Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Union FS - This Sunday

This is why the internet's useless at these topics, you have me down as having a dig at you with my post, I'm not, I'm asking for your ideas.

It doesn't offend but other than sing like the rest of us who go everywhere come up with an idea, if it works good, if not at least something else has been tried.

SK1 seem to make noise at home, do all of them travel away or is it just a few? Then are they seated all over the place?

Poster up top made a point about unreserved seating in lower leagues, it won't get a really loud end but it will get all singers in one cluster.

Most in the block tend not to travel away anymore due to price and with most Club's still implementing categorisation I imagine that stance will sadly continue until either the PL as a whole or the government intervene.

In an ideal world, where safe standing is not yet a thing:

- PL sets away tickets at £20 max

- PL stipulates that a minimum of 50% of each away end must be unreserved seating where the implication is that these fans will ALL stand AND get behind the team - if not, why bother? As an aside I feel this would aid those fans who perhaps don't want to stand/sing constantly - we must have plenty of fans like that in our away support and they deserve to have their voices heard as much as those who sing for 90 minutes.

- Introduce a drum to co-ordinate songs and make sure they continue for more than one run-through. Any sceptics please refer to L1 and SK1 being the ground's two most continuously vocal sections.

- Ban mobile phones in said unreserved section.

Some valid points made in here, how people get tickets these days is beyond me. I know it made it far in terms of priority but saw 2 chelsea fans i know in our end for man city, infuriates the life out of me.

Leicester lads who support Chelsea ?

Apart from the odd poster, there definitely seems a growing negativeness on this forum towards older supporters. I personally can't chant for 90 minutes because of heart issues, 10 or 15 minutes and I have to stop, other older people have other problems, that doesnt make us any less worthy supporters.

I was at Bochum last week and wasn't that impressed with the capo in the dark glasses leading the chanting. He seemed more impressed with his looks and style then how the team was doing. I am sure he is a committed fan, but he never really got involved. Can't see that working in England.

I know a few Union FS lads, all good blokes, who I think respect coffin dodgers like me, but you are not the only ones who love and support this club. Some of you might believe in the concept of Logan's Run, but remember you will be as old before you know it, one day you won't be able to sing and jump around all day long.

You need a strategy to engage and embrace all, not just a select few, who think they are the only ones who support Leicester.

It's a different culture and I certainly agree with you, it wouldn't work in England (at present) and I wouldn't want us to lose the chanting relevant to what's happening on the pitch anyway, which you probably noticed was largely absent last Friday. As others have said, unreserved seating in a central rear block of each away end (at the very least) would help keep natural singers together.

I don't think people are purposefully having a dig at the older generation either, because I don't think this is a generational problem. Some people, old and young, just do not want to get involved in supporting their team, regardless of their physical ability to do so. If people don't want to support their team, there really isn't a lot you can do sadly. I genuinely don't know what the answer is because the team could hardly be doing more for supporters to want to sing their hearts out all game this season.

Regardless of this forum's efforts not to promote it, I suspect the odd bit of touting to glory hunters has gone on on the sly this season, which might explain some of the reason our ends have been so bad.

I don't think it was particularly awful, just patchy.

Was excellent when everyone was singing in unison. Trouble was that was a rarity.

The fans behind the goal were on a different page to those along the touchline.

The fact that we outsung 57,000 people in what was their biggest game of the season and it's still being considered as our worst away performance of the season tells you that we're not as bad as people make out. 

Shame the N'Golo Kante song didn't want to be sung by anyone other than about 20 people behind me. Don't know what he has to do to get a good song going.

I don't think it was particularly awful, just patchy.

Was excellent when everyone was singing in unison. Trouble was that was a rarity.

The fans behind the goal were on a different page to those along the touchline.

The fact that we outsung 57,000 people in what was their biggest game of the season and it's still being considered as our worst away performance of the season tells you that we're not as bad as people make out. 

