Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

On 14/09/2020 at 20:56, Mickyblueeyes said:

Speak to your solicitor. If it gets really really close to your seller pulling out, you can potentially put in place no search insurance instead. Lenders tend to care most about local searches (which you have) and the environmental search. The other searches can be avoided in special circumstances by appropriate insurance cover. It’s a normally a one off payment. Get your solicitor to explain the concern of the deal falling through by way of email to the lender (Relationship Director) or its solicitors. The insurance will be available on the same day.

In addition, as the house is 9 months old, I’m assuming it’s a new build, you will have searches less then a year old (or the developer will) that you can use as further evidence to the lender there is nothing really to worry about and the no search insurance is simply a safe guard. 

Thanks for taking the time to give this info. Thankfully the searches are all returned now and hunky dory (which you'd expect!)

Just trying to ensure the sellers solicitors come back to the eight general enquiries that are pending, and then hopefully we're good to go. I'm feeling far more positive than I was, but it's still such a drag. Feel like there aren't many people having a pleasurable moving experience atm.

• Like 1

Oh. So we're fvcked

Sellers now refusing to move in with their son due to the rise in covid cases, meaning they want to wait and find a bungalow. Note they haven't found one yet. Three months in, we are now. Our buyers (rightly) won't be waiting around the X months it'll take to find and do due diligence. 

Chain is definitely going to collapse if they don't change their mind. I'm a mixture of livid and gutted.

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Oh. So we're fvcked

Sellers now refusing to move in with their son due to the rise in covid cases, meaning they want to wait and find a bungalow. Note they haven't found one yet. Three months in, we are now. Our buyers (rightly) won't be waiting around the X months it'll take to find and do due diligence. 

Chain is definitely going to collapse if they don't change their mind. I'm a mixture of livid and gutted.

Ah bollocks…. Heel draggers are to be avoided

We’ve sold to a short chain as our buyer sold to a first time buyer...

upwards chain - who knows!  

Although we have since discovered that my mother in law plays badminton with the lady of the house we intend to buy :ph34r:

On 18/09/2020 at 13:55, Footballwipe said:

Oh. So we're fvcked

That's a joke mate, if they're wanting to wait until cases are lower or they find a house, they'll be waiting months.

Slowed down so much near me lately, hardly anything that suits me is coming onto the market. If I haven't moved by Xmas I'll have a 25% deposit, which is amazing really.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's a joke mate, if they're wanting to wait until cases are lower or they find a house, they'll be waiting months.

Slowed down so much near me lately, hardly anything that suits me is coming onto the market. If I haven't moved by Xmas I'll have a 25% deposit, which is amazing really.

Bloody hell mate. Wait another 5 years and you might be able to buy it outright! 😂

https://briefyourmarket.com/property-market-index/?utm_source=BriefYourMarket&utm_medium=Newsletter%2c+Email&utm_term=BYM+News&utm_content=Fall+throughs+reach+highest+rate+in+25+weeks&utm_campaign=Instance%3a+news.briefyourmarket.com+-+MessageId%3a+19604

• SSTC hits second highest rate in 25 weeks and remains above 60,000 for the last two weeks.

• Fall throughs reach highest rate in 25 weeks.

• New properties coming to market remains above 68,000 for the last four weeks.

Withdrawals remains above 9,000 for the last four weeks.

2 days ago, I got told the property I’ve got a deposit on won’t be ready until April / May now. So I’ll need to pay the stamp duty. An extra £27,500.

After deliberating on it for a few days, I’ll be advising them today, that we’re pulling out and remaining where we are.

I see no point in wasting time / money on the hope the government do something about the stamp duty. I’m annoyed at the principle of them asking for it. 

Collapsing the chain - a more common sight as we get closer to the end of March I’d imagine.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sly said:

2 days ago, I got told the property I’ve got a deposit on won’t be ready until April / May now. So I’ll need to pay the stamp duty. An extra £27,500.

After deliberating on it for a few days, I’ll be advising them today, that we’re pulling out and remaining where we are.

I see no point in wasting time / money on the hope the government do something about the stamp duty. I’m annoyed at the principle of them asking for it. 

Collapsing the chain - a more common sight as we get closer to the end of March I’d imagine.

Don't worry mate. I'm sure the stamp duty holiday will be extended in some way. Similar to the Furlough Scheme 

15 hours ago, newfox1 said:

Don't worry mate. I'm sure the stamp duty holiday will be extended in some way. Similar to the Furlough Scheme 

We pulled the plug. We can’t find anything else we like. We’ve been looking for a good 24 months when we found this. We didn’t want to risk upsetting everyone in the chain by doing it last minute. 

So my completion day might be on Friday, depending if final queries are answered from the one I’m buying on Monday. Doesn’t give me a lot of notice to arrange moving!! 

Obviously I knew I was approaching so I’ve packed up what I can but in terms of removal companies no one was interested until I could give them a definite firm date, but then said they were booked up weeks in advance. Not sure what I’m gonna do if I can’t find anyone, hopefully the bigger companies will have last minute availability but it’s obviously going to be much more costly. 

1 hour ago, DB11 said:

So my completion day might be on Friday, depending if final queries are answered from the one I’m buying on Monday. Doesn’t give me a lot of notice to arrange moving!! 

Obviously I knew I was approaching so I’ve packed up what I can but in terms of removal companies no one was interested until I could give them a definite firm date, but then said they were booked up weeks in advance. Not sure what I’m gonna do if I can’t find anyone, hopefully the bigger companies will have last minute availability but it’s obviously going to be much more costly. 

We’ve never used a removal company and always hired a big van and done it ourselves instead.

If you can get some help either end, you can save a few quid in the process.

And I’d rather me and my family pack/unpack our stuff rather than some random strangers.

Just a thought if you can’t find a removal company.

Best of luck :thumbup:

1 hour ago, DB11 said:

Search for man and van on Facebook market place.

Loads of people probably needing extra cash.

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Search for man and van on Facebook market place.

Loads of people probably needing extra cash.

Strokes to the rescue again :D

image.jpeg.79de05ede32c01c4c01f2c7362add890.jpeg

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DB11 said:

Fingers crossed.

I can share my Pickfords quote with you, it will make you feel much better about any you get lol In fairness to Pickfords, it is a 5 day job and given it's £500 for the car on the ferry, I dread to think how much it is for a large lorry.

53 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Fingers crossed.

I can share my Pickfords quote with you, it will make you feel much better about any you get lol In fairness to Pickfords, it is a 5 day job and given it's £500 for the car on the ferry, I dread to think how much it is for a large lorry.

You found somewhere now mate?