Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

8 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Got a couple of good trading methods that I used last night, made 25k on the web app in a couple of hours last night. Nothing else really to do now my trail has ran out

Share with the Foxestalk family then... 

Pissed off I've only recieved 500 coins in the past two days from the free daily gifts 

Haha, mainly just converting players. Was doing mainly CM's so for example I was getting CDM>CM cards for about 1,300 then buying Xabi Alonso for 1.7k and after converting sold for 4.5k so what like 1.3k profit after tax. Doesn't work with all players but there are some really good ones

must say it is a bit of a ball acke but if you have time on your hands and are a hardcore FIFA player it's pretty decentlol

Optimistic about the lack of negativity. 

Need opinions; I'm a very casual gamer but do like the look of this and do need another DVD player in the house. Do I buy on PS3 (already have one) or is it worth shelling out £300 for a ps4 and the game, given it then puts  my old console on my bedroom for films? 

Go!

11 minutes ago, sdb said:

Optimistic about the lack of negativity. 

Need opinions; I'm a very casual gamer but do like the look of this and do need another DVD player in the house. Do I buy on PS3 (already have one) or is it worth shelling out £300 for a ps4 and the game, given it then puts  my old console on my bedroom for films? 

Go!

PS4. 

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Buying a PS3 as anything other than a DVD player/media centre is pointless, the companies put so little effort into making the games worth while for the old gen... buy a PS4 you won't regret it

Agree with this, am an Xbox player myself but have seen comparisons of games from previous gen and next gen and the difference is ridiculous. £300 is a lot but I'm sure they are available for cheaper and it is worth it if you'll play it

Thoughts after the trial:

Like attacking, hate defending. 

Through balls are back but without being "overpowered" again. In the last version they were pointless, in the one before they worked every time, it seems now there's a good balance.

Build up play is fun, player physics and handling seem much more fluid, the whole thing feels less clunky. Am enjoying myself.

Defending (maybe because of the above) has gone to shit, however. Positioning? Forget about it. My players are absolutely all over the place, the AI is awful.

I've had to resort of 532 just to stop people waltzing through me.

Some of it is me being shit, of course, but it's going to take a lot of adjustment.

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Through balls are back but without being "overpowered" again. In the last version they were pointless, in the one before they worked every time, it seems now there's a good balance.

Build up play is fun, player physics and handling seem much more fluid, the whole thing feels less clunky. Am enjoying myself.

Defending (maybe because of the above) has gone to shit, however. Positioning? Forget about it. My players are absolutely all over the place, the AI is awful.

Some of it is me being shit, of course, but it's going to take a lot of adjustment.

what's it like with the keepers? I found on 16 that keepers would come out ridiculously quick even though the fastest strikers would be favourite for the ball and you could do nothing about it 

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

what's it like with the keepers? I found on 16 that keepers would come out ridiculously quick even though the fastest strikers would be favourite for the ball and you could do nothing about it 

Just balanced.

In 16 they used goalkeepers as a safety net in case you got a through ball past a defender so you could almost never put your striker through one on one without either an absolute miracle or by being a god at weighting your passes  with the assists turned off.

Now it's just about right. Even without using the new threaded ball, your strikers make sensible runs and you can pick them out with a well timed through ball.

Spamming them from everywhere will still see them intercepted by defenders as you'd expect.

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just balanced.

In 16 they used goalkeepers as a safety net in case you got a through ball past a defender so you could almost never put your striker through one on one without either an absolute miracle or by being a god at weighting your passes  with the assists turned off.

Now it's just about right. Even without using the new threaded ball, your strikers make sensible runs and you can pick them out with a well timed through ball.

Spamming them from everywhere will still see them intercepted by defenders as you'd expect.

How do you do this new through ball thing? Anyone played seasons or with Leicester yet.. I don't want to play a game in case I come up against some sweaty kid playing with Real and just giving the ball to Ronaldo.

Two minor issues with The Journey: The squads aren't up-to-date yet (at least not with ours) and there's one scenario where you fill in for another player, only for the allegedly injured teammate miraculously making an unexpected comeback (kit in the changing room and physical appearance) when he actually shouldn't at all! lol 

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

How do you do this new through ball thing? Anyone played seasons or with Leicester yet.. I don't want to play a game in case I come up against some sweaty kid playing with Real and just giving the ball to Ronaldo.

Lb + Y. It's like a more swept, side foot through ball with a bit of curve on it that loops a bit in front of your runner. It also bobbles a little to hold it up.

Sounds weird but it'll make sense when you do it.

Takes a split second longer to execute than a normal through ball so it's a move to do when you've got a bit of space and you recognise a gap. Makes it an odd thing to put in FIFA really given its played at break neck speed.

Also worth pointing out that normal through balls are still pretty effective in themselves.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Interesting personally I think the defending is great and a lot better than previous FIFA's I'm conceding a lot less goals and my defenders can catch fast strikers and slide to perfection

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Is pro club any different? Retired my fifa 16 pro, wish I could carry him into the new game. 

totally different seems so much better than 16 , and i hated it on there!

only played few games , but AI is better at defending , love the way you progress now aswell , if you shoot a lot and dont pass , you could have like 90 shooting but 20 passing xD

so what you do in game relates to what you improve on :)

7 minutes ago, Stretters91 said:

totally different seems so much better than 16 , and i hated it on there!

only played few games , but AI is better at defending , love the way you progress now aswell , if you shoot a lot and dont pass , you could have like 90 shooting but 20 passing xD

so what you do in game relates to what you improve on :)

This is great news. Hopefully (at least for the early stages), it means people will actually pass instead of taking on entire teams. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Tried the obvious reinstall it?

I haven't, but i'm having the same problem with the web app so I imagine it's there's something more to it. I'll try it after posting this.

My EA Access trial expired last night straight after a game finished. Didn't even get back to the menu. I've posted the problem on the forums and another lad has said the same thing has happened to him. He got a DNF which is an instant loss and it means that you get less coins for games now and he can't do anything with the players that were in the active squad (First team, bench and reserve).

Archived