Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Community Shield

Guest CityFan 06

Hopefully now it's on general sale we will be closer to selling out. We've (already) sold 20k according to the website, so we are 7k away from an actual full house in our end. 

9 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Drinking venues? Everyone just heading for the pubs north of Wembley?

Not sure Im going up from Cornwall Saturday morning I'm so keen! Not sure wherever to get hotel around Wembley or down West End or Docklands way for an evening out 

3 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Hopefully now it's on general sale we will be closer to selling out. We've (already) sold 20k according to the website, so we are 7k away from an actual full house in our end. 

really, 7k still too sell, that's even worse.

SPORTSNET STAFF   AUGUST 1, 2016, 10:04 AM

Watch Manchester United vs. Leicester City in the Community Shield from London's Wembley Stadium live on Sportsnet World and online at Sportsnet World NOW on Sunday, August 7. Coverage starts at 11:00 am ET.

Guest CityFan 06
19 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

really, 7k still too sell, that's even worse.

9 minutes ago, baker11 said:

No way will we shift 7k before the day if that is right.

I didn't notice at the time but it does mention over 20k, not 20k exactly.

On the article: "And with over 20,000 members of the Blue Army already securing their seat at the fixture, it is set to be a fantastic occasion for the Club’s supporters. 
Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/community-shield-tickets-on-general-sale-from-6pm-today-3218677.aspx#4XZpZHEPQWZZLs47.99 

No way could we have only sold 20k!? WTF is going on!? At the end of last season I was worried I was never going to be able to get tickets to a Leicester match again, 1 match later we are at Wembley against Man Utd and we've turned into Wigan Athletic 

2 hours ago, Foxed said:

But a day out at Wembley is still a day out at Wembley lol

But there is nothing (well for me anyway) glamorous about Wembley I have been to the new one quite a few times for sporting events but don't know what it is but I'm not overly bothered about this game 

I know it's the first time we are playing there but I just don't get all the hype about what I see as a glorified friendly 

Guest MattP

Only we could produce 7,000 general tickets for a fixture 5 days away that people wanted to book trains, hotels etc etc for 6 weeks ago.

Are they really that desperate to shift memberships they'll make us look ridiculous and show us with empty seats at Wembley to the nation? Sad.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Only we could produce 7,000 general tickets for a fixture 5 days away that people wanted to book trains, hotels etc etc for 6 weeks ago.

Are they really that desperate to shift memberships they'll make us look ridiculous and show us with empty seats at Wembley to the nation? Sad.

Sad ain't it its a shame so many people would have wanted to go to this and now can't 

29 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Everyone looking forward to loads of united fans being in our end then?! The club arent even selling these and they have messed up totally. Using it as a marketing ploy to get people to shell out for overpriced memberships. 

This is a possibility I would have thought. Not sure what to make of the announcemet. As usual, with any communication from our ticket office it is ambiguos and confusing.

It states a "limited" number of tickets will be available, but does not qualify this.

It states "over 20,000" have been sold already. That would imply that is is >20K but <21K?

Anyone phoning up tonight can buy up to FOUR tickets each!

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/community-shield-tickets-on-general-sale-from-6pm-today-3218677.aspx

A limited number of tickets for Leicester City’s FA Community Shield clash with Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 7 August will go on general sale from 6pm on Monday 1 August.

- Community Shield tickets on general sale from 6pm on Monday 1 August 
- Leicester City take on Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 7 August 
- Limited number of tickets available for purchase from SEE Tickets online or over the phone 

A limited number of tickets for Leicester City’s FA Community Shield clash with Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 7 August will go on general sale from 6pm on Monday 1 August. 

The Premier League champions take on the winners of the 2016 FA Cup at the famous 90,000-seater stadium in the hope of earning their second Community Shield title. 

And with over 20,000 members of the Blue Army already securing their seat at the fixture, it is set to be a fantastic occasion for the Club’s supporters. 

Tickets will be available for purchase from SEE Tickets online at www.seetickets.com/go/leicestercity or by phone by calling 0871 386 1116 or 0115 896 0268. 

Calls to the 0871 are 10p a minute plus standard network charges. Calls to the 0115 are charged at your local rate. Phone lines are open 24/7. 

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It says limited number also so who knows how many are left. 

I wouldn't say 7k is limited number

It seems unlikely that there could be as many as 7,000 left. But it is like the ticket office goes out of it's way to be deliberately vague!

43 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Everyone looking forward to loads of united fans being in our end then?! The club arent even selling these and they have messed up totally. Using it as a marketing ploy to get people to shell out for overpriced memberships. 

i've just been told that it was Susan Whelan's decision to sell via see tickets and the reason was, they felt the additional admin (ie extra wages) to sell ourselves was too high.

work that out, so they must have got a seriously good deal from see tickets, hence the fees when buying each ticket.

