Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

9 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Does anyone know how to view your own posts in topic? I posted in here at a particularly bad time in my life and i remember that i got about 4 replies that I was too scared to read. This was about half a year ago and I think I;m finally ready to read them

There is a search box on the top right - if you click on it, you can search for just this topic. (I've never done it). Maybe if you type your name or put a specific word in it might find it.

I'm not sure how many posts you've made since. But if you go to the top right and click on your profile and go to the my activity bit. It has all the post you've ever sent in order. You can click on the post and it'll take you to it.

Or all the posts are dated on here. There are 128 pages but if you know the date you could keep going back (skipping pages) till you get to around the correct date.

There might be other ways that I don't know of though. Good luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Does anyone know how to view your own posts in topic? I posted in here at a particularly bad time in my life and i remember that i got about 4 replies that I was too scared to read. This was about half a year ago and I think I;m finally ready to read them

Go to the search bar, press the magnifying glass which should take you to advance search.

Click: 

2014303159_Screenshot2020-01-05at01_08_16.png.d878712011a140f341ad37bca96c189b.png

Find your name, click the content titles only button 1487512668_Screenshot2020-01-05at01_09_57.png.c46c90f54dd3574e29b18887684efd49.png

And type depression in the search bar.

Good luck reading them George. I did it a few weeks ago and while it can be tough to read your own thoughts at a bad time, I found it worth it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Where do you work?...No job is worth that.:whistle:

As a carer for a guy with autism. Been doing it for 7 years now while failing to get into other things and he only assaulted me for the first time about 2 months ago. I'm not hurt, more upset for him really as I had to punish him by - wait for it - confiscating his S Club 7 CD for a week.

I am truly evil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

As a carer for a guy with autism. Been doing it for 7 years now while failing to get into other things and he only assaulted me for the first time about 2 months ago. I'm not hurt, more upset for him really as I had to punish him by - wait for it - confiscating his S Club 7 CD for a week.

I am truly evil.

Feel for you mate,it's the little thing's that sometimes hurt most.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help! I wish I had the balls to read everyone's response at the time of me posting! Life is shit but I'm slowly getting round to figuring out all that you originally suggested for me! This sort of thread is why I am proud to be a Leicester fan <3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Thank you everyone for your help! I wish I had the balls to read everyone's response at the time of me posting! Life is shit but I'm slowly getting round to figuring out all that you originally suggested for me! This sort of thread is why I am proud to be a Leicester fan <3 

look after yourself mate,just look at the post's.....their is more good people on this forum than you'd think!:scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, PAULCFC said:

look after yourself mate,just look at the post's.....their is more good people on this forum than you'd think!:scarf:

Honestly pal, I've never been so proud to be a Leicester fan as I was finally looking at the responses in this post. I posted many warning signs on social media and no-one gave a fvck. But on foxestalk some of you boys cared and that means a lot

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Feel for you mate,it's the little thing's that sometimes hurt most.

It is. He's usually angry with me if I'm late because he needs to have his days planned out meticulously and if anything deviates from it then the whole day is ****ed. Today I was actually 5 minutes EARLY, and he was so enraged he went outside to his mum's car and scratched it with the corner of his S Club 7 CD case. He knew I was going to punish him by making him sit in the living room all day which is probably why he attacked me. Which guaranteed that I'd sit him in the living room all day, with no tv, in complete silence. Which was sad.

Just now, GeorgeTheFox said:

Honestly pal, I've never been so proud to be a Leicester fan as I was finally looking at the responses in this post. I posted many warning signs on social media and no-one gave a fvck. But on foxestalk some of you boys cared and that means a lot

Good for you!Just remember if their's any thing you want to talk about  or get off your chest ,just pm me or vent your spleen on here.Believe me it works wonders!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

EDIT: I don't remember when it was but a few people replied to me at the time and I just wanted to read what they said. I am kind of better now but still struggling with certain thoughts and I think it would be better to face up to what people said to me at the time. I remember receiving the notifications being scared to read them for some reason.  I feel better in general but I still need to be drunk in order to get to sleep and avoid any intrusive thoughts. Thank you for this thread 

Glad things have improved for you mate. :)

Dont give up, it can continue to improve. take the time and always remember there are loads of people who want to help in many ways

I seem to be struggling again this evening, I’ve been looking online for a box or something to keep some mementos of my Grandad after his passing last month.

I sat looking at his watch which has set me off and everything has hit home again 🤧

Has anyone done anything similar, in regards to a keepsake box?  I’d welcome any ideas as I don’t seem to be having much luck in finding anything that isn’t styled for a wedding. 

17 hours ago, E.Rose said:

I seem to be struggling again this evening, I’ve been looking online for a box or something to keep some mementos of my Grandad after his passing last month.

I sat looking at his watch which has set me off and everything has hit home again 🤧

Has anyone done anything similar, in regards to a keepsake box?  I’d welcome any ideas as I don’t seem to be having much luck in finding anything that isn’t styled for a wedding. 

Sorry i dont have anything to offer, i can only suggest that you take your time... there is no rush, take as long as you need. Sorry

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm my own worst enemy most of the time. I doubt myself and my ability, overthink and worry over too much. 

New job and a health worry that needs checking aren't currently helping but I really need to try to stop it happening. 

Anything you want to talk about further, could any of us on here help in any way? 

• 2 weeks later...

After tremendous anxiety, depression and failing to shit or get off the pot, I finally bought myself an elliptical trainer off Facebook marketplace the other day. I have an exercise bike and a treadmill but they're agony on my back partly due to my size but also a huge car crash a few years back.

It's ****ing massive; I had to get my dad and his car to help me pick it up, and still had to drive back home in the pissing rain with the boot half open. And then I had to clear out the garage all day today, including taking the treadmill to pieces and fly tipping it*.

But it's finally here, I've just had a go on it, and I'm very happy with it. It's very low impact so should hopefully help exercise without killing my back and other pains. 

Dry January is going well too, haven't really missed alcohol at all.**

I've tried to make positive changes before and nothing has really stuck, but I'm becoming an uncle in about 3 weeks and hopefully hear about a job opportunity very soon too, so things for 2020 are at least feeling a lot brighter.

I hope everyone on this thread is well. If not, never be afraid to post in here. There's some smashing people that are ****ing brilliant at being empathetic, knowledgeable, helpful and seriously kind. 

*didn't really

**he says, on his third beer of the night. Leave me alone I've earned it.

• Like 3