Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

2 hours ago, chuck'em said:

We're having a nightmare with our move. The first buyer pulled out with about 2 weeks to go and then we found a second buyer quickly who is a cash buyer, apparently has loads of properties he rents out. Move day was meant to be Thursday this week but now he's dragging out the exchange, saying he needs us out of the house before exchanging contracts. Obviously we can't do this as we can't move into the new house until the exchange and money is all finalised.

Has anyone encountered this before? 

No, he needs to complete before he can start dictating what you do in your own house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chuck'em said:

We're having a nightmare with our move. The first buyer pulled out with about 2 weeks to go and then we found a second buyer quickly who is a cash buyer, apparently has loads of properties he rents out. Move day was meant to be Thursday this week but now he's dragging out the exchange, saying he needs us out of the house before exchanging contracts. Obviously we can't do this as we can't move into the new house until the exchange and money is all finalised.

Tell him to do one, completely unreasonable demand, do not be pressurised.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes I have experience of unreasonable wankers, you should reject his offer and tell him to duck right off. Yes 

I would love to but we've got a house waiting for us, all my stuff is in and it'll be another 3 months if we have to find a new buyer. His new trick today is to stop answering his phone to anyone. I'm ****ing furious with this ****. We've somehow managed to find the only two buyers who don't seem to actually want to buy a house. 

4 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

I would love to but we've got a house waiting for us, all my stuff is in and it'll be another 3 months if we have to find a new buyer. His new trick today is to stop answering his phone to anyone. I'm ****ing furious with this ****. We've somehow managed to find the only two buyers who don't seem to actually want to buy a house. 

Is he Indian or Pakistani?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2019 at 18:35, chuck'em said:

A very odd request. No rational for him wanting this.

However, you could exchange and complete the same day. Is this an option for you? 

30 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Looking at a new build, we’ve chosen the house and negotiated having flooring, fences and turf put down. 

Has anyone else got any experience buying new build that, might have any tips or things to look out for before I hand over my deposit tomorrow?

I’ve recently moved into my new build and I couldn’t be happier, as it’s a fairly big builder in William Davis they have been more than reasonable in any issues we’ve had and have even provided training on alarms,plumbing etc. Any snagging they’ve been straight on as well. You shouldn’t have any issues assuming your builder doesn’t go bust which happened to me the last time I purchased a new build!

One thing You should be aware of though are service charges, councils are less keen to adopt land and so there is likely to be a service charge per annum, I know this is the case in Sorrel, Rothley and Shepshed. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Looking at a new build, we’ve chosen the house and negotiated having flooring, fences and turf put down. 

Has anyone else got any experience buying new build that, might have any tips or things to look out for before I hand over my deposit tomorrow?

Ask what comes with it. I basically got nothing, including grass in my back garden lol as long as you know that’s the case then fine.

Is it one of the first on the estate or are people already living there? If the later, knock on a door to find out about any issues.

Oh, check about broadband. I’ve been in there three years and only had superfast for less than a month.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ask what comes with it. I basically got nothing, including grass in my back garden lol as long as you know that’s the case then fine.

I remembered reading that on this thread, they said Turf was included. However flooring wasn’t but we’ve negotiated that to be included as well as cash back for Stamp Duty.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is it one of the first on the estate or are people already living there? If the later, knock on a door to find out about any issues.

Oh, check about broadband. I’ve been in there three years and only had superfast for less than a month.

Great, thanks that’s the kind of thing I wouldn’t have thought of :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I’ve recently moved into my new build and I couldn’t be happier, as it’s a fairly big builder in William Davis they have been more than reasonable in any issues we’ve had and have even provided training on alarms,plumbing etc. Any snagging they’ve been straight on as well. You shouldn’t have any issues assuming your builder doesn’t go bust which happened to me the last time I purchased a new build!

One thing You should be aware of though are service charges, councils are less keen to adopt land and so there is likely to be a service charge per annum, I know this is the case in Sorrel, Rothley and Shepshed. 

I’ll ask about the service charges, thanks for that. Again something I hadn’t considered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I remembered reading that on this thread, they said Turf was included. However flooring wasn’t but we’ve negotiated that to be included as well as cash back for Stamp Duty.

Nice that they are willing to flex. Mine weren’t in the slightest. What builder is it?

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice that they are willing to flex. Mine weren’t in the slightest. What builder is it?

Davidson’s homes.

Weve only met the marketing team so far though, they might be different once they have us committed. However first impressions were very good.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ah good stuff, try not to trust them though as they are on mega commission lol 

Yeah lol

Its easy to get carried away with the trust but I’m naturally mistrusting of everyone. My wife is way too trusting and would be shit at poker, she gives her excitement away without a thought of how it will effect negotiations later. 

52 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah lol

Its easy to get carried away with the trust but I’m naturally mistrusting of everyone. My wife is way too trusting and would be shit at poker, she gives her excitement away without a thought of how it will effect negotiations later. 

Haha you sound like me and your wife sounds like my other half.

I don’t regret buying a new build but we did have issues. Be prepared for them to bully you into exchanging quickly which will be stressful if you have another house to sell.

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha you sound like me and your wife sounds like my other half.

I don’t regret buying a new build but we did have issues. Be prepared for them to bully you into exchanging quickly which will be stressful if you have another house to sell.

Fortunately we sold our house in the summer and are just renting until we found what we wanted.

Im not sure I could cope with moving in one day, we taken on this rent 3 weeks before we exchanged our old house and I was still moving things out the day before we handed over the keys.

I might be bullying them into completing earlier ?

Nothing the sales people told you will happen unless it is in the contract you sign tomorrow; so go in with the things you have agreed as a checklist and don’t sign unless they are all there in writing.

Always ask for a bigger patio - you get sod all normally.

Side gate and pathway?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Strokes said:

It’s all fairly easy. No need to worry on anything. And if anything goes wrong they put it all right after a phone call. 

If prices are reasonable it’s better they put the extras in so it saves you all the hassle. Just look at exactly what you are buying as it’s just like buying anything, price quality etc. 

Edited by Rob1742

11 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

That's not strictly true it's normally the parish council that look after and maintain your green space. Our parish council actually wanted to take ours on. But due to the fact the builders have already put these contracts in place and the maintenance company are making money for nothing they hardly ever sell out.

We had our 2nd annual bill last month. They are charging £217 per month for an inspection. Which involves 1 man with a clip board turning up. Checking nothing is wrong and ****ing off after half an hour lol

11 hours ago, Strokes said:

Check about the Aerial as well. We asked and got told yes it was an internal one in the loft. What they meant was the cables are there. No Aerial.

Not ideal when you plug the tv in and there's **** all. Especially when you have agreed to everyone coming round to watch the game the next day lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Strokes said:

Davidson’s homes.

Weve only met the marketing team so far though, they might be different once they have us committed. However first impressions were very good.

One of the better builders out there, they do build some lovely houses not like the usual template you see through most new builds.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

One of the better builders out there, they do build some lovely houses not like the usual template you see through most new builds.

Yeah that’s what attracted us, it’s never going to be unique being a new build but they have such a variety of templates it’s not ike the usual legoland estates.