Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockkkk

Captain Morgan bottles

The good news for those that haven't got one and want one, is that there was 11,000 produced, so they are hardly limited edition.

I picked up 8 bottles today, and I am convinced that they won't be of great value in the future due to the 11,000 that are out there.

Same with the crisps, with 32,000 odd being produced, then probably 20% saved as souvenirs, it isn't wise to overpay for these "limited" products that are in good supply.

The thing that annoys me (and the only reason I bought 8 bottles), is that over the last few years you can't get shirts, tickets, programmes etc etc because new people are snapping everything up and it annoys me a tad that these people wouldn't have been interested in any of the above a few years ago. So I just bought 8 in the hope that the people that two years ago wouldn't have even bothered with anything like this will have a wasted journey to the shop to try and get some.

Help a brother out and sell me one... please? :) been high and low searching for a bottle but no luck :(

• Like 1

Tesco Narborough Road just got some in, only 6 boxes and the queue at customer services to buy was 7 people long

One per customer as well

Cheers for the tip. Just sprinted down and got 1! Only let me buy one. Asked how many left, got answers fron staff ranging from 0 to one box?

Tesco Narborough Road just got some in, only 6 boxes and the queue at customer services to buy was 7 people long

One per customer as well

Cheers for the tip. Just sprinted down and got 1! Only let me buy one. Asked how many left, got answers fron staff ranging from 0 to one box?

The good news for those that haven't got one and want one, is that there was 11,000 produced, so they are hardly limited edition.

I picked up 8 bottles today, and I am convinced that they won't be of great value in the future due to the 11,000 that are out there.

Same with the crisps, with 32,000 odd being produced, then probably 20% saved as souvenirs, it isn't wise to overpay for these "limited" products that are in good supply.

Thing is with the price is it's about the demand.. in 10+ years if unopened you can save the rum for present/wedding gift whereas giving somone a stale unopened packet of crisps doesn't really appeal.

Just been into Hinckley Morrisons, they had a delivery this morning but they're all gone

I phoned them at about 1.30 this afternoon and they told me that they hadn't had them in yet, they are now coming in Tuesday or Wednesday next weeks.

Someone's been told a lie, I dare say it was me.

When I asked "are you sure, because I've been told many different days now and nothing has materialised" they replied "yeah I know, the goalposts keep moving because it's limited edition"...what being limited edition and deliver to store has to do with anything I don't know.

I can't believe how much of a mess this whole release has been! It's absolutely mental!

I've been half way round Leicester today trying everywhere and heard different stories - places that I've heard was selling saying they haven't got any, some saying they are getting a delivery when I've heard they sold out days before, places saying they will get a delivery on a certain day and then say it never turned up - I've lost times how many people have said they heard the delivery driver has ran off with the delivery. Even went into one shop today who said they had a customer ring yesterday to ask if they had any, they said they have just had 2 cases delivered and he went in a bought both cases!

If I haven't got one by the weekend I'll just accept defeat that it's never happening lol

I can't believe how much of a mess this whole release has been!

The "West Ham way", The "Derby way" is a saying used when hoping a manager comes in and plays the style the claim to be their way.

When you hear about The "Leicester way" it's describing a monumental cock up on the merchandising way, whether that be a shirt release, merchandise, ticket sales, etc.

The ironic thing is the club shop actually got their shit together regarding the bottles this time (Apart from allowing each customer 3 bottles which is abit excessive imo).

But Morrisons Hinckley told me the bottles were coming directly from the club shop - which sounds like BS to me but still it could be a cock up on the clubs part.

The "West Ham way", The "Derby way" is a saying used when hoping a manager comes in and plays the style the claim to be their way.

When you hear about The "Leicester way" it's describing a monumental cock up on the merchandising way, whether that be a shirt release, merchandise, ticket sales, etc.

The ironic thing is the club shop actually got their shit together regarding the bottles this time (Apart from allowing each customer 3 bottles which is abit excessive imo).

But Morrisons Hinckley told me the bottles were coming directly from the club shop - which sounds like BS to me but still it could be a cock up on the clubs part.

Haha that is true and true about the shop - makes a change the club not ****ing anything up for once lol can't really blame them for the limit numbers although does seem a little excessive - because they done the first release I'm guessing they didn't imagine it would be as in demand as it is?

It does sound like BS, I think majority of shops have already sold them before they even received them with staff/friends etc so will make some BS up to stop you from questioning it further

The thing that annoys me (and the only reason I bought 8 bottles), is that over the last few years you can't get shirts, tickets, programmes etc etc because new people are snapping everything up and it annoys me a tad that these people wouldn't have been interested in any of the above a few years ago. So I just bought 8 in the hope that the people that two years ago wouldn't have even bothered with anything like this will have a wasted journey to the shop to try and get some.

*Expletive deleted*

You bought 8 to sell on eBay more like. WUM anyway and I don't believe you

One per customer as well

Thanks for the tip, I read this at 5.40 and whizzed down like a mad motorcycle courier, got there about 6 o'clock 

and got the last bottle!

Can't believe at my age that I'm so bothered about a bottle of rum, that I'm not going to drink, with a picture of Wes Morgan 

on, that to be honest, you can't really make out very well, (or is it just my eyes going?).

Co-op in Anstey has "some". Not on display, you have to ask for it & they'll fetch it from the stock room. Limited to 1 per customer to reduce the eBay effect apparently.

I'm in north Notts butt I asked my folks in Anstey last night to check out Co-ops today based on a post on here yesterday. My stepdad checked the shelves at Glenfield & Groby, nothing; then he asked at the Anstey shop & they brought him one. This was about 4.30 this afternoon.

Co-op profiteering though - £19.98

(Hope the photo works!)

IMG_4081.jpeg

Co-op in Anstey has "some". Not on display, you have to ask for it & they'll fetch it from the stock room. Limited to 1 per customer to reduce the eBay effect apparently.

I'm in north Notts butt I asked my folks in Anstey last night to check out Co-ops today based on a post on here yesterday. My stepdad checked the shelves at Glenfield & Groby, nothing; then he asked at the Anstey shop & they brought him one. This was about 4.30 this afternoon.

(Hope the photo works!)

IMG_4081.jpeg

Legend!!!

Thanks for the heads up with this one bud, went straight over soon as I seen your message and managed to get 2.

Buzzing!!! :)

(Hope the photo works!)

IMG_4081.jpeg

@@archerm