Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The 'teams that can't catch us' thread

Congrats on the top 3 finish and guaranteed Champions League football...awesome achievement all things considered and a remarkable story in football terms. Beg, borrow or steal a ticket for your Champions League away fixtures...the home games will be brilliant for the atmosphere you create alone, but the away days are superb, especially the build up on the day in places like Milan, Rome, Madrid, Munich etc. You'll have some fantastic experiences and stories on here no doubt....one thing is for sure, no European team will be looking forward to coming to the KP stadium if you play like this again next season. Good luck.

I remember how you reacted when you qualified for the first time. Obviously it isn't as dramatic for us but you know the feeling.

I think we could both do quite well in it next season with our different styles of play.

I think you might do better than us as our style and formation is very European so the clubs know it and how to play against it.....Dortmund being the best example.

Your current counter attacking 4-4-2 sort of, will likely give decent European teams more of a problem.

I remember how you reacted when you qualified for the first time. Obviously it isn't as dramatic for us but you know the feeling.

I think we could both do quite well in it next season with our different styles of play.

think it's different how spurs/everton "broke" the top 4 and how we have. if we'd been 4th/5th/6th all season and just guaranteed our top 4 spot as the season is ending it'd be the maddest celebrations i can remember. but the way this season has turned out, merely finishing in a CL spot is now a consolation prize. there isn't going to be a mad celebration if we finish 2nd. it'll be pure dejection in the short term. 

obviously once any champions league draw is made this will all change and it will be the best thing ever. 

For the sake of proper presentation:

1. Villa
2. Newcastle
3. Sunderland
4. Norwich
5. Swansea
6. Palace
7. Bournemouth
8. West Brom
9. Everton
10. Chelsea
11. Watford
12. Stoke
13. Southampton
14. West Ham
15. Liverpool 
16. Man United

17. Man City

18. Arsenal

2nd place guaranteed. 

I'm sorry for being a spoilsport and I know it's rather unlikely we'll get 0 points from our last three games, BUT...

... both Arsenal and Manchester City could theoretically still get to 76 points, as well.

We'll have to wait another week to find out whether it's a proper two-horse race between us and Spurs (still).

I'm sorry for being a spoilsport and I know it's rather unlikely we'll get 0 points from our last three games, BUT...

... both Arsenal and Manchester City could theoretically still get to 76 points, as well.

We'll have to wait another week to find out whether it's a proper two-horse race between us and Spurs (still).

Negatori. They only have 3 games left, with 12 points behind.

:blush:

Jeez, the excitement must've let my basic math skills evaporate quickly like Swansea's hope for a win today after Mahrez' goal.

Ok, let's all do the conga and I'll buy the drinks!

It IS in fact between us and Spurs only now - that calls for a celebration.

Archived