Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Community Shield

I'm as surprised as anyone it's not sold out but I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd bought a membership only to see it go on general sale this evening...

Screenshot_2016-08-01-13-26-30.png

People looking for tickets....

This morning i signed my mum and sister up to become club fox members... £20 each

3 hours later i rang SEE tickets got 2 tickets at £21 each 

Thats £41 to see your team at wembley.

If you really want to go that isnt very hard or expensive to do.

1 minute ago, norfolkfox222 said:

People looking for tickets....

This morning i signed my mum and sister up to become club fox members... £20 each

3 hours later i rang SEE tickets got 2 tickets at £21 each 

Thats £41 to see your team at wembley.

If you really want to go that isnt very hard or expensive to do.

You just wasted £40 quid lol 

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

You just wasted £40 quid lol 

Yes and no.... I think if this has shown anything it is that there will be some games next season that aren't as popular as this and some cup games that will mean having City Fox might just get you in. There's also the discount for the shop which will appeal for some. And the chance to upgrade next season on the priority system used this year.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Yes and no.... I think if this has shown anything it is that there will be some games next season that aren't as popular as this and some cup games that will mean having City Fox might just get you in. There's also the discount for the shop which will appeal for some. And the chance to upgrade next season on the priority system used this year.

Yeah thanks for that, I'm well aware of how it works :rolleyes:

Just now, Bayfox said:

Yeah thanks for that, I'm well aware of how it works :rolleyes:

Erm... okay? Don't think I was implying you didn't. Just stating how I justified buying mine. :thumbup:

Just now, AjcW said:

Erm... okay? Don't think I was implying you didn't. Just stating how I justified buying mine. :thumbup:

:) to be fair i paid 70 quid for 1 for my wife to help a mate get spare tickets for wembley, seems i needn't have bothered lol 

I was just making the point i'd be a bit pissed if i had done it 1 hr ago to discover if i waited till 6 i could have saved my money.

Infact I really don't get how we can't sell 27k, shows us up really, i've been offered 5 tickets on twitter last night. it's madness.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

:) to be fair i paid 70 quid for 1 for my wife to help a mate get spare tickets for wembley, seems i needn't have bothered lol 

I was just making the point i'd be a bit pissed if i had done it 1 hr ago to discover if i waited till 6 i could have saved my money.

Infact I really don't get how we can't sell 27k, shows us up really, i've been offered 5 tickets on twitter last night. it's madness.

Completely agree here, one thing that would have stopped me going if I hadn't been offered a lift was the train price though. The bastards have skyrocketed the prices for next Sunday & given that when these first went on sale everyone thought they wouldn't make it past gold I doubt anyone booked trains in advance.

Shame really. I'm pretty sure most League 1 sides have taken more than that to their play off finals! lol 

I don't believe it's the lack of fanbase. You all saw what happened on the 16th May. If we can't pull 27k out of that there is something seriously wrong mentality wise. I think it's the selling arrangements that have done it. I predict by Wednesday morning it'll be sold out.

Just now, AjcW said:

Completely agree here, one thing that would have stopped me going if I hadn't been offered a lift was the train price though. The bastards have skyrocketed the prices for next Sunday & given that when these first went on sale everyone thought they wouldn't make it past gold I doubt anyone booked trains in advance.

Shame really. I'm pretty sure most League 1 sides have taken more than that to their play off finals! lol 

Yeah I guess, most thought it would sell by gold members, with 23k season tickets, plus the box holders pulling favours no doubt.

So I guess if finances are tight then I can see why, as a season ticket holder i brought my trains as soon as we won the league :scarf: that said 2 tickets have still cost me £120 quid but i'm coming home monday so classed as peak.

Guest Mee-9

It's all these plastics. 

Yeah grab a ticket for the home games, but when they can't be arsed to travel into London.

Bloody plastics. :ph34r::ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

It's all these plastics. 

Yeah grab a ticket for the home games, but when they can't be arsed to travel into London.

Bloody plastics. :ph34r::ph34r:

But a day out at Wembley is still a day out at Wembley lol

Matches like this usually attract the plastics more than any other time. Near where I live we have a team called Truro City who usually would have an attendance of a few hundred people. When they reached the FA Vase final 16,000+ turned up for it which is pretty much the size of the City, when Plymouth Argyle reached the league 2 play offs last season they reached 27,000 within a couple of days. The way they have been sold has been the problem I reckon so many fans were lead to believe they would have no chance of getting tickets, the process of selling them has been so slow many that would have gone can not go because they never thought they stood a chance and is now too late. Its a shame but at the same time I'm glad I'm going I almost paid £200+ for a tout ticket weeks ago 

3 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

To me this is very clear from the original announcement re selling tickets for Community Shield

SELLING ARRANGEMENTS 

Tickets for Leicester City’s FA Community Shield clash with Manchester United will NOT be on sale via Leicester City Football Club, unless you are purchasing a ticket for a wheelchair user. 

Just as I said in my post of yesterday only wheelchair users could get tickets directly from the Leicester Sales Office...Everyone else has to go through Seetickets and they are very specific that you have to have a membership no to buy from them.Doesn't matter what history you have . .So as others have said buy a city fox membership which are on general sale and a match ticket for total outlay of £41......Basically the same cost of a ticket for a match at The King Power...Great value to see The Champions take on one of the "biggest "clubs in the world at Wembley.....Looking forward to my weekend in London :scarf:

No...it's clear that tickets are being sold through SEE and not the club. Doesn't say anything about selling arrangements themselves. 

They also can't be "very specific that you have to have a membership no to buy from them" - because...erm, the club have just announced they are going to be put on general sale from tonight at 6pm.

Always amazes me why people never actually read any of the info the club produces and just make up their own BS

Archived