Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Community Shield - Buildup

Community Shield  

384 members have voted

1. 1. What does the match mean to you?

• It's a meaningless friendly but a nice day out a Wembley
    • It's not massively important, but it's mostly important as a benchmark for the season ahead
    • It's a huge game, on the same level as say, the League cup final

I'm really looking forward to this game. I just hope the team treat it like a cup final and give it their all, win or lose, we need to use this game to show the world that last season was not a fluke and to show that we have the potential to become a real force in English football!

Guest CityFan 06

If the two who I expect to shine this season will play in this (Gray & Amartey), it'd be great for them to experience more winning silverware with us. Can't help but think they could both be potentially superb.

I assume we've not sold out because it's still not on general sale?

This priority system isn't working. I know plenty of genuine Leicester fans that are still unable to buy a ticket because they haven't spent a hundred or so quid on a membership nor do they have a season ticket.

30 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Other clubs will have a filled day at us not being able to sell out 27k at Wembley.

It is pretty shocking

It's viewed as a nothing game by a lot of people, me for one. I'm only going for a day out. I don't think I've watched a charity/community shield for about 20 years. I'm surprised but not shocked to be honest, holiday time, people away and not got the cash. It's on a Sunday, so if you want a booze you probably want the next day off work.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Will it actually go on general sale?... we're less than a week away, that's ridiculous.

I've just been on the website.

Basically they've finished selling Community Shield tickets to Season Ticket holders and they're now available to "Gold", "Silver" and "City Fox" memberships, (memberships cost £90, £70 and £20).

Gold memberships have sold out (as in you can't get a gold membership but you can still buy a Community Shield ticket) whereas Silver and City Fox memberships went on general sale on Friday.

Which basically meant that if you weren't a member last season you've had since Friday to buy a ticket for a game 9 days away (providing you also pay either £70 or £20 for a membership).

That's beyond shit.

Archived