Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Here's your antidote:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39248977

Read from people who've actually worked with Kanté over the years and then come back again.

do any one of them thinck he is the bes CM i the the world, because that is the point that i'm talking about. you seem to get it twisted, with you (and many others here) its even you are with us or against us. kante is a great player, but he is not as great as you might think

Just now, the fox said:

do any one of them thinck he is the bes CM i the the world, because that is the point that i'm talking about. you seem to get it twisted, with you (and many others here) its even you are with us or against us. kante is a great player, but he is not as great as you might think

I quoted the BBC article because you seem to side with an allegedly random Barcelona fan who's belittling Kanté with the "muscle over brains" comment.

When you read from and listen to people who've actually worked with the guy, you come to a completely different conclusion.

But hey ho, to everyone their bias. Right?

Following him enough to dig out his Twitter feed for you to justify your opinion.

lol,there is something called "trending" and i dont know if you heard of it or not but, if you searched for "kante" on twitter, that tweet will come up

Just now, the fox said:

lol,there is something called "trending" and i dont know if you heard of it or not but, if you searched for "kante" on twitter, that tweet will come up

Maybe it's because I don't give a toss about Twitter.

And yes, it's ultimately still your choice to forward that Twitter feed. Your choice. Your intention. Don't start diverting from that and putting the blame on Twitter. Weak move. lol

I quoted the BBC article because you seem to side with an allegedly random Barcelona fan who's belittling Kanté with the "muscle over brains" comment.

When you read from and listen to people who've actually worked with the guy, you come to a completely different conclusion.

But hey ho, to everyone their bias. Right?

did i mention that he doesn't have any football IQ? it says "Muscle over brains" not "all muscle and no brains", he has a good football IQ but more importantly he has an amazing instincts

he doesnt stand a chance against players like Iniesta and Busquets (not the same type of player btw) because their IQ is so high that he seems like just another athletic beast

Maybe it's because I don't give a toss about Twitter.

And yes, it's ultimately still your choice to forward that Twitter feed. Your choice. Your intention. Don't start diverting from that and putting the blame on Twitter. Weak move. lol

maan, you just called me an algerian barca fan, so how am i the one deflecting the point?

I said this last week and I'll say it this week, Kante is the Emporer's new clothes.

Kante is a brilliant player but all this talk about being the best midfielder in the world is over the top. In their bid to outdo each other people over exaggerate themselves and he'll be more important to his team than Messi at this rate. It's a footballing knowledge pseudo intellectual thing that if you can't see he's the best midfielder in the world you obviously don't understand the game.

Kante is absolutely brilliant and I'd have him back in a heartbeat but his new found reputation exceeds his ability in the one upmanship  for one person to lord it over the next on their understanding of the game.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

did i mention that he doesn't have any football IQ? it says "Muscle over brains" not "all muscle and no brains", he has a good football IQ but more importantly he has an amazing instincts

he doesnt stand a chance against players like Iniesta and Busquets (not the same type of player btw) because their IQ is so high that he seems like just another athletic beast

They need to think better because they're both slow as fvck (Busquets in particular), which leads to them being forced to read the game better as they get older. One false move and they're exposing their whole back four (not that Barca's defense is bad, mind).

They don't have the energy nor the complete tenacity of a player like Kanté who's still only 25 years old.

"He seems like just another athletic beast" - well, so far he's been very effective in his nearly two years in the Premier League. Whether he'll be able to replicate that on a bigger stage (with France he's shown at the World Cup that he can) is another matter.

You'd wet your pants over a Mahrez move to Barcelona. lol

staying here or moving to another english club will be better for him, but of course i want my fellow countrymen to have a successful career and boost the rep of my national team, no shame in that

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I said this last week and I'll say it this week, Kante is the Emporer's new clothes.

Kante is a brilliant player but all this talk about being the best midfielder in the world is over the top. In their bid to outdo each other people over exaggerate themselves and he'll be more important to his team than Messi at this rate. It's a footballing knowledge pseudo intellectual thing that if you can't see he's the best midfielder in the world you obviously don't understand the game.

Kante is absolutely brilliant and I'd have him back in a heartbeat but his new found reputation exceeds his ability in the one upmanship  for one person to lord it over the next on their understanding of the game.

I think the general media response so far tends in the direction of him potentially being able to become one of the best one day. I wouldn't say it's talk about him "being the best" already.

1-They need to think better which leads to them being forced to read the game better as they get older. One false move and they're exposing their whole back four (not that Barca's defense is bad, mind).

They don't have the energy nor the complete tenacity of a player like Kanté who's still only 25 years old.

"He seems like just another athletic beast" - well, so far he's been very effective in his nearly 2-two years in the Premier League. Whether he'll be able to replicate that on a bigger stage (with France he's shown at the World Cup that he can) is another matter.

1-but they still make a game changing decision (and who's the player that lost the ball and caused the goal:ph34r:)

here's another angle of that sweat play

2-my point exactly, how is he supposed to be the best if he didn't play against elite midfielders (and defeat them)

People are buying into the "let's laugh at Kanté as best (defensive) midfielder" hype like crazy and trying to compare him to greats who operate on a different level (or have been doing so for years) is far-fetched.

