere and some precious billy big bollox ones too.

The priority system, demand and limited supply v demand will dictate that there is a varied mix of fans.

Are people suggesting these older non singing types or young kids are not welcome? If so how would you suggest this is implemented and more importantly why?

You're in your 60s like soup and sandwiches, don't sing and bounce around so you're not welcome is that it?

And before anyone starts I am in my 50s love to stand and sing and hardly missed a game away during 80s and into 90s, tickets were easier to come by cos not same demand primarily we were shite and it was less savoury going to away matches then.

The fan mix at aways then was more like what I believe you would like now ,mainly 16 to 40 year old and male but believe me there was certainly no vastly louder sustained singing until pivotal matches happened!

So this our end was poor comment that I see trotted out by, I would guess, mainly youngsters is a little short sighted seeing how tickets are allocated.

Last year was much much better, but on the other hand the Gooners were much much louder this year.

Bigger game for them than it was for us.

I can't beleive that, you could hear a pin drop yesterday, they couldn't have been much worse last year surely, i'd go as far as saying yesterday is the worst home support i've seen all season.

So instead of moaning, come up with a solution to make it better.

Well it's not something I can change just myself is it?

I make sure my throat is knackered at the end of each game.

Just stating facts that this years ends have been poor, sorry if this offends you.

In the championship a lot of our away games we had unreserved seating. It gave a chance for anyone who wanted to sit to go to the front and anyone who wanted to stand and sing congregated together.

Screw safe standing, if we want atmospheres back in English grounds make away ends and certain home blocks unreserved seating.

I have been saying that for years.

I can't beleive that, you could hear a pin drop yesterday, they couldn't have been much worse last year surely, i'd go as far as saying yesterday is the worst home support i've seen all season.

All you could hear from the Arsenal crowd yesterday was there fans moaning about everything. Singing wise I didn't hear them.

Last year we were much louder vocally than yesterday, which is quite surprising considering the circumstances of both the games.

Well it's not something I can change just myself is it?

I make sure my throat is knackered at the end of each game.

Just stating facts that this years ends have been poor, sorry if this offends you.

This is why the internet's useless at these topics, you have me down as having a dig at you with my post, I'm not, I'm asking for your ideas.

It doesn't offend but other than sing like the rest of us who go everywhere come up with an idea, if it works good, if not at least something else has been tried.

SK1 seem to make noise at home, do all of them travel away or is it just a few? Then are they seated all over the place?

Poster up top made a point about unreserved seating in lower leagues, it won't get a really loud end but it will get all singers in one cluster.

This is why the internet's useless at these topics, you have me down as having a dig at you with my post, I'm not, I'm asking for your ideas.

It doesn't offend but other than sing like the rest of us who go everywhere come up with an idea, if it works good, if not at least something else has been tried.

SK1 seem to make noise at home, do all of them travel away or is it just a few? Then are they seated all over the place?

Poster up top made a point about unreserved seating in lower leagues, it won't get a really loud end but it will get all singers in one cluster.

Sorry mate as you say it's hard on here to tell whether someone's being sarcastic or not

No, better last year. Sat home end both matches (an old friend with a season ticket) top corner to our away left. There was lots of noise but almost as if two or three chants were trying to start at once. After the sending off the tension of the Arsenal support changed from crude little Leicester outbursts to the full desperation of the stadium.

Last year it was a big game for us and this year it was a bigger game for them.

I can't comment on any other away day as I havn't been anywhere else away since we got promoted.  

Just my observations of this match and in no way am I criticising our support in any form.

But I will say by the time I got seated it already felt like a day of travelling. Sunday morning football is for when I was 22.  

Maybe the union FS boys could follow the Euro ultra Lead and face crowd and co ordinate / conduct effort ?

I find it frustrating when we get a tune going it buckles too quickly and I genuinely feel that Chant leaders might keep it going

This isn't down to the club to sort , we have to sort ourselves I guess

P1 seems to be full of ambivalent supporters lol

Maybe the union FS boys could follow the Euro ultra Lead and face crowd and co ordinate / conduct effort ?

I find it frustrating when we get a tune going it buckles too quickly and I genuinely feel that Chant leaders might keep it going

This isn't down to the club to sort , we have to sort ourselves I guess

P1 seems to be full of ambivalent supporters lol

A capo would be great but it only works in Europe because A. They're allowed megaphones in the stand home or away, B. Everyone pays attention to them rather than the game and actually do what they're being told and C. Almost every away end will have a drum which you'd NEVER be allowed here!

Also, could you imagine the stick they'd get from opposition fans and our own fans alike!!!

I personally don't have an issue with the old people in our ends. They've forgotten more than I know. They've been going before I was born. I get they aren't going to be vociferous but let's not pretend our whole end is made up of older people.

But if Arsenal fans are getting tickets in our end - what the **** is that all about?

Let's not pretend it was one awful away end either. Villa was bollocks. Man City by a few accounts wasn't great (despite it being probably the best away performance of my lifetime), even Spurs and Everton were 'meh'.

Our away support has gone massively downhill. It was the bollocks in 2013/14. It's been toilet since.

There is some incredibly naive comments re away atmosphere and some precious billy big bollox ones too.

The priority system, demand and limited supply v demand will dictate that there is a varied mix of fans.

Are people suggesting these older non singing types or young kids are not welcome? If so how would you suggest this is implemented and more importantly why?

You're in your 60s like soup and sandwiches, don't sing and bounce around so you're not welcome is that it?

And before anyone starts I am in my 50s love to stand and sing and hardly missed a game away during 80s and into 90s, tickets were easier to come by cos not same demand primarily we were shite and it was less savoury going to away matches then.

The fan mix at aways then was more like what I believe you would like now ,mainly 16 to 40 year old and male but believe me there was certainly no vastly louder sustained singing until pivotal matches happened!

So this our end was poor comment that I see trotted out by, I would guess, mainly youngsters is a little short sighted seeing how tickets are allocated.

Like I've said above, I don't even blame the older lot who've been going years. They've seen it all. I'm convinced we have as strong an element as anyone where there are 16 year olds bouncing around the concourse, phone in hand recording themselves then uploading the ****er onto Instagram once the game's going lol

Union FS need to push and make "try and make away support better" a priority for next. Even if it's just by letting the club get them gets seats together in a big square in the centre of the away end? Something like this could slowly start to improve our away ends.

All you could hear from the Arsenal crowd yesterday was there fans moaning about everything. Singing wise I didn't hear them.

Last year we were much louder vocally than yesterday, which is quite surprising considering the circumstances of both the games.

Not so sure mate, last year we had nothing to lose, (we were nailed on from the drop) this year we have a lot to lose.

Apart from the odd poster, there definitely seems a growing negativeness on this forum towards older supporters. I personally can't chant for 90 minutes because of heart issues, 10 or 15 minutes and I have to stop, other older people have other problems, that doesnt make us any less worthy supporters.

I was at Bochum last week and wasn't that impressed with the capo in the dark glasses leading the chanting. He seemed more impressed with his looks and style then how the team was doing. I am sure he is a committed fan, but he never really got involved. Can't see that working in England.

I know a few Union FS lads, all good blokes, who I think respect coffin dodgers like me, but you are not the only ones who love and support this club. Some of you might believe in the concept of Logan's Run, but remember you will be as old before you know it, one day you won't be able to sing and jump around all day long.

You need a strategy to engage and embrace all, not just a select few, who think they are the only ones who support Leicester.

Archived