Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The 'teams that can't catch us' thread

1. Leicester    Current points    66

2. Spurs         Potential points   82

3. Arsenal      Potential points   79

4. M City        Potential points   78

5. W Ham       Potential points   74

6. M Utd         Potential points   74

7. Stoke         Potential points   67

8. Soton         Potential points   68

9. Liverpool    Potential points   74

Guaranteed 9th then at the very least. Unbelievable! 

Some teams play each other in the eight below us though, so inevitably they can't all win their games, so it's going to be higher. I've not got the time nor the inclination to work it out though lol:D

9th is the lowest we can finish, I've just worked it out.

But based on the fact other teams play each other I don't think we can finish lower than 5th (if all of the teams that play each other reach the result where the lowest team get the points so they go higher, and we lose our games, I predicted we'd finish 5th using http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/)

Have a go yourself, what's the lowest you can get us to finish?

But based on the fact other teams play each other I don't think we can finish lower than 5th (if all of the teams that play each other reach the result where the lowest team get the points so they go higher, and we lose our games, I predicted we'd finish 5th using http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/)

1st.............

wc6_zpsj1vrewtn.png

Guaranteed at least 9th! Crazy that Chelsea and Everton cannot catch us with 7 to play. Mental!

Already did it. 9th is the lowest we can finish.

1. Leicester    Current points    66

2. Spurs         Potential points   82

3. Arsenal      Potential points   79

4. M City        Potential points   75

5. W Ham       Potential points   74

6. M Utd         Potential points   74

7. Soton         Potential points   68

8. Stoke         Potential points   67

9. Liverpool    Potential points   71

1. Leicester Current points 66

2. Spurs Potential points 82

3. Arsenal Potential points 79

4. M City Potential points 75

5. W Ham Potential points 74

6. M Utd Potential points 74

7. Soton Potential points 68

8. Stoke Potential points 67

9. Liverpool Potential points 71

Come on Leicester let's finish the job now

Up the Foxes

Manchester City fan here in peace.

Well, we can still can catch you mathematically, but realistically our team is not playing like it can mount great comebacks like in 2012 and 2014, or even win the last 6 like last season. We're more likely to finish 6th or 7th at this rate.

So (and I have been one of those people who were laughed out of court for taking your fine team seriously back in November), as I don't think we'll make it, I really hope you win the League. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Foxes since the 70s - though my first visit to Filbert Street was a hapless 4-0 defeat (Alan Smith, Gary McAlister etc) back in 86/87, when we both went down.

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it,  I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

Manchester City fan here in peace.

Well, we can still can catch you mathematically, but realistically our team is not playing like it can mount great comebacks like in 2012 and 2014, or even win the last 6 like last season. We're more likely to finish 6th or 7th at this rate.

So (and I have been one of those people who were laughed out of court for taking your fine team seriously back in November), as I don't think we'll make it, I really hope you win the League. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Foxes since the 70s - though my first visit to Filbert Street was a hapless 4-0 defeat (Alan Smith, Gary McAlister etc) back in 86/87, when we both went down.

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it,  I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

Thank you.

For what it's worth, there was a poll recently about who we'd rather won the title if we couldn't, and Man City were the most popular choice hands down.

I can honestly say that every single Man City fan I've met, without exception, has been sound and knowledgable about football. It probably doesn't hurt that you wear blue and are called City, either.

Archived