Busquets has a lot more experience both with Barcelona (270 matches) and Spain (close to 100) - and it shows. The understanding of the game within both squads is seamless, these guys have been knowing each other for years and play to their strengths.

In comparison, Kanté in his second year at his second PL club isn't doing too shabby, is he?

@the fox: Quoting Barcelona fans again in the space of only a few minutes? No personal tendencies there whatsoever...

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Looks like a Barca superfan/blogger. Most of his youtube videos are Rivaldo or Messi free kick compilations.

He's just another Internet Barcelona fan. He's not Spaniard IIRC. I've seen his tweets before. A lot of Internet Barca fans have no respect for players who a) dont play for them and b) never played for them. 

One has to be a colossal moron to say Kante has no brain. If Kante had no brain he'd be Lee Cattermole or Karl Henry. Kante rarely gets booked and never gets sent off because he reads the game very well. He never goes to ground because his positional sense is brilliant. But what do I know? A super Barca fan has said otherwise. 

1-People are buying into the "let's laugh at Kanté as best (defensive) midfielder" hype like crazy and trying to compare him to greats who operate on a different level (or have been doing so for years) is far-fetched.

Busquets has a lot more experience both with Barcelona (270 matches) and Spain (close to 100) - and it shows. The understanding of the game within both squads is seamless, these guys have been knowing each other for years and play to their strengths.

In comparison, Kanté in his second year at his second PL club isn't doing too shabby, is he?

@the fox: 2-Quoting Barcelona fans again in the space of only a few minutes? No personal tendencies there whatsoever...

1-i don't really think you get what i'm trying to say, i only have a problem with people calling him "the best CM in the world", kante is world class and probebly the best at what he does but he is far from bieng an elite mid like the players i mentioned before

2-loli still dont think you truly understand how twitter works (not trying to offend you or anything) i found a tweet and i linked it, its not like a real madrid fans will be raving about busquets or anything

1 minute ago, the fox said:

1-i don't really think you get what i'm trying to say, i only have a problem with people calling him "the best CM in the world", kante is world class and probebly the best at what he does but he is far from bieng an elite mid like the players i mentioned before

2-loli still dont think you truly understand how twitter works (not trying to offend you or anything) i found a tweet and i linked it, its not like a real madrid fans will be raving about busquets or anything

So is he world class or not?

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

You don't get me point which is me saying that you only appear to quote Barcelona fans on Twitter - Real Madrid has nothing to do with it. It could be any (neutral) fan, yet you choose Barcelona.

Just now, AKCJ said:

So is he world class or not?

i said it more than once, kante is world class. he's just not the best CM in the world, just like hazard and neymar are both world class but neymar is obviously the better player and that's why i like to refer to them as elite (messi, ronaldo, neymar, saurez, vidal, modric etc..)

Just now, the fox said:

i said it more than once, kante is world class. he's just not the best CM in the world, just like hazard and neymar are both world class but neymar is obviously the better player and that's why i like to refer to them as elite (messi, ronaldo, neymar, saurez, vidal, modric etc..)

Hmm... Let me guess - because he plays for Barcelona.

You don't get me point which is me saying that you only appear to quote Barcelona fans on Twitter - Real Madrid has nothing to do with it. It could be any (neutral) fan, yet you choose Barcelona.

i don't follow them and never heard of them before, the 2nd one was one of the most liked and retweeted tweets recently so the tweet will pop up at the top, nothing more, nothing less

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Behave yourself, @the fox may be wrong or he may be right in his opinions but he is anything but clueless. Every opinion I have seen him post is a perfectly reasonable assumption.

You vilified me the other day for daring to suggest than Mahrez and Vardy probably edged Kante's contribution to our title winning season. For you to completely dismiss that point of view as absurd suggests you are "impossible to reason with", not the fox.

It's pointless pundits even trying to pick "the best midfielder in the world" how can you possibly compare people across different leagues, let alone players who play in totally different ways. Kante is one of, if not the best at what he does... but what he does is totally different to most of the players people are trying to compare him against.

Some people prefer highlight players, or those whose "moments" in games win you points. Others prefer overall performance. Your point at the bottom as an example, you favour people instrumental in key moments, I personally favoured Kante as I thought he gave us not far off a 9/10 every single week and all game long. Nobody is right or wrong really.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Your reaction to Kanté being heralded is a bit OTT. You seem to acknowledge his ability, even saying he's world class, but saying he's not part of an 'elite' group of central midfielders. Well if world class isn't part of the elite, then what exactly does world class mean?
You point out that EPL fans, through that tweet you shared, value physical over tactical and technical abilities in players. Would it be fair to say you see it the other way around and consequently rate physical players lower? Two sides of the same coin, woulnd't you say?

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

It's yet another example of hyperbole-driven drivel on (social) media. I absolutely agree.
Why can't we just say Kanté is a great player and leave it at that? Why should he be ranked, compared to different types of players or even be denigrated for not having played in at elite level in Europe? We're in the QF of the CL despite being relegation-threatened in the league, so surely this pseudo-elite talk is bollocks.

Archived