Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

UEFA Champions League Ticket Announcement

Are they seriously suggesting that if I don't buy tickets to all three games in under a weeks time then my seat is up for grabs to somebody else, for a game we aren't playing for months?!?

WTF is the problem with just putting them up for sale a few weeks before the games like any normal game?!?

Really, we need somebody from the club to confirm that our tickets for this are still secure even if we don't purchase the 3 in 1 deal

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to be able to make the first game. Does this mean my seat is going to be sold to somebody else for the other two games just because I can't make the first one and don't want to commit to buying tickets to all three games?!?

It seems clear to me - you have to buy the three game package within the window of time given for your block. There's no option to buy tickets for individual games. If you choose not to, your season ticket seat will not be there to buy later on and indeed it is unlikely there will be any tickets at all (or very few) once this time window is up. 

I see that this is easier for the club to manage, but quite unfair on fans as no option to spread cost and we don't even know when these games are!  I'll do it somehow,it's our team in the CL, but there couldn't be a worse time than August to find the extra money.

Going on holiday and just paid for charity shield! 

39 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Really, we need somebody from the club to confirm that our tickets for this are still secure even if we don't purchase the 3 in 1 deal

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to be able to make the first game. Does this mean my seat is going to be sold to somebody else for the other two games just because I can't make the first one and don't want to commit to buying tickets to all three games?!?

you can't. I e-mailed yesterday.

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify; as a ST holder do I have to purchase this 3 game package or will there still be a period before each game where I can purchase individually with priority. I only ask as funds are an issue for me to just whack out in a lump right now. And if so, will prices still be the same i.e £30 a game for U22’s?

Thanks in advance,

------

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email. There are no single matches available at this time, only the three match package unfortunately.

I will pass your concerns on to the relevant people for you.

Kind Regards

Jim

Somewhat annoying tbh. I'll probably be able to afford it but would rather not shell it all out at once.

As I understand it. You buy the 3 match package or your seat is as good as gone and will be made available at a later date to members. And even if you get the option on it on a match by match basis. You will be paying more than the 3 match package.

I've got to buy both my kids seats at 69 quid each and then upgrade later if I choose to. As it's the only way to get my 3 seats together.

I personally like the idea of it all being done and dusted and know what I'm paying. However I would have like the option to upgrade to adult at the time of purchase to save the hassle down the line.

On 27 July 2016 at 17:08, Watson said:

Annoying as I won't be able to make the first game if it's at home. Not cheap at all but could be once in a lifetime stuff.

I'll buy your ticket for the one game, if you need.

What i would like clarifying is do we need to buy the tickets in each of the windows(3 days) for whichever part of the ground you sit or does everyone have until the time the ticket selling stops to get them?

31 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

What i would like clarifying is do we need to buy the tickets in each of the windows(3 days) for whichever part of the ground you sit or does everyone have until the time the ticket selling stops to get them?

Just signed into my account and there's no button to click to buy it like when st renewals are out. I'm SK2 so 9 August it must be.

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

I'd like to know this too, as K1 is 15th August and I'm in Cyprus until the 17th...if I can do it online on the 15th that's fine, but I don't wish to call the ticket office from abroad! It doesn't actually say you can do it online although others in this thread say the club have confirmed that it can...

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

If people can't afford it in one go, get a two year 0% credit card and put it on that. I'm sure you can pay it off over two years.

Sorted.

But what about next seasons CL campaign? .....and then the year after that?

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

2 hours ago, promised land said:

Just signed into my account and there's no button to click to buy it like when st renewals are out. I'm SK2 so 9 August it must be.

1 hour ago, Illusion35 said:

I'd like to know this too, as K1 is 15th August and I'm in Cyprus until the 17th...if I can do it online on the 15th that's fine, but I don't wish to call the ticket office from abroad! It doesn't actually say you can do it online although others in this thread say the club have confirmed that it can...

