Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockkkk

Captain Morgan bottles

That's not what I said tho

I just said it favours people without a job who can go down to the store at 11 at the drop of a hat. Obviously there are people who work alternative hours, part time or could nip down on a break easily.

So what you're actually saying is that all the retailer's should have consulted you personally to find out when it was appropriate for you?

No matter how they did it, people would miss out. It doesn't mean that those who managed to get a bottle don't deserve one as much as those who didn't get one. Apart from the cnuts who stuck them on eBay at the first opportunity...

So what you're actually saying is that all the retailer's should have consulted you personally to find out when it was appropriate for you?

No matter how they did it, people would miss out. It doesn't mean that those who managed to get a bottle don't deserve one as much as those who didn't get one. Apart from the cnuts who stuck them on eBay at the first opportunity...

Yes because that's exactly what I'm saying. Both off you have jumped the gun and claimed something I am not. No they don't deserve to have one any less to someone who has a job (thought I'd clarify that even tho I never said they didn't deserve one). My frustration lies with the inability of captain morgan to deliver on what they said and as a result they have had people ringing up multiple times a day and waking up early to scout the shops.

If they had organised it better and got the bottles into stores on the Tuesday like they stated then whoever didn't get one couldn't really moan as they were warned of its arrival.

Happy days for you.

But have people thought by drip feeding no one can go in buy 200 bottles and make a killing.

I doubt there's much profit in selling them now. You'll always get the odd moron who gets over excited at auction but the bottle aren't that rare.

I doubt there's much profit in selling them now. You'll always get the odd moron who gets over excited at auction but the bottle aren't that rare.

they're seemingly all still going for £40+ on eBay an they're the ones with 3 or 4 days left. if you've got two you'll be looking at probably a ton profit by the weekend. not bad just for going the shop.

While it is hard to get them they will be.

Come exams new year 50% will be opened.

Was just wondering, bearing in mind I was slated by a few morons in here for daring to say that touting isn't just at an everton match at the end of a great season, how many of you slaters will be halfway down saffron lane June 10th, looking to pay a fortune from same said touts to see Elton john at the cricket ground. Or bought them just to sell? Or more than that, bought shed loads of captain Morgan rum from the kp to just probably sell on eBay some day for a nice profit? Knowing there were 100s in that queue that couldn't buy a single bottle because those in front bought 3, maybe for a mate who never even went to a match. I've not seen one topic put up about that here. Strange! Esp from the clowns with their touts out banner up. Just thought I would mention it.

Was just wondering, bearing in mind I was slated by a few morons in here for daring to say that touting isn't just at an everton match at the end of a great season, how many of you slaters will be halfway down saffron lane June 10th, looking to pay a fortune from same said touts to see Elton john at the cricket ground. Or bought them just to sell? Or more than that, bought shed loads of captain Morgan rum from the kp to just probably sell on eBay some day for a nice profit? Knowing there were 100s in that queue that couldn't buy a single bottle because those in front bought 3, maybe for a mate who never even went to a match. I've not seen one topic put up about that here. Strange! Esp from the clowns with their touts out banner up. Just thought I would mention it.

Nobody could buy "shed loads" from the KP,because it was limited to 3 per customer.I admit i bought 3 and put 1 on ebay at cost price(£15).What happens after that is out of the seller's hands.

Nobody could buy "shed loads" from the KP,because it was limited to 3 per customer.I admit i bought 3 and put 1 on ebay at cost price(£15).What happens after that is out of the seller's hands.

Hang on, you buy two bottles for yourself, fair game, but then buy a bottle and then go on ebay, spend time listing it, taking a photo / all that jazz and then sell it on for no profit. What was the point in that if you don't mind my asking?

I didn't say i didn't expect to make a profit.Put it up for £15 starting price.If it didn't sell then it didn't and i'd have had to pay the fee's.But as a collector of whisky i was fairly sure it would.To be honest i Can't be doing with these people starting the bidding at £60 or £70 a bottle.Just put it up with what you paid for it and let people decide if it's worth it.

Edited by PAULCFC

I have been visiting at least 3 Tesco's everyday since Saturday. Even at 6am yesterday and today. and at 6pm after work. Not been able to get 1. They should have just left it at King Power and limit it to 1 per customer. 

They would have to be pretty keen Although a little idiotic for touts to be there for people to buy tickets from the day before the concert actually happens also unlike football tickets it's not illegal to sell on concert tickets regardless of how people feel About it, it's like comparing apples and oranges and until the rulings are enforced we have to face the fact it happens up and down the country and even around the world on a daily basis

Anyway moving on I was in the queue at the stadium on the Saturday I was about 30th in line, as already stated you couldn't buy "shed loads" as it was limited to just 3, when I entered the store there was a manager type member of staff (I.e not a normal attired club shop worker) handing out without asking the bottles to people 3 at a time

I didn't say i didn't expect to make a profit.Put it up for £15 starting price.If it didn't sell then it didn't and i'd have had to pay the fee's.But as a collector of whisky i was fairly sure it would.To be honest i Can't be doing with these people starting the bidding at £60 or £70 a bottle.Just put it up with what you paid for it and let people decide if it's worth it.

Or you could stop being a **** and let someone else actually try and buy the bottle for £15. It is rum not whisky by the way.

• Like 2