Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t wanna complain as I appreciate that there are people in much worse situations than I am but wow this in crazy. My mum died shockingly just before Christmas then feb this year my dad gets cancer. Mine and my missus holiday to nyc gets cancelled which should’ve been on Monday. And now I can’t ****ing buy toilet roll. 

You're not complaining at all, I can't imagine much worse situations myself. Hope you're OK. 

....and hope you find some bog roll soon :D

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t wanna complain as I appreciate that there are people in much worse situations than I am but wow this in crazy. My mum died shockingly just before Christmas then feb this year my dad gets cancer. Mine and my missus holiday to nyc gets cancelled which should’ve been on Monday. And now I can’t ****ing buy toilet roll. 

I remember you saying about your mum :( but had no idea about your dad too.

I have no idea what you're possibly going through right now bud but I pray your dad gets well soon and things improve for you very soon.:fc:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

oh mate. :(.  That’s rough and you have every right to be upset about that. And then the other stuff on top.that’s not complaining, that’s being upset.

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Can't imagine how tough the last couple of months must've been for you before all this crazy stuff going on. Hang in there mate, you'll get through it.

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

That's awful to hear, to say the least.

-

Tomorrow is probably going to be a very sorrowing experience for you and any siblings you have, especially it's going to be the first time without her and not too long ago since the sad incident.

Just remember that your Mother wouldn't want you and your sibling/s to be upset on occasions like this, however difficult it is.

She'd want you to celebrate her life and appreciate what she's done for you and others in your lives, and vice versa; plus she is likely to be very grateful and proud to have you and others in the close family.

-

Regarding your Father: you can only do whatever you can to try and help him as much as possible with such health issues, and that will be the only thing he'd likely to ask for.

Stay strong. :thumbup:

• Like 1

With this current virus outbreak and all the awful news surrounding it, the mental pressures have been talked about, but not to any large extent. There's a small number of people who'll be looking at the current situation and thinking that they personally won't survive the infection. Those same people will almost certainly now be taking extreme precautions to protect themselves. But, more worryingly, they may also be considering drastic measures to avoid suffering a lingering death if they do get it. Let's hope that we don't see a surge in suicides, as a direct result of all this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

With this current virus outbreak and all the awful news surrounding it, the mental pressures have been talked about, but not to any large extent. There's a small number of people who'll be looking at the current situation and thinking that they personally won't survive the infection. Those same people will almost certainly now be taking extreme precautions to protect themselves. But, more worryingly, they may also be considering drastic measures to avoid suffering a lingering death if they do get it. Let's hope that we don't see a surge in suicides, as a direct result of all this.

Probably not quite the right place to say it but my heart goes out to anyone affected with cancer at the moment. 

Your treatment weakens the very protection against the virus and you are attending a hive of said virus to receive the treatment 

I'm know almost nothing about the relationship, if any, between level of exposure to the virus and severity of symptoms. But I do wonder if Italy's high death toll is partly due to hospital patients cross-infecting each other with different strains of the virus. Perhaps if UK sufferers could remain at home as long as possible, they'd be protecting themselves from an even worse situation. I really don't know. But what I do know is that an anagram of 'desperation' is 'a rope ends it'.

On 22/03/2020 at 11:58, String fellow said:

I'm know almost nothing about the relationship, if any, between level of exposure to the virus and severity of symptoms. But I do wonder if Italy's high death toll is partly due to hospital patients cross-infecting each other with different strains of the virus. Perhaps if UK sufferers could remain at home as long as possible, they'd be protecting themselves from an even worse situation. I really don't know. But what I do know is that an anagram of 'desperation' is 'a rope ends it'.

I do try and avoid this thread because I feel very unqualified to comment. But something like the bit I’ve bolded really doesn’t seem like a necessary thing to post in such a thread. 

• Haha 1

Ironically, by highlighting my throw-away last line (a feeble attempt at humour btw), it's now far more conspicuous than it would have been otherwise. In my defence, exactly the same anagram appears on the front cover of a Dover Publications book on anagrams on my bookshelf.

• Like 1

19 people in my office of 53 have been put on 'furlough leave' - 80% pay until 31st May at least.

I had a team of 6 working for me the last 3 weeks and we were flat out trying to keep up already. I'm grateful I still have my job I really am, but honestly with what I think is now only 1 other person working with me, a lawsuit hanging over our heads and having been shafted out of annual leave I've had booked in for months too, it's really hard for me not to think negatively about the next few months.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if NHS patients will continue to receive therapy for mental issues? It seems like a unnecessary risk to visit hospital for CBT etc. at present. I suppose it's a question of the balance of risk, and neither option looks ideal right now. 

The past couple of weeks have been really testing. Not just with worry about the virus but also with my wedding being cancelled, I cant visit or hug my dad who has dementia and last night my cat died. I know there are many bigger and harder issues around at the moment but I feel completely empty. 

I struggled badly while I was at uni, which is over ten years ago now and had been keeping on top of things fairly well over the years. I now feel back under a dark cloud. 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, BeardyFox said:

The past couple of weeks have been really testing. Not just with worry about the virus but also with my wedding being cancelled, I cant visit or hug my dad who has dementia and last night my cat died. I know there are many bigger and harder issues around at the moment but I feel completely empty. 

I struggled badly while I was at uni, which is over ten years ago now and had been keeping on top of things fairly well over the years. I now feel back under a dark cloud. 

RIP to your cat. Great animals they are.

• Like 1

Last weekend, I posed the question about whether or not face-to-face psychotherapy appointments would continue during the current crisis. Well, the answer appears to be no. In my area at least, appointments are now going to be held using phone calls instead, which is eminently sensible. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yup, starting to struggle.

Stay strong brother.

We're all experiencing things at different levels and to different degrees. But this is a shared experience that will bind this generation together, the world over, for decades to come. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Stay strong brother.

We're all experiencing things at different levels and to different degrees. But this is a shared experience that will bind this generation together, the world over, for decades to come. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

Lovely words. Thanks, bro.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Stay strong brother.

There is, and when that light comes it's going to be the brightest and most wonderful light you can imagine. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

There is, and when that light comes it's going to be the brightest and most wonderful light you can imagine. 

This.