Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Kasabian @ King Power 28th May 2016

I am ST holder and wouldn't go to a Kasabian concert even if it was free!

They're just trying to cash in on the Leicester connection. £50 doesn't sound too uncompetitive for a concert?

Why are those two statements connected?  lol  lol  lol  lol

Has there been a concert there before?

Don't think so.

Kasabian are great at what they do, but it does all go very Spinal Tap very quickly... met Tom in Duffys a few years back.. lovely bloke.. But should be a free gig to all season ticket holders and members then to the general public... or a benefit gig and the money goes to a local charity.   C'mon Leicester! Get 3 Fuching points at O/T my nerves are in bits..

And how on earth would they fund the costs of that? 

100% correct. Any later and the players will be off to their national teams for the Euro friendlies. Any earlier and it can't be organised in time.

4pm-9pm

Makes a bit more sense now then. Not ideal for all but actually suits me more if anything as I'm away the weekend after (although I'd have come back)

They're just trying to cash in on the Leicester connection. £50 doesn't sound too uncompetitive for a concert?

How are they trying to cash in, they've said for god knows how many years they wanted to play here. They can sell 50k tickets on a park nearby if they want to, they were already booked to play the ground as well.

They are massive city fans and have brought it forward to celebrate a potential win, nothing wrong with that. They'd sell 30k tickets if we were bottom.

I duno 30,000 x 50 quid a pop is £1.5m.

Kasabian the collective will be wanting to make about 30-40% margin on the gig so 600k is about right.

My mate underwrites these concerts for a living , and that's the figure he told me today , he is a United fan and thinks it's very funny the "favour" Kasabian are doing for us at 50 a pop , I'm told the booking fees are near £5 a ticket lol

How are they trying to cash in, they've said for god knows how many years they wanted to play here. They can sell 50k tickets on a park nearby if they want to, they were already booked to play the ground as well.

They are massive city fans and have brought it forward to celebrate a potential win, nothing wrong with that. They'd sell 30k tickets if we were bottom.

If it was for fellow city fans £30 a head and do it for the foundation

They don't need the cash !

Of course they are on the take here !

I don't see any giving !

They even get royalties everytime the song is played at ground

They didn't do a concert post promotion from league 1 and the championship

This has hastily been fitted in because the want a jolly up and have us all pay for the "party"

They didn't do a concert post promotion from league 1 and the championship

This has hastily been fitted in because the want a jolly up and have us all pay for the "party"

Erm :unsure: they did.

League One - De Montfort.

Championship - The massive one at Victoria Park.

I know others that will want to go. I have asked one to try and get me a ticket.

If I go it will be my first outside gih. Hard to believe but never been to any although there are loads of acts I would have liked to see over the years. Don't know much about Kasabian other than hearing one or two of their better known hits. Seen them on TV a couple of times and they don't seem too bad. At least they play instruments instead of having backing tracks and drum machines from what I have seen.

If it was for fellow city fans £30 a head and do it for the foundation

They don't need the cash !

Of course they are on the take here !

I don't see any giving !

They even get royalties everytime the song is played at ground

I think people mean they aren't cashing in on this seasons success. Of course they're going to make money but as said above, they would if we were bottom.

I'd be more inclined to ask an event manager :thumbup:

he would Have no idea what the bands personal liabilities would be to sponsors or investors etc....

The band indemnify thier potential net earnings not the events

;)

£600,000 is a lot of money for "giving" us a party

Good luck to them I suppose they are worth it

lol

I think people mean they aren't cashing in on this seasons success. Of course they're going to make money but as said above, they would if we were bottom.

This concert has been slotted in off the back of our success

They wouldn't be doing it if we were being relegated

So of course it's cashing in !

This concert has been slotted in off the back of our success

They wouldn't be doing it if we were being relegated

So of course it's cashing in !

As if they wouldn't sell out the satdium anyway though? They'd only be "cashing in" if they thought this was the only way they could sell out the venue.

Archived