Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's bollocks surely? By giving you low contracted hours and then always giving you overtime they're doing you out of money when you take annual leave and maybe sickness (if you get sick pay etc.)

I'd be trying to find regular employment on more contracted hours, but obviously I don't know the full circumstances, they may pay really well for example or only doing 22.5 hours some weeks may suit your lifestyle.

Goodluck either way:thumbup:

Pay is basic wage, manament are good to be honest its the people above them that are ****, but have been at the place for over 10 years and the manament have always been good to me trying to find loop holes in to give me extra hours etc. 

But thanks need all the luck. However, just feels crap at time when me the wife are trying so hard just for someone to give is a chance.

I'm very surprised that they'll not lend due to your hours being below 40, certainly not disbelieving you at all but I've a couple of friends who bought houses and work part time. And pre Covid lenders used to take a proportion of over time if it was regular, like shift allowance etc. Is definitely speak to an independent broker for advice. 

5 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Well - two asking price offers knocked back and then bag the latest one at £25k under this morning...! i i did some number crunching it was as much as i was comfortable going to with the work that would need to be done..

It was the nicest out of the three too when i really think about it, bur, i didn't think we could get it at the right price...!

It needs a fair amount of work, but, we can move in, drop our bags and be very comfortable in the shorter term... it's a beautiful detached Victorian place with a garage and lovely west facing garden on a really nice street! Genuinely couldn't be happier!

So relieved that we appear to be making progress!

Great news, mate.

What a week!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Great news, mate.

What a week!!

Thank you…. I really feel it when I see others post on here….  It’s been lovely to hear people’s triumphs…  It’s a big deal!!!  This has been 18 months in the making (long story as to why!)…. I will finally believe it when I get given the keys I think!

Oh wow…. I’m not generally prone to stress, but, felt my shoulders tightening this week….  I am so pleased 

I can even walk to the footy (in about 45 minutes!!!)

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

The people i'm buying my house from are selling through Strike (An online estate agent). An instant messenger service comes as part of their viewings booking service so that the vendor can speak directly to the potential buyers, which is brilliant for that as you don't have to go through a middle man. But it's become infuriating now that the sale price has been agreed. The vendors are pestering me late at night on the messenger service asking if I've sent certain documents to their estate agents, asking if the sale of my house has gone through, asking how i'm getting on with sorting out a mortgage and a solicitor etc...

They are messaging me because their estate agents are really hard to get hold of, and also because at the time they are messaging me, the agents are closed for the day (it was 11pm last night when they last messaged me). Everything they're pestering me for can be asked to their estate agents, that's what they're being paid for afterall!

It's got to the point where i just want to tell them to **** off and stop pestering me for information they can get from their estate agents, but i don't want them to start getting arsey with me for doing so.  

After this move, i'm never buying another house again!!!

So.

We are finally all ready to exchange with our buyers of our flat. The house we are buying, the sellers are waiting on a new build. When we offered on their house in June, we were told their new build was almost ready. Well it's not, and every month it seem it gets pushed back, now the development company is saying December, but it will likely be even more. They want us to exchange with them now and just wait for their ****ing house to be finished.

Our buyers now are understandably not willing to wait with us and have asked if we will move out. I don't think it's fair that we should move out when we are all ready to move and it's them holding this up. I have asked them to move out while they wait for their new build, but of I'm sure they will refuse.

We are considering dropping our offer even though we are in love with the house, paid for full survey etc. There is a house on the same road that is empty and chain free, needs a lot more work, but ultimately could be a great house.

Ugh, I just don't think this is fair on us or our buyers. I get that they have 3 kids, but why should us and our buyers be ****ed because of their issue? They should move out.

Edited by z-layrex

19 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

So.

We are finally all ready to exchange with our buyers of our flat. The house we are buying, the sellers are waiting on a new build. When we offered on their house in June, we were told their new build was almost ready. Well it's not, and every month it seem it gets pushed back, now the development company is saying December, but it will likely be even more. They want us to exchange with them now and just wait for their ****ing house to be finished.

Our buyers now are understandably not willing to wait with us and have asked if we will move out. I don't think it's fair that we should move out when we are all ready to move and it's them holding this up. I have asked them to move out while they wait for their new build, but of I'm sure they will refuse.

We are considering dropping our offer even though we are in love with the house, paid for full survey etc. There is a house on the same road that is empty and chain free, needs a lot more work, but ultimately could be a great house.

Ugh, I just don't think this is fair on us or our buyers. I get that they have 3 kids, but why should us and our buyers be ****ed because of their issue? They should move out.

It's hard because I imagine they are getting very stressed about the delays as well, but at the end of the day if you are determined to move you have to protect your own sale. I think I would be looking at that empty house myself, and then if its a goer then give them the ultimatum. It's then down to them to decide whether they would sooner rent for a bit whilst they wait for the new build or go back onto the market.  

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

So.

My two pence worth. It’s a real tricky one as if you change your purchase option to another house, there is three months worth of hassle buying that, and potential chains there too? 