You cannot buy the tickets until your section date so 

Blocks A1/A2/B1/B2/B3/C1/C2 – have from 9am on Wednesday 3 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy 

• Blocks SK2/SK3/SK4 – have from 9am on Saturday 6 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy

• Blocks SK1/G1/G2 – have from 9am on Tuesday 9 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy

• Blocks H1/J1/J2/J3 – have from 9am on Friday 12 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy

• Blocks K1/L1 – have from 9am on Monday 15 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy

• Blocks P/P1/P2/P3 – have from 9am on Thursday 18 August till 11pm Sunday 21st August to buy

15 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Are they seriously suggesting that if I don't buy tickets to all three games in under a weeks time then my seat is up for grabs to somebody else, for a game we aren't playing for months?!?

WTF is the problem with just putting them up for sale a few weeks before the games like any normal game?!?

I *think* that is EXACTLY what they are saying.

Only just seen this announcement. Not surprised but it doesn't help me, or anyone else who is either short of cash or may not be able to get to all three games for whatever reason. Whilst I don't have a problem with the pricing itself, compelling people to buy tickets to all three games when we don't know who they will be against seems a bit unfair.

But the club don't care about that - I suppose they are wanting to maximise income and don't want a third final home game being a "dead rubber". They could at least have given this as an option at renewal time to roll up the CL group games into the DD.

Of course, I will purchase my seat (and my son's) but the chances of me being able to make it to all three are quite low due to work etc. I'm sure I can punt them on to friends etc.

The three game package should have been an option, and will no doubt suit some people absolutely fine, but match by match option would have been nice also!

They can't do this. I purchased a seat for the season, there was nothing in the t&c's that said they will sell my seat to a part timer if I don't stump up further for a mini season ticket. They HAVE to allow you time to see who and when we are playing before forking out and to choose on a match by match basis of you so wish.

If they try this then it shows how much they value the loyal ST holders! 

4 minutes ago, filbertfoxy00 said:

They can't do this. I purchased a seat for the season, there was nothing in the t&c's that said they will sell my seat to a part timer if I don't stump up further for a mini season ticket. They HAVE to allow you time to see who and when we are playing before forking out and to choose on a match by match basis of you so wish.

Not wishing to side with the club, but you haven't you have purchased a season ticket for the League, you are under no obligation to buy tickets for any additional cup games, and on there part they have no obligation to sell you that seat for said cup games unless you want it.

So they have given you an option, only you can decide to take that option or let it ride and hope you can secure it on an individual basis, the same as they give a window for FA and LC, there will be nothing in the terms and conditions that govern the CL at a guess.

I guess it's not ideal for everyone, but there's no way after 26 years I'm passing up my seat and on that basis most others will be the same, you can call that not valuing ST holders, but they are giving you a choice to purchase a seat for something, like it or not, you have not paid for, so there fore it's not your seat for said event, as it's outside the season ticket boundaries.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is not uncommon for clubs to rip off ST holders in the CL

Man U had some ridiculous stipulations although exactly what they were I can't remember

EDIT: and if your struggling to afford the full 90 I can pay you right now before you purchase.

Think at one point Man utd made you buy tickets to a league cup tie to be allowed CL tickets from memory.

20 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Why in under a weeks time? You have until 21st August

32 minutes ago, filbertfoxy00 said:

I have to disagree strongly here. If you look through my posts, I'm the first to get on at the club about fan issues.

When the season tickets were released, it did say for the league games only with no mention of cup games being included. Similarly if you bought your ticket in the renewal period, you will not have known the final 20 teams of the Premier League. I didn't really wanna watch us play Hull but we are, so there we go.

Id question anyone what wants to see who we are playing before making a decision. As that means you are effectively more bothered about who we are playing rather than Leicester City. I couldn't give a monkeys who we play tbh, we are in the Champions League. If we get a big side, great but if we don't, great more chance of qualification. 

The lack of notice and also the inability to pay by direct debit I agree is poor. It appears one of those decisions is backed into a corner by UEFA as are the various seat relocations. 

Without sounding coarse here, people who didn't want to make all three games as an existing season ticket holder are very much going to be in the minority. Thousands will go all three. Just like thousands go all 19 league games in a season ticket and a minority miss a few. The club could help with an exchange scheme mind.

Archived