Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

I learned today our former loanee GK Stuart Taylor is at Southampton as 3rd choice keeper.

Talk about someone stealing a living from the game, he's 36 years old and has played 75 games in that time.

That includes 15 games since 2008!

Makes Conrad Logan look prolific.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Colemans sad injury will mean Everton likely on the look out for a right back come June. No doubt their list of targets will be the same as ours! 

Maybe not. We seem happy in the most part for our full back to primarily sit back and their main job is to defend. Everton like their full backs to bomb forward constantly, it's one of the biggest parts of Coleman's game. Put it like this, if we were looking to replace Simpson I doubt we'd be looking at Coleman and it's visa versa for Everton.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe not. We seem happy in the most part for our full back to primarily sit back and their main job is to defend. Everton like their full backs to bomb forward constantly, it's one of the biggest parts of Coleman's game. Put it like this, if we were looking to replace Simpson I doubt we'd be looking at Coleman and it's visa versa for Everton.

I think we will embark on a proper plan B this summer with suitable recruitment - an attacking right back who can defend (unlike RDL) would be on the list (we don't need a Simpson clone).

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

I learned today our former loanee GK Stuart Taylor is at Southampton as 3rd choice keeper.

Talk about someone stealing a living from the game, he's 36 years old and has played 75 games in that time.

He played 10 games for us, made some terrific saves but had the worst kicks I can remember. We think Kasper is often poor- this bloke used to mishit the ball out of play well inside our half.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Colemans sad injury will mean Everton likely on the look out for a right back come June. No doubt their list of targets will be the same as ours! 

No doubt Trippier will become a target for them :dry:

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

I think the saddest thing about that is that he was highly rated at Arsenal, he looked as though he could produce the business.

Wasted talent.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think we will embark on a proper plan B this summer with suitable recruitment - an attacking right back who can defend (unlike RDL) would be on the list (we don't need a Simpson clone).

But a mix of RDL and Simpson would be awesome.

But knowing our luck we would get the cvnt that can't attack or defend. Probably pay 50m for him lollol

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

But a mix of RDL and Simpson would be awesome.

But knowing our luck we would get the cvnt that can't attack or defend. Probably pay 50m for him lollol

Or get a world class player and pay 350K for him :riyad:

I know this isn't Premier League related but:

I've just seen the Championship player of the year candidates, Chris Wood and Knockaert are 2 of the 3 nominees (Gayle being the other)

Good to see! Glad they've established themselves.

5 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I know this isn't Premier League related but:

I've just seen the Championship player of the year candidates, Chris Wood and Knockaert are 2 of the 3 nominees (Gayle being the other)

Good to see! Glad they've established themselves.

Chris Wood will probably get it if he stays at the top of the goal scoring charts. I still don' think he will be able to have much impact in the Premier League, but fair play to him, he is having an incredible season.

Knockaert COULD do well in the Premier League but he will have to go up even another level and not sure he quite has it in him. More than happy to be proved wrong though :blush:

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Chris Wood will probably get it if he stays at the top of the goal scoring charts. I still don' think he will be able to have much impact in the Premier League, but fair play to him, he is having an incredible season.

Knockaert COULD do well in the Premier League but he will have to go up even another level and not sure he quite has it in him. More than happy to be proved wrong though :blush:

Knockaert has been easily the best player in the championship this season& Gayle has scored 3 less goals than wood  without taking a penalty and played 1,000 less minuets that wood.

7 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Knockaert has been easily the best player in the championship this season& Gayle has scored 3 less goals than wood  without taking a penalty and played 1,000 less minuets that wood.

Surprised Mooy isn't in the top 3. Shelvey probably wouldn't be far off if he wasn't a massive mentalist as well.

11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

1,000 less minuets?... 

Wood must be sick of dancing! 

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

the "kante is the best CM in the world" brigade after he went against world class midfielders

You not see him make an absolute mockery of Pogba a few weeks back? Had Man City's and Arsenal's midfielders in his pocket a couple of times aswell and Conte knows he is undroppable at Chelsea.. The guy keeps either Fabregas or Matic out of the team and they would both likely walk into any other team in the division.

Besides, didn't you say that Ozil was better than him? crikey

19 minutes ago, Goober said:

You not see him make an absolute mockery of Pogba a few weeks back? Had Man City's and Arsenal's midfielders in his pocket a couple of times aswell and Conte knows he is undroppable at Chelsea.. The guy keeps either Fabregas or Matic out of the team and they would both likely walk into any other team in the division.

I don't think he was specifically saying 'I told you so' (although I personally don't rate Kante that much either).

Although, it has become instantly fashionable overnight for the entire football fan community to call Kante a fraud... when they were calling him a definite POTY winner 24 hrs ago

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/fickle-football-fans-have-fallen-out-of-love-with-ngolo-kante-119286

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I don't think he was specifically saying 'I told you so' (although I personally don't rate Kante that much either).

But rather, it has become pretty much fashionable overnight for the entire football fan community to call Kante a fraud...

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/fickle-football-fans-have-fallen-out-of-love-with-ngolo-kante-119286

Yeah just noticed that he apparently had a poor game against Spain tonight? Twitter mob are all over it.

36 minutes ago, Goober said:

the same pogba that done nothing special this season?
plus, you can't be called the best if you don't perform against world class mids, the only strong CM partnership in the league is spurs's, and you know how that ended for him

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

the same pogba that done nothing special this season?
plus, you can't be called the best if you don't perform against world class mids, the only strong CM partnership in the league is spurs's, and you know how that ended for him

In fairness, you're right insomuch that it's not really possible to definitively call him the best in the world before he performs in the Champions League... but from what i've seen of him, I also fully expect him to.

Archived