Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockkkk

Captain Morgan bottles

Precisely, anyone who buys a bottle from the club store especially and then puts it on ebay so Roger McDonald from Chichester who's never even visited Leicester can get one for his vintage Rum and Whiskey collection. Ridiculous, leave some for us fellow foxes instead of being greedy and trying to profiteer.*

*disclaimer, if your name is roger mcdonald and happen to live in chicester, and also happened to have bought a bottle of captain wes morgan from ebay, after it was bought from someone in the leicester club shop, understand that this was my best effort in making up a name and is not meant personally.

Edited by smr

I didn't say i didn't expect to make a profit.Put it up for £15 starting price.If it didn't sell then it didn't and i'd have had to pay the fee's.But as a collector of whisky i was fairly sure it would.To be honest i Can't be doing with these people starting the bidding at £60 or £70 a bottle.Just put it up with what you paid for it and let people decide if it's worth it.

Tell that to the two elderly ladies who have been city fans since the 60s who had queued outside shop every day over the bank holiday to try and get a bottle who looked absolutely gutted they couldn't get just one

But yeah I'm sure they are happy for a willy puller collector to sell it on for a profit

To be fair, if you need to look at a bottle of rum with Wes' face on to remember what a great season this has been...

Supply and demand insists that there will always be people looking to profit from limited edition runs of X or Y product - whether that is limited edition sneakers (Yeezy anyone?), trading cards, vinyl records, etc.

Whilst I can understand people being annoyed, people shouldn't really be particularly surprised this has happened - it's an everyday occurrence.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them push out another batch anyway - it's hardly a huge effort to do another run of stickers for the bottles.

I work nights at morrisons Hinckley will hide a bottle for you when they come in.

Hide me one to ;) just put a couple at the back on the normal Captain Morgan's on the shelve and I will hide a crisp five pound note in the same place ;)

Been informed that Co-Op in Scraptoft had them, a mate who works local to it text to ask if I wanted one although already purchased myself, I cannot confirm if this was a wind up as nothing was said after I refused however, I heard they were only Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. If it was the truth then comments above stating they are to be in Co-Op is spot on