Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Islam Slimani

The epic victory of this season’s Premier League trophy is still very fresh in Leicester’s mind. At KP stadium however, the focus is already on the transfer market. A name that’s on the very top of Claudio Ranieri’s shopping list is that of Islam Slimani, the striker from Sporting Lisbon. The Algerian could be signed by the reigning champs independently of Vardy’s decision to stay in Leicester or to join Arsenal. Speaking in regards of a possible Slimani signing, Sporting’s manager Jorge Jesus said: “Vardy was this year’s revelation, people say that Slimani wouldn’t be able to play for Leicester, but I disagree. In England if he is guided by a manager who knows a lot about football, he can score double the goals Vardy does”.

@EddieBenedetti

The epic victory of this season’s Premier League trophy is still very fresh in Leicester’s mind. At KP stadium however, the focus is already on the transfer market. A name that’s on the very top of Claudio Ranieri’s shopping list is that of Islam Slimani, the striker from Sporting Lisbon. The Algerian could be signed by the reigning champs independently of Vardy’s decision to stay in Leicester or to join Arsenal. Speaking in regards of a possible Slimani signing, Sporting’s manager Jorge Jesus said: “Vardy was this year’s revelation, people say that Slimani wouldn’t be able to play for Leicester, but I disagree. In England if he is guided by a manager who knows a lot about football, he can score double the goals Vardy does”.

@EddieBenedetti

Jorge Jesus sells used cars !

Guest CityFan 06

Ideal striker to bring into the club if he did come, and probably one of the best forwards we've been linked with. I think we'd all be a bit more reassured if this chap came in, considering Vardy is looking highly likely to move on now.

If we replace Vardy with Slimani and Musa I'd be fairly content!

We'd still need another forward. Slimani is more of a replacement for Shinji/Ulloa in the starting 11. So we'd need a third striker to compete with Musa.

The Sporting boss told GianlucaDiMarzio.com: “Vardy was this year’s revelation, people say that Slimani wouldn’t be able to play for Leicester, but I disagree

-----

Interesting comment. Who has said that Slimani wont be able to play for Leicester? Is this an indirect way of saying he's on the way here? I know I'm jumping to conclusion..

Guest CityFan 06

The Sporting boss told GianlucaDiMarzio.com: “Vardy was this year’s revelation, people say that Slimani wouldn’t be able to play for Leicester, but I disagree

-----

Interesting comment. Who has said that Slimani wont be able to play for Leicester? Is this an indirect way of saying he's on the way here? I know I'm jumping to conclusion..

No No it's alright, I thought this too, @@Koke. The link came to me immediately when I read it as well. Like you said it's interesting, but difficult to distinguish if it could've just been more of a general comment. I think it probably was.

Slimani yes please. Musa no, I'm basing this on Youtube but he looks utter wank, a real headless chicken.

Agreed, we already have Schlupp for that!

Archived