So they chose to rip of the fans rather than pay staff.

Guest CityFan 06

Being as it says limited tickets available, and over 20k tickets sold, we could have sold anywhere up to 23-24k, It's hard to quantify really... Just hope the potential empty seats do not get shown up too much on TV.

Trying to think positively and although different circumstances, I remember West Ham (h) last season in the cup. At one stage we sold something like 15-20k and we again we were concerned at the amount of possible empty seats, but then we ended up with an attendance in the higher twenties, if I recall correctly. Of course - different competition, opposition and ticket prices. 

I think the see tickets side of things has been fine. They are a well run, ticketing outfit. The issue has been the club and selling dates and criteria they have decided on, dragging everything out and using the sales of new memberships as ways to secure a wembley ticket. But doing it in such a way that leaves tickets available (all blocks in the top tier have tickets available) 5 days before the match.

The ideas our ticket office come up with all the time leave me dumfounded at every turn. 3 prime examples below.

1. Create a new kids gold membership but then allow no new kids onto it unless you were a family member last season (im an ST so family membership was never an option)

2. Create a package for champions league tickets (on the face of it looks fantastic as 3 for £105) what about the people that cant go to all 3, the people that dont know if they can as the draw hasn't been made.

3. The idea to sell champions league away tickets as part of a package only (to then have to back track as their idea was greeted with such distain by the fans)

Unfortunately we are the English champions on the field but our ticket office is run like its Oadby Town (apologies if Oadby town is run well ha) and they have these brainwaves and see there patting each other on the back about it.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Being as it says limited tickets available, and over 20k tickets sold, we could have sold anywhere up to 23-24k, It's hard to quantify really... Just hope the potential empty seats do not get shown up too much on TV.

Trying to think positively and although different circumstances, I remember West Ham (h) last season in the cup. At one stage we sold something like 15-20k and we again we were concerned at the amount of possible empty seats, but then we ended up with an attendance in the higher twenties, if I recall correctly. Of course - different competition, opposition and ticket prices. 

The big diffference with that is West Ham at home is easily accessible. Getting down to London and back on such notice isn't that easy unless you drive or pay the ridiculous on the day train fare.

Surely they should have seen this coming 2 weeks ago and just moved the date of General Sale, we say it 5-6 times a year but behind the scenes they really are clowns.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

The big diffference with that is West Ham at home is easily accessible. Getting down to London and back on such notice isn't that easy unless you drive or pay the ridiculous on the day train fare.

Surely they should have seen this coming 2 weeks ago and just moved the date of General Sale, we say it 5-6 times a year but behind the scenes they really are clowns.

Its a miracle we have done so well considering how poorly several areas of the club are run. We must be the only football club around that always sells out of shirts because the club don't know where they will be in a years time 

7 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

I think the see tickets side of things has been fine. They are a well run, ticketing outfit. The issue has been the club and selling dates and criteria they have decided on, dragging everything out and using the sales of new memberships as ways to secure a wembley ticket. But doing it in such a way that leaves tickets available (all blocks in the top tier have tickets available) 5 days before the match.

The ideas our ticket office come up with all the time leave me dumfounded at every turn. 3 prime examples below.

1. Create a new kids gold membership but then allow no new kids onto it unless you were a family member last season (im an ST so family membership was never an option)

2. Create a package for champions league tickets (on the face of it looks fantastic as 3 for £105) what about the people that cant go to all 3, the people that dont know if they can as the draw hasn't been made.

3. The idea to sell champions league away tickets as part of a package only (to then have to back track as their idea was greeted with such distain by the fans)

Unfortunately we are the English champions on the field but our ticket office is run like its Oadby Town (apologies if Oadby town is run well ha) and they have these brainwaves and see there patting each other on the back about it.

Pros and cons i guess, yes see tickets was able to handle the volume of traffic easier, but I prefer to be able to select my seats on our site, not just get lobbed a row and then have to decide to accept it or not. I started with row 5 and half an hour later hadn't been offered anything past row 18 so gave up and took those.

Also didn't like paying £1.80 extra per ticket they will have made 45k from that side of things, and £6.50 postage for them not to be signed for just seems a rip off.

Granted it would have taken the club longer, but at 7 quid an hour that 45k equates to about 6428 man hours, and with most people likely to buy online, I wonder if we paid see tickets at all, or just allowed them to charge the £1.80 fees, knowing the fans wouldn't ask questions, where as if the club all of a sudden had an admin fee we would have.

Archived