Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The 'teams that can't catch us' thread

Manchester City fan here in peace.

Well, we can still can catch you mathematically, but realistically our team is not playing like it can mount great comebacks like in 2012 and 2014, or even win the last 6 like last season. We're more likely to finish 6th or 7th at this rate.

So (and I have been one of those people who were laughed out of court for taking your fine team seriously back in November), as I don't think we'll make it, I really hope you win the League. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Foxes since the 70s - though my first visit to Filbert Street was a hapless 4-0 defeat (Alan Smith, Gary McAlister etc) back in 86/87, when we both went down.

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it, I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

Thanks mate, that's a sound post. Have always been a mad foxes fan, but Man City were awesome when the likes of Peter Barnes were tearing down the wing. After our match at yout place, it was refreshing to read the balanced response and praise from your forum. Contrast that with the self righteous Gooners and Spuds. Hope we see this through, 7 more cup finals!

Thank you.

For what it's worth, there was a poll recently about who we'd rather won the title if we couldn't, and Man City were the most popular choice hands down.

I can honestly say that every single Man City fan I've met, without exception, has been sound and knowledgable about football. It probably doesn't hurt that you wear blue and are called City, either.

No, thank you. Well most of us are ok, though, like any club, we have our fair share of half wits! I suppose most of us aren't spoiled by success unlike fans of Liverpool, Arsenal, United etc - hope it stays that way mate.

I've always found Leicester one of the friendlier clubs to visit. Always found fans to chat to on the way to the match and back - but I haven't run into the "lads" (Baby Squad?) yet...

Thanks mate, that's a sound post. Have always been a mad foxes fan, but Man City were awesome when the likes of Peter Barnes were tearing down the wing. After our match at yout place, it was refreshing to read the balanced response and praise from your forum. Contrast that with the self righteous Gooners and Spuds. Hope we see this through, 7 more cup finals!

Oh the Goons and the Spuds...can't stand either of them. Their self-righteousness, arrogance and sense of entitlement grates here too. Personally I have never liked Spuds - they killed my dream of the FA Cup in my first season - 1981 - and were rather arrogant about it - never really forgiven them for that! Peter Barnes was slightly before my first visit to Maine Rd but he was very talented - along with Gary Owen he should never have been solved but Malcolm Allison and Peter Swales were on their mad spending spree, and the rest is history....the beginning of the decline of MCFC.

Which forum were you on? Bluemoon?

Good luck in those 7 Cup Finals. Like many I'll be looking out for your results - already have been as rivals for months anyway. Good luck.

Well, we can still can catch you mathematically, but realistically our team is not playing like it can mount great comebacks like in 2012 and 2014, or even win the last 6 like last season. We're more likely to finish 6th or 7th at this rate.

So (and I have been one of those people who were laughed out of court for taking your fine team seriously back in November), as I don't think we'll make it, I really hope you win the League. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Foxes since the 70s - though my first visit to Filbert Street was a hapless 4-0 defeat (Alan Smith, Gary McAlister etc) back in 86/87, when we both went down.

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it,  I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

I've a lot of time for Man City as a club , Don't know any other team that would sell out week in week out in the 1st division. roberto mancini also showed up in the cup and played his full team when we were in the Championship. Your owners too seem to be ploughing money into the academy and that'll really start to come through in the next couple of seasons. Shame you're 'big star' players are letting you down. 

Not to disapointed for you though this season...COYB!

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it, I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

Cheers buddy

Great post and thank you

Up the Foxes

I wish our team could defend like yours and always show such commitment. Don't get me wrong, we've loved and appreciated what our club and indeed team has done in recent years - like you we've had our bad years - but whatever happens, this season is yours. Your team has played some great football. A true team in the sense of the word, but within that team some very fine individuals.

We felt like if we've put out chances away at the King Power we could have beaten you, but you gave us a proper lesson at our place this season, and there were more than a few of us applauding you off. So, if we can't win it,  I hope you win the League this season. Your team and your wonderful manager deserve it. Good luck (if you need it).

CTID

Like other fans, thank you. I certainly would only want Man City to win the league if it wasn't us. I was lucky enough to watch your side during the brilliant Colin Bell era, and you were close to being as entertaining side as we were under Bloomfield! Which is very high praise! 

Hope you win the champions league, and please pip spuds for second place!

Like other fans, thank you. I certainly would only want Man City to win the league if it wasn't us. I was lucky enough to watch your side during the brilliant Colin Bell era, and you were close to being as entertaining side as we were under Bloomfield! Which is very high praise! 

Hope you win the champions league, and please pip spuds for second place!

I trained with Colin Bell on holiday years ago, got a picture of myself in the following years brochure doing headers wearing my blue ind coope kit. I think we managed 12, really nice bloke. Also trained with Gordon Banks at minehead Butlins, city's maroon admiral tracksuit that year, can anyone remember that. He was great too, despite me breaking a forest fan in two who was about to score. lol

I trained with Colin Bell on holiday years ago, got a picture of myself in the following years brochure doing headers wearing my blue ind coope kit. I think we managed 12, really nice bloke. Also trained with Gordon Banks at minehead Butlins, city's maroon admiral tracksuit that year, can anyone remember that. He was great too, despite me breaking a forest fan in two who was about to score. lol

Lovely fella Colin Bell. Nice anecdote that mate. Such a shame his career was ended by a bad tackle by Martin Buchan - not that Bell shows any bitterness about this. He's a quiet modest man with a firm handshake, and along with Silva, Yaya and Aguero, Manchester City's greatest ever player.

8 more points is maximum unless west ham and united score heavily for the remainder of season in which goal difference dictates 9 as maximum.

United and west ham are likely to drop points over next two games so I'd expect that if we can beat Southampton and Sunderland, top 4 will be guarenteed.

It is very plausible to suggest we don't need to kick a ball to get champions league however as 13 from 21 will be a tough test for west ham and united.

wc7_zpspz2s0lh6.png

7th is the lowest we can finish. Liverpool can only catch us on goal difference!

No. I'm a massive pessimistic when it comes to Lcfc. But the lowest we can finish is 2nd.

Spurs are now looking at the arse not up. lol

1. Leicester    Current points    69

2. Spurs         Potential points   80

3. Arsenal      Potential points   79

4. M City        Potential points   75

5. M Utd         Potential points   74

6. W Ham       Potential points   72

7. Soton         Potential points   65

8. Stoke         Potential points   65

9. Liverpool    Potential points   69

@@Raw Dykes when you say potential should that say maximum? So we need 12 points to secure?

Excuse my stupidity not done my maths

You can call it maximum if you like - Potential points total and maximum points total mean the same thing.

Yep - 4 wins will guarantee the title, and we'll only need that if Spurs win all 6 of their remaining games.

Looking good at the moment.

Archived