Shame the N'Golo Kante song didn't want to be sung by anyone other than about 20 people behind me. Don't know what he has to do to get a good song going.

An Arsenal fan on the radio said it was their best atmosphere in years! lol 

Like I've said above, I don't even blame the older lot who've been going years. They've seen it all. I'm convinced we have as strong an element as anyone where there are 16 year olds bouncing around the concourse, phone in hand recording themselves then uploading the ****er onto Instagram once the game's going lol

Totally Dan and very reasoned, yes the phone crap is a blight!

The our end is ... business will always be influenced by priotity ticket allocation and plain maths sadly.

Would never say our support away is poor just fragmented and not as brilliant as at home.

Maybe the club/union fs can get together to create a song book thats updated on the official website. More people are likely to join in if they're confident on the words. Might even get WYS going.

There was one on the old wordpress site but it looks like it got lost during the migration to the dedicated URL. But to be fair there are 2 maybe 3 songs we sing with actual 'lyrics', lets not pretend our songbook is like Man Utd's! 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree FMF. Continually watching fans get bent over by Sky with the Football League and Premier League doing nothing about it is boring as fvck.

If they aren't allowed to move as many games as they want to whenever they want then I'd expect that their next contact with the EPL would be for a lot less money. How many clubs would be in dire straights should they see income from TV drop from 100m to 60m?

If they aren't allowed to move as many games as they want to whenever they want then I'd expect that their next contact with the EPL would be for a lot less money. How many clubs would be in dire straights should they see income from TV drop from 100m to 60m?

When do you think it's too late to move a game?

I don't think fans mind about games moving, but its the notice given Sky have no excuse really they shouldn't be able to move games with 17 days notice it just screws the fans over, there was no reason this game couldn't of been moved 6 months ago.

I'm not arguing they shouldn't be able to move 'as many games as they want (well, actually there's a prescribed limit under contract but not really the point) to whenever they want'. I'm arguing that they should be forced, by contract, to consider matchgoing fans and not reschedule fixtures at any less than 6 weeks notice.

All that would take is someone with something about them standing up to Sky and telling them those are the conditions. I think you are deluded if you think the PL don't hold the power in these negotiations. Just look at the increases!

Just posted in the Championship thread, Middlesbrough are contributing towards those with train ticket(s) booked already so fair play to the club there.

Not quite the same as Arsenal though as anyone who had a ticket could use it on the Sunday, MFC are contributing up to £50 to rearranged travel, how much is a return from there to the smoke? From Leicester its around £60 anytime return.

The local railway should be doing what East Mids trains did the other Sunday or the club should pay the full amount to anyone who has pre booked. It's neithers fault I know and Sky ultimately should take the hit for this, like they will though.

Not quite the same as Arsenal though as anyone who had a ticket could use it on the Sunday, MFC are contributing up to £50 to rearranged travel, how much is a return from there to the smoke? From Leicester its around £60 anytime return.

The local railway should be doing what East Mids trains did the other Sunday or the club should pay the full amount to anyone who has pre booked. It's neithers fault I know and Sky ultimately should take the hit for this, like they will though.

Yeah but didn't people on here say it's a £10 admin fee to change travel arrangements (Move it to another date/time) so if that is the case for the train service up there £50 should more than cover it, it might not be the same of course but i'm just putting that out there.

It's better than nothing.

Leicester is on the mainline though, Middlesbrough isn't. Fans going on the train from Middlesbrough will have to change so you'd need two seperate train companies offering this apposed to one (in our case for the Arsenal game).

It's better than nothing.

Leicester is on the mainline though, Middlesbrough isn't. Fans going on the train from Middlesbrough will have to change so you'd need two seperate train companies offering this apposed to one (in our case for the Arsenal game).

That won't work then with two train operators, yes it's better than nothing but couldn't they go that little bit further with a full refund.

17 days is ridiculous.

Archived