Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

another school shooting

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Shame he couldn't be fvcked to do it when he decided footage of him handing over an Arsenal shirt was what the world needed to see instead.

Ain't it just.

Piers Morgan is one of the greatest cvnts of out time. Absolute bum-licking melt who only does what benefits himself.

The guy is a disgusting piece of shit.

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

One of the benefits of modern day social media: the children directly involved in this terrible thing able to call out their elected representatives directly for their inaction and hypocrisy and the platform meaning people notice this.

https://twitter.com/sarahchad_/status/964370128396722177

Unfortunately their elected representatives won't give a shit. I bet Marco Rubio slept just fine on the night of the shooting.

These cvnts have been bought by the NRA's money and don't give a shit about the life of a few kids. 

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Defence team are exploring whether he was autistic and had any undetected mental health issues.

Of course. M'Naughten is the only way they're going to stop him spending the next few decades on death row.

Just now, lifted*fox said:

Unfortunately their elected representatives won't give a shit. I bet Marco Rubio slept just fine on the night of the shooting.

These cvnts have been bought by the NRA's money and don't give a shit about the life of a few kids. 

Yeah, that's true - but the more they get called out for it, the better possibility there might be for such things to change.

It's fun to see 9 out of 10 replies to most of the reps responses to this incident being the amount of money they've taken from the NRA.

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Defence team are exploring whether he was autistic and had any undetected mental health issues.

There are few things which annoy me more than this.

There is absolutely nothing in an Autistic Spectrum Disorder which would make someone behave like the killer has.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Buce said:

There are few things which annoy me more than this.

There is absolutely nothing in an Autistic Spectrum Disorder which would make someone behave like the killer has.

Probably nothing directly, but someone who suffers from autism will be at risk of feeling isolated and being bullied at school and could harbour feelings of resentment and frustration. Obviously there is a massive leap from that to shooting up a school, but it would be niave to dismiss any possible link, even if small and indirect.

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Probably nothing directly, but someone who suffers from autism will be at risk of feeling isolated and being bullied at school and could harbour feelings of resentment and frustration. Obviously there is a massive leap from that to shooting up a school, but it would be niave to dismiss any possible link, even if small and indirect.

There are lots of reasons someone might feel isolated at school, none of which would be any kind of defence. To even suggest that ASD might be a mitigating factor or in any way relevant is offensive and a slur on anyone with the condition.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

There are lots of reasons someone might feel isolated at school, none of which would be any kind of defence. To even suggest that ASD might be a mitigating factor or in any way relevant is offensive and a slur on anyone with the condition.

I don't agree with it either, but I can see why the defence team is using it in this case - because quite frankly it's the only option they have to avoid a death penalty conviction.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I don't agree with it either, but I can see why the defence team is using it in this case - because quite frankly it's the only option they have to avoid a death penalty conviction.

Apparently they're more vulnerable when they are in uncertain and uncomfortable situations, and that they're more suspectible to feeling suicidal in such unsafe situations they're not familiar with - so his defence will need to outline his autism for this reason, for the court over there to consider what's the best way of dealing with him (which is similar to the alleged British hacker Laurie Love).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently they're more vulnerable when they are in uncertain and uncomfortable situations, and that they're more suspectible to feeling suicidal in such unsafe situations they're not familiar with - so his defence will need to outline his autism for this reason, for the court over there to consider what's the best way of dealing with him (which is similar to the alleged British hacker Laurie Love).

Yeah, this is true.

That being said, the "insanity defence" (M'Naughten) rarely works no matter what the defence do with it.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, on the balance of it you're likely right - eepecially if the white supremacist stuff is proven true and the hate crime angle comes into play.

Nikolas Cruz? Hispanic surely? Or do they become white as soon as they shoot up a school? 

If he is a white supremacist he has a strange dress sense.

IMG_20180216_171846.jpg

It seems to me that no amount of mass shootings are going to convince law abiding 2nd amendment lovers to forfeit that right. 

The politics and practicality of banning or phasing out guns is incredibly difficult. 

Therefore the way to implement a better system is to focus on why people believe in the second amendment and to hone in on what makes people believe a tyrannical government is likely. Personally I feel there is not enough transparency which may cause this paranoia however I'm not sure. 

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nikolas Cruz? Hispanic surely? Or do they become white as soon as they shoot up a school? 