You could give them the ultimatum to reduce the price by enough so you could move out and rent somewhere if they aren’t prepared to do so.

Or check what the situation is with the new option chain wise to see if it would be easier.

Im stubborn and if they were not willing to help I’d go after the other house and pull out when I was sorted, and not until. But it maybe they are willing to help if they knew how critical the situation now is.

i would think you are seriously annoying your buyer ( not your fault obviously) , so I would do what is needed to get your sale over the line.

I imagine everyone in this scenario is pretty fed up now, however, we're only concerned with you. The idea solution is that the people you're buying from move out, their build has a never ending date for completion it would appear. If they are unwilling then I'd be looking at the other property in that road with vacant possession. Unless you're happy to move into rented.  Extending courtesy and patience is fine but there comes a time when everyone says no more and you're there, a decision needs to be made. Or you're still going to be in this situation in December, although probably without your buyer.

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

My two pence worth. It’s a real tricky one as if you change your purchase option to another house, there is three months worth of hassle buying that, and potential chains there too? 

You could give them the ultimatum to reduce the price by enough so you could move out and rent somewhere if they aren’t prepared to do so.

Or check what the situation is with the new option chain wise to see if it would be easier.

Im stubborn and if they were not willing to help I’d go after the other house and pull out when I was sorted, and not until. But it maybe they are willing to help if they knew how critical the situation now is.

i would think you are seriously annoying your buyer ( not your fault obviously) , so I would do what is needed to get your sale over the line.

The other house is chain free and we are ready to exchange on our flat so it should be fast move. It's in quite poor condition as has been rented for years, but it's on same street and we will be able to get it for significantly less which leaves us with a lot of money to do it up. It's also the same agent selling it as selling our flat. It's also a bigger house with a south facing garden.

We still prefer the house we are lined up for now as it's Victorian and we like Victorian houses and it has so much character... But as I type this out, they are obviously not going to agree to move out and they really are just messing everyone around. I don't think it's fair to sell your house to someone in June but expect them to just wait for your house indefinitely into the new year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I imagine everyone in this scenario is pretty fed up now, however, we're only concerned with you. The idea solution is that the people you're buying from move out, their build has a never ending date for completion it would appear. If they are unwilling then I'd be looking at the other property in that road with vacant possession. Unless you're happy to move into rented.  Extending courtesy and patience is fine but there comes a time when everyone says no more and you're there, a decision needs to be made. Or you're still going to be in this situation in December, although probably without your buyer.

I think we've all been very patient, we have said to them we want a set in stone completion date for early December, which I think is more than fair considering we offered in June. I get the impression my buyers will agree to that.

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I think we've all been very patient, we have said to them we want a set in stone completion date for early December, which I think is more than fair considering we offered in June. I get the impression my buyers will agree to that.

Indeed. They are obviously being lead a merry dance by the builder but you've got the draw the line somewhere and you've been more than fair to date.

If we get a buyer and we haven't found anywhere, we're moving out. I've no doubt Pickfords will charge a lot for storage, on top of the several thousand ££ quoted for the move but the sale will be the priority. Shame your sellers don't see that.

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

So.

Surely the family who are moving into the new build should move out and rent for 3-4 months while their house is finished?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, z-layrex said:

So.

Are you taking a mortgage ? If so, how longs left on the offer before it expires ? 

It’s a difficult one. The only real legal solution you could perhaps go to is offering to exchange with a completion date not set but subject to 10 working days notice with a long stop date as a final cut off for them to come through. By exchanging you may settle your sellers down a bit and the long stop offers some certainty. I would also push for some of your costs to be covered as a bonus. 

If you offered in June and they are talking about a December finish, you maybe pushing time limits on your searches as well as your mortgage offer which is unfair on you (and your seller). You’re certainly not being put in a good position by your buyers developer. 

On 11/09/2020 at 19:15, Mickyblueeyes said:

Are you taking a mortgage ? If so, how longs left on the offer before it expires ? 

It’s a difficult one. The only real legal solution you could perhaps go to is offering to exchange with a completion date not set but subject to 10 working days notice with a long stop date as a final cut off for them to come through. By exchanging you may settle your sellers down a bit and the long stop offers some certainty. I would also push for some of your costs to be covered as a bonus. 

If you offered in June and they are talking about a December finish, you maybe pushing time limits on your searches as well as your mortgage offer which is unfair on you (and your seller). You’re certainly not being put in a good position by your buyers developer. 

Yeah for sure. They have offered exactly what you said, but our buyers are not happy with that, and I completely agree.

We are going to see the chain free bigger house on Monday afternoon, if we like it we are going to offer there and then. If accepted we will withdraw our offer as no money has been exchanged so we are legally allowed to, I am not prepared to be messed around waiting for their new build any more when we were led to believe it was almost done.

What I don't understand is their agent hassled us so much when we were having trouble getting our buyers queries sorted. Why were they so desperate for us to get to exchange when their new build remains a shell (we have visited the site and we think we know which house it is, no where near ready).

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Yeah for sure. They have offered exactly what you said, but our buyers are not happy with that, and I completely agree.

