Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The 'teams that can't catch us' thread

Sunderland -w

West ham - D

Swansea - w

Man United - l

Everton - w

Chelsea -l

Assuming spurs win all games apart from 1 draw which is very likely (more likely that they lose or draw more) that wins the title!

Sunderland -w

West ham - D

Swansea - w

Man United - l

Everton - w

Chelsea -l

Assuming spurs win all games apart from 1 draw which is very likely (more likely that they lose or draw more) that wins the title!

Arsenal can also get 79 points  with their 7 remaining fixtures

I've made this handy spreadsheet.

It shows where each team currently is, how well they should do based on current average points per game and how well they could do if they took maximum points from all remaining games.

8gXiEKv.png

As you can see, based on our current points total we can only be surpassed by Spuds, Arsenal, Man City, Man U, West Ham... and Liverpool; if they score a shed load (or we concede a shed load).

This scenario is based on us losing our final six games.  So a top 6 finish is mathematically guaranteed.  Defensive collapses not withstanding.

Of course, this doesn't take into account the physiological effects that extra games (in the League, Cup and Europe) will have on some of our title rivals.

You can call it maximum if you like - Potential points total and maximum points total mean the same thing.

Yep - 4 wins will guarantee the title, and we'll only need that if Spurs win all 6 of their remaining games.

Looking good at the moment.

i suppose

C'mon people lets do this properly, it is a list of teams that can't catch us:

1. Villa
2. Newcastle
3. Sunderland
4. Norwich
5. Swansea
6. Palace
7. Bournemouth
8. West Brom
9. Everton
10. Chelsea
11. Watford

12. Stoke

13. Southampton

Guaranteed 7th, just 6 to tick off:

Liverpool - should be next week, can only catch us on goal difference

West Ham - Could be next week if we better their result

Man United - Could be next week if we win and they lose(but we don't want that to happen)

Man City - Earliest possible date 16th April

Arsenal  - Earliest possible date 17th April

Spurs - Earliest possible date 18th  April

We could seal the title by winning our next 2 games and Spurs losing to Man United and Stoke, Arsenal losing to Palace and West Ham and Man City only getting 1 point from West Brom and Chelsea...

I had a look through the rest of the fixtures for both Arsenal and Spurs and I think this is what they will both probably get:

Spurs:

Man United (H) - WIN

Stoke (A) - DRAW

West Brom (H) - WIN

Chelsea (A) - LOSE

Southampton (H) - WIN

Newcastle (A) - WIN

So I see them getting 13 points from their last 18 in all probability.  Meaning 7 points for us should get us over the line.  2 wins , 1 draw.

Arsenal:

West Ham (A) - DRAW

Palace (H) - WIN

West Brom (H) - WIN

Sunderland (A) - WIN

Norwich (H) - WIN

Man City (A) - LOSE

Villa (H) - WIN

See them getting 16 from their remaining 21.  So for us, 6 points should see them off too.

I've made this handy spreadsheet.

It shows where each team currently is, how well they should do based on current average points per game and how well they could do if they took maximum points from all remaining games.

8gXiEKv.png

As you can see, based on our current points total we can only be surpassed by Spuds, Arsenal, Man City, Man U, West Ham... and Liverpool; if they score a shed load (or we concede a shed load).

This scenario is based on us losing our final six games. So a top 6 finish is mathematically guaranteed. Defensive collapses not withstanding.

Of course, this doesn't take into account the physiological effects that extra games (in the League, Cup and Europe) will have on some of our title rivals.

You must be a teacher with all this time on your hand. Good way of spending your Easter break. 10 points clear of Spurs before we return to school

If we win 3, draw 1 and lose 2, Spurs have to win all 6 of their remaining games to stop us.

Yeah, am thinking similar.

Am thinking that's what we might need, but ....   but.....   I don't know.

In the last 6 games, going on the reverse fixtures we won 5 and drew 1....  too early to call yet though, am still unsure and nervous.

Permutations permutations permutations.  Lots of ifs and buts and I have done my best to stay grounded and not think ahead too much...  BUT this could be wrapped up by full time against Swansea.

We could go into the Swansea game knowing that a win would clinch the title IF we beat Sunderland and West Ham beforehand.  Spurs play Man U at home and Stoke away - they would need at least a win and a draw to stay alive.  Arsenal will have played 4 games by the time we take to the pitch against Swansea.  They will be out of the reckoning if they haven't won all 4.  Stranger things have happened.

I hope it plays out a little longer as I'm not going to be at the Swansea game.

C'mon people lets do this properly, it is a list of teams that can't catch us:

1. Villa

2. Newcastle

3. Sunderland

4. Norwich

5. Swansea

6. Palace

7. Bournemouth

8. West Brom

9. Everton

10. Chelsea

11. Watford

12. Stoke

13. Southampton

Guaranteed 7th, just 6 to tick off:

Liverpool - should be next week, can only catch us on goal difference

West Ham - Could be next week if we better their result

Man United - Could be next week if we win and they lose(but we don't want that to happen)

Man City - Earliest possible date 16th April

Arsenal - Earliest possible date 17th April

Spurs - Earliest possible date 18th April

We could seal the title by winning our next 2 games and Spurs losing to Man United and Stoke, Arsenal losing to Palace and West Ham and Man City only getting 1 point from West Brom and Chelsea...

Yeah the earliest we could win would be a Monday night when we aren't playing. How shit would that be? lol

Yeah the earliest we could win would be a Monday night when we aren't playing. How shit would that be? lol

I'd get over it...

...would you prefer to win it early on a day we weren't playing or go into the Chelsea game with it all to play for?

I'd get over it...

...would you prefer to win it early on a day we weren't playing or go into the Chelsea game with it all to play for?

Definitely the former. Ticker can't manage much more of this. Productivity at work certainly can't.

1. Villa

2. Newcastle

3. Sunderland

4. Norwich

5. Swansea

6. Palace

7. Bournemouth

8. West Brom

9. Everton

10. Chelsea

11. Watford

12. Stoke

13. Southampton

14. West Ham

15. Liverpool

Guaranteed 5th, just 4 to tick off

Man United - Could be added in a few hours, but we don't want that.

If we can beat West Ham, and Chelsea can get a draw or better against Man City, we'll be almost guaranteed to go straight into the group stage. Even if we slip up in the final four games and finish third.

As long as City don't win this season's Champions' League and 'Pool don't win the Europa.

Archived