IMG_20180216_171846.jpg

The leader of the militia he was allegedly part of seems to think he was one of the gang - posted it a little while before but I'll do so again here:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/374050-white-supremacist-group-leader-claims-florida-school-shooter-was

Of course, it isn't confirmed how much of that is true yet.

5 minutes ago, Benguin said:

It seems to me that no amount of mass shootings are going to convince law abiding 2nd amendment lovers to forfeit that right. 

The politics and practicality of banning or phasing out guns is incredibly difficult. 

Therefore the way to implement a better system is to focus on why people believe in the second amendment and to hone in on what makes people believe a tyrannical government is likely. Personally I feel there is not enough transparency which may cause this paranoia however I'm not sure. 

I think you're honing in on national psyche there, tbh. The US was formed out of rebellion against a government, and so that same mistrust of government is almost always going to be there - that's one of the big reasons why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place, I would posit.

Changing that idea...I've no idea how I would start doing that.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think you're honing in on national psyche there, tbh. The US was formed out of rebellion against a government, and so that same mistrust of government is almost always going to be there - that's one of the big reasons why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place, I would posit.

Changing that idea...I've no idea how I would start doing that.

Yeah it seems whatever angle you take it is a monumental headache.

1 minute ago, Benguin said:

Yeah it seems whatever angle you take it is a monumental headache.

Absolutely.

Think I said a few pages back that no matter what route is taken from here there's going to be blood on the floor. The best thing that can be done is to find and choose the course that results in the least.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely.

Think I said a few pages back that no matter what route is taken from here there's going to be blood on the floor. The best thing that can be done is to find and choose the course that results in the least.

Tongue in cheek warning.

Maybe they could try putting pictures of gun crime victims on guns, similar to the smoking equipment here.

41 minutes ago, MattP said:

IMG_20180216_171846.jpg

That picture is not the guy - there’s been a huge amount of misinformation. 

The tshirt is also parodying left idiogly.  Note the jaunty angle of those party hats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Helps that the President has already claimed mental health was the issue.

Don’t you need a unanimous jury to apply the death penalty? 

Edit: You didn’t until recently, laws been changed:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-execution-law/florida-tightens-death-penalty-law-to-require-unanimous-jury-recommendation-idUSKBN16L07F

This could be the trial of the century this; it will certainly pose a lot of moral questions inside all of us that are difficult to answer. 

The fact it will be in Florida, a state that has been strong in views anti gun control and for capital punishment, adds to the intrigue.

Do the two views suddenly have conflicting interests over each other and if so does that sway which way a Florida jury would lean? Could that mean an insanity or dismissed responsibility verdict defence could some how come off? 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Helps that the President has already claimed it was mental health related. 

Don’t you need a unanimous jury to apply the death penalty? 

In Florida you do, yeah (as far as I remember the only state where it isn't needed is Oregon, where 11/12 is enough). And they have to be death-qualified, too.

Edited by leicsmac

Some of the comments you read from the US about what to do in the aftermath.. some suggest arming teachers? What typical American logic that is "Another tragic shooting has occurred, let's buy more guns". 

Stopped arguing with them on social media, they as so blind to it and will not listen to reason that gun laws will be one of the greatest things to happen to America.

His presence had been known to local authorities, including the school he was expelled/suspended from for some time.

But, the only way to try and prevent this terrible event from happening is to monitor these vulnerable people (those with mental health problems, this individual was on medication for 'managing his emotions' apparently) who could potentially turn into a mass killer if certain measures via tracking aren't implemented in some way imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

You Know what!! I have No Feeling or Empathy  towards,any of the shooters.

For me ,Fry 'em

My tears,my emotions any thoughts goes to the victims and families.

Jesus..17 Young innocent people,blown away because another  toe-rag,couldnt Hack it,

and again went on a Blame-rage,instead of manning Up....They are mardy Bastards,

who have No Control of themselves.

There are No mitigating circumstance.....they are all evil,because their simple Desire

to organise their special day, Not on the Spur of the Moment,but calculated days and hours,

to plan Mass murder........fry 'em...

Or follow the "right to bear arms ,"

If any Relations of the victims believe It,

Put the accussed against a Wall,

Let the Relations Form a firing Squad...No target over the Heart.

Problem solved!!!

Wicked aint I..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1