Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can we come back to the question of where Spurs sit in the 'big club' league 

I had them on a par with Everton. Some said they were closer to villa

they published their accounts today

A waiting list of 63 k for season tickets !!

villa - seriously !!!

IMG_5210.thumb.PNG.0dc76acbe26df183a35373e9ed4c45b9.PNG

Westham fans jumping ship.....

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can we come back to the question of where Spurs sit in the 'big club' league 

I had them on a par with Everton. Some said they were closer to villa

they published their accounts today

A waiting list of 63 k for season tickets !!

villa - seriously !!!

IMG_5210.thumb.PNG.0dc76acbe26df183a35373e9ed4c45b9.PNG

Aston Villa have won more and have been more successful than Tottenham. So have Evetton.

Spurs are enjoying their most successful era in decades. Their current success = more fans. Give Villa a title challenge and couple of Champions League campaigns and their ST waiting list will also sky rocket. 

Newcastle get huge support and would sell out any stadium in the world. They have or has huge waiting lists for season tickets.

But have like Spurs won **** all in recent history, in terms of big clubs Spurs are in the second bracket of teams alongside Everton, Villa, Leeds and Newcastle all well supported but when was the last time one of them won anything?

3/4 are in the Championship now proving size of the club means feck all.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Newcastle get huge support and would sell out any stadium in the world. They have or has huge waiting lists for season tickets.

But have like Spurs won **** all in recent history, in terms of big clubs Spurs are in the second bracket of teams alongside Everton, Villa, Leeds and Newcastle all well supported but when was the last time one of them won anything?

That will like us in 20 years time. Loads of fans will have started to support Leicester city due to our recent success. Quite a few will stick around just like Leeds when they were successful, they have an incredible away following. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

That will like us in 20 years time. Loads of fans will have started to support Leicester city due to our recent success. Quite a few will stick around just like Leeds when they were successful, they have an incredible away following. 

Forest have won 2 European Cups but their fan base is pathetic. We've averaged more than them for the last 15 years. If we won 2 back to back CL trophies we'd quadruple our fan base. 

We already have a lot if new fans and we need to capitalise on that.

21 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Everton are bigger than the rest of those sides. The last time Everton played in the second tier it was the 1950s. 

Newcastle haven't won a major trophy since the 60s. And they've played in different divisions too. They sell out everywhere but they are a one club City, just like Leeds are.

And I don't get the obsession with Leeds either. They had a decent period between the 60s and, mainly, 70s but that's it aside from 1992 and then getting to the semis of Champions League. They haven't even played top flight football since 2004. Villa are miles bigger than Leeds.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Everton are bigger than the rest of those sides. The last time Everton played in the second tier it was the 1950s. 

Newcastle haven't won a major trophy since the 60s. And they've played in different divisions too. They sell out everywhere but they are a one club City, just like Leeds are.

And I don't get the obsession with Leeds either. They had a decent period between the 60s and, mainly, 70s but that's it aside from 1992 and then getting to the semis of Champions League. They haven't even played top flight football since 2004. Villa are miles bigger than Leeds.

Granted Villa have more major honours but the majority of them were over 100 years ago. I'm not for a second saying they 'don't count', but that was a different era completely which has no bearing on their current stature. Recently (in a time where the fans are still living), their honours are very similar. Villa obviously have spend more time in the PL this decade. Both have a huge fan bases, I would say it's hard to tell them too far apart. Villa may edge it but aren't 'miles bigger' in my opinion. While they're both relatively s***, I'll enjoy their misery. 

21 hours ago, the fox said:

i said it more than once, kante is world class. he's just not the best CM in the world, just like hazard and neymar are both world class but neymar is obviously the better player and that's why i like to refer to them as elite (messi, ronaldo, neymar, saurez, vidal, modric etc..)

All of this is down to opinion and that's yours. Mine is ACDC are the best band in the world My opinion.

But this argument is getting very fvcking boring yes my opinion but I guess a few more agree.

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

All of this is down to opinion and that's yours. Mine is ACDC are the best band in the world My opinion.

But this argument is getting very fvcking boring yes my opinion but I guess a few more agree.

Yup...one of 'em right here....

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Well they were pre 1981 - without a doubt.  Ahhh so many opinions dependent on time.

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

Well they were pre 1981 - without a doubt.  Ahhh so many opinions dependent on time.

No we will agree to disagree. Much as i love hells bells high way to hell my fave is shoot to thrill. Time has no bearing. They are timeless to me. And we like what we like.

I will argue the band but to me Fire and LSF are up with my fave acdc.

Simple for me this one. I've said it before, lots of times. Kante isn't the best midfielder in the world. He doesn't create a lot, in terms of direct assists. He can't shoot particularly well, he won't get the crowd on their feet by doing fancy flicks and tricks.

However, I think he's one of the best in the world at what he does. I've not seen many players able just to destroy opposition attacks like Kante does. Over ten yards he's lightning quick, strong, low center of gravity, fit as a fiddle and bright. He knows where to be, when to make the tackle etc.

Any team in the world would benefit from him in their side, which imo, makes him 'world class'. He would get into my world 11 team, no doubt.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Simple for me this one. I've said it before, lots of times. Kante isn't the best midfielder in the world. He doesn't create a lot, in terms of direct assists. He can't shoot particularly well, he won't get the crowd on their feet by doing fancy flicks and tricks.

However, I think he's one of the best in the world at what he does. I've not seen many players able just to destroy opposition attacks like Kante does. Over ten yards he's lightning quick, strong, low center of gravity, fit as a fiddle and bright. He knows where to be, when to make the tackle etc.

Any team in the world would benefit from him in their side, which imo, makes him 'world class'. He would get into my world 11 team, no doubt.

well said, col:thumbup:. he is world class and probably the best at what he does. 

23 hours ago, sylofox said:

and that's why i got hit with a couple days of comment restriction? i had a very valid opinion and i replied with respect, never called anyone names and never disrespect a single person but i was the only one punished for my point of view.

and for whoever restricted me, you could have at least explained to me why, not saying that you owe me a response but don't just single me out for having an opinion about football. not politics, but football. thank you in advance.

Archived