Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Community Shield

5 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

Wembley Park is your best bet mate, walk down the road from Euston to King's Cross St. Pancras tube of Euston Square and get the metropolitan line direct and then turn left outside the station and down the main road, most pubs will be down there!

Cheers pal will have at look at how far st Pancras is from Euston then! I take it you can't get to Wembley Park from Euston? 

9 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Cheers pal will have at look at how far st Pancras is from Euston then! I take it you can't get to Wembley Park from Euston? 

You can get from Euston but you have to go to Euston Square station instead of the main Euston underground station so it's easier to just go down to St. Pancras.

1 hour ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

You can get from Euston but you have to go to Euston Square station instead of the main Euston underground station so it's easier to just go down to St. Pancras.

To go straight to Wembley from Euston your best bet by far is to walk out onto Euston road, turn right and it's about 2 minutes to Euston square station, metropolitan line straight to Wembley park.

St pancras isn't far but not as close as Euston square.

42 minutes ago, C-man said:

If this hasn't sold out, what are the Club playing at here? Less than a week to go and no information about how many left on sale, what the plan to sell them is etc. Poor.

I have emailed sales to see if I can get a definite answer to this... it is very poor with 6 days to go.

2 hours ago, C-man said:

If this hasn't sold out, what are the Club playing at here? Less than a week to go and no information about how many left on sale, what the plan to sell them is etc. Poor.

They're pretty much leaving it to Silver Members

Because they are trying to sell more silver memberships. 

Very bad as as you say we've got less than week till the game now, they should just be sold off to the rest of our fans.

I'm quite amazed tbf, I know as far as trophies go it's probably the least prestigious we will play for this season (barring that silly EFL Trophy if we bother with it) but non the less thought we'd sell out quicker than this, I was not expecting to be able to get a ticket and I've got one with ease.  

14 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Guys from the very start they have said tickets will only be sold to members, the club will not be selling any tickets with the exception of those needing wheelchair access... The tickets left are £20 and with the cost of City Fox membership of £20 to enable you ge one it's a total of  £40 for an adult ticket

Is that actually true? Here's the original tickets announcement (below)...doesn't mention anything of the sort.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/community-shield-tickets-on-sale-from-monday-3162541.aspx

In fact, I could be wrong but I don't think the club has ever said that they won't put them on general sale. They just haven't done it - presumably because they still reckon it's a good ruse to try to get people to buy memberships.

As for the 'safety' argument - I've not seen the club say that either. Just seems to be people on here making it up.

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone actually know how many members we have? Because 27,000 tickets is actually quite a lot to shift for what is essentially a friendly in early August, especially given that we only have 23,000 ST holders and lots of people will be away.

Really if any 1 whos a city fan wants to go can its not hard and not that expensive just get a city fox membership wot is £20 then get ur ticket from seetickets for £21 so all together  £41 to watch our city for the first time at the new Wembley aint bad cant believe people waiting for general sale when all they have to do is that

Just got mine. Paid for the membership last night and rang the ticket line. The bloke on the phone said the club send over new membership numbers at 9 am and then again 2pm daily. Once they receive the membership number, no problems in buying tickets (one per membership and providing tickets are still available). Only cat.4 left 

15 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Guys from the very start they have said tickets will only be sold to members, the club will not be selling any tickets with the exception of those needing wheelchair access... The tickets left are £20 and with the cost of City Fox membership of £20 to enable you ge one it's a total of  £40 for an adult ticket

Great value ! 

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

No panic over tickets , thousands unsold , memberships being flogged on the back of a wembley date 

wonder who could have predicted this 

:whistle:

As you keep saying. Quite clear the poor selling strategy is responsible for this rather than a lack of demand.

Archived