We are going to see the chain free bigger house on Monday afternoon, if we like it we are going to offer there and then. If accepted we will withdraw our offer as no money has been exchanged so we are legally allowed to, I am not prepared to be messed around waiting for their new build any more when we were led to believe it was almost done.

What I don't understand is their agent hassled us so much when we were having trouble getting our buyers queries sorted. Why were they so desperate for us to get to exchange when their new build remains a shell (we have visited the site and we think we know which house it is, no where near ready).

Agents only get paid once the property has exchanged. Don’t get me started on them....I have had my own personal issues on a property I’m in the process of buying. 

I think you’ve very little other choice. You’ve been more then understanding and will lose money due to this. I hope the bigger house does appeal more for you. Good luck. 

My saga is continuing. After waiting for the house to be registered with Land Registry, we're now in the stage of waiting for the searches to come back. Seeing as the house is nine months old I'm expecting these come back quickly... and clear, but we're still waiting. I know the Loacl Authority ones are back with the third party they've used.

Mortgage adviser is doing chases with me now on this. He's shocked at the solicitors he's been dealing with since the pandemic. He doesn't know if it's the working at home, or workload, but they're all performing abysmally (this coming after we'd had a major kickoff about how useless and reactive they were being.)

We're tantalisingly close, once searches come back we're ready to exchange contracts. But this has been such a pain, and I still worry our buyers will get grumpy at waiting and pull out. I can only hope they realise the shortness of the chain (people we're buying breaking the chain) is a distinct advantage, as well as going through the process again from scratch.

After the falling through in May of the house we'd originally bought in November, we've been in a perpetual state of moving house for nearly a year, and it is so tiring. It feels like you're doing all the chasing, all the work and that you're the only one who gives a damn about trying to make things happen.

Agent called this morning, saying they had the asking price accepted on the bigger house and vendor said no more viewings. We insisted to be allowed a chance to counter offer, I even called the boss of the agents on his day off. They let us view, we offered 5k over, chain free ready to go same agent so they know us and our position. Blokes now asked if thats the best both parties can do and to come back to him tomorrow.

The house needs so much work ffs, our offer is amazing and we are perfect buyers. We are not going to offer more money, the 5k over even feels wrong.

The people in the house we were set to buy have said they won't move out. So we will no doubt lose our sale soon as they won't give us a set completion.

We will probably just stay in our flat for a few more years, nothing is worth this stress.

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Agent called this morning, saying they had the asking price accepted on the bigger house and vendor said no more viewings. We insisted to be allowed a chance to counter offer, I even called the boss of the agents on his day off. They let us view, we offered 5k over, chain free ready to go same agent so they know us and our position. Blokes now asked if thats the best both parties can do and to come back to him tomorrow.

The house needs so much work ffs, our offer is amazing and we are perfect buyers. We are not going to offer more money, the 5k over even feels wrong.

The people in the house we were set to buy have said they won't move out. So we will no doubt lose our sale soon as they won't give us a set completion.

We will probably just stay in our flat for a few more years, nothing is worth this stress.

Oh blimey…. That’s a great big mess…. Fingers crossed for you…. It can get ridiculously complicated…

8 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

My saga is continuing. After waiting for the house to be registered with Land Registry, we're now in the stage of waiting for the searches to come back. Seeing as the house is nine months old I'm expecting these come back quickly... and clear, but we're still waiting. I know the Loacl Authority ones are back with the third party they've used.

Mortgage adviser is doing chases with me now on this. He's shocked at the solicitors he's been dealing with since the pandemic. He doesn't know if it's the working at home, or workload, but they're all performing abysmally (this coming after we'd had a major kickoff about how useless and reactive they were being.)

We're tantalisingly close, once searches come back we're ready to exchange contracts. But this has been such a pain, and I still worry our buyers will get grumpy at waiting and pull out. I can only hope they realise the shortness of the chain (people we're buying breaking the chain) is a distinct advantage, as well as going through the process again from scratch.

After the falling through in May of the house we'd originally bought in November, we've been in a perpetual state of moving house for nearly a year, and it is so tiring. It feels like you're doing all the chasing, all the work and that you're the only one who gives a damn about trying to make things happen.

Speak to your solicitor. If it gets really really close to your seller pulling out, you can potentially put in place no search insurance instead. Lenders tend to care most about local searches (which you have) and the environmental search. The other searches can be avoided in special circumstances by appropriate insurance cover. It’s a normally a one off payment. Get your solicitor to explain the concern of the deal falling through by way of email to the lender (Relationship Director) or its solicitors. The insurance will be available on the same day.

In addition, as the house is 9 months old, I’m assuming it’s a new build, you will have searches less then a year old (or the developer will) that you can use as further evidence to the lender there is nothing really to worry about and the no search insurance is simply a safe guard. 

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I were due to move out of our flat and rent our friends house on a no contract basis in November.

This has since fallen through, as a new rule came in last week saying, my friend has to give the current tenant 6 months notice to leave, instead of what was 3 months!?