Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Community Shield - Buildup

Community Shield  

384 members have voted

1. 1. What does the match mean to you?

• It's a meaningless friendly but a nice day out a Wembley
    • It's not massively important, but it's mostly important as a benchmark for the season ahead
    • It's a huge game, on the same level as say, the League cup final

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

You wish/want.

Think it'll be pretty tight with us getting an early decisive goal and playing casually.

Don't wish or want it at all! 

But feel our defence looks fragile and I think (not hope) that United will score 3!..

1 hour ago, deccers said:

Also - those driving, any guidance on best parking spots? I was thinking of parking somewhere along the Metropolitan line.

Free parking is available at Harrow Borough FC, a half mile walk from Northolt Park station, which is one stop from Wembley.   Parking open from 10 am.    E-mail [email protected] for details and to pre-book.

Kasper 

Simpson Morgan Hernandez Chilwell 

Mahrez Drinkwater Mendy Gray 

Musa Vardy 

Subs: Zieler, Huth, Amartey, King, Schlupp, Kaputska, Shinji 

I'd go with this team. My concerns are that Drinkwater and Mendy don't seen to work together that well yet but this is ultimately a friendly so it's one last chance for them to work together. If it fails then King in for Mendy against Hull. I want to see Gray ahead of Albrighton this season. I like Albrighton but our lack of height means sometimes his crosses, although brilliant, are wasted. I'm not sure Musa and Vardy will work together but if they do, oh my god we are in for a treat! Amazing when you see how many good players won't even get in our match day squad this season. 

Gray will not start ahead of Albrighton  

And Chilwell will not start ahead of Fuchs 

kasper

same old back 4

RM Mendy Drinky MA

Musa/Shinzi Vardy

only place in question for me is Vardys partner..can Musa and Vardy play together? 

If CR thinks no he will go with Shinzi who looks ahead of Leo in the pecking order.

25 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Gray will not start ahead of Albrighton  

And Chilwell will not start ahead of Fuchs 

kasper

same old back 4

RM Mendy Drinky MA

Musa/Shinzi Vardy

only place in question for me is Vardys partner..can Musa and Vardy play together? 

If CR thinks no he will go with Shinzi who looks ahead of Leo in the pecking order.

To be honest I'm not even sure Vardy and Albrighton will start themselves. Both have looked very tired pre-season and wouldn't suprise me if Claudio picked gray and Musa 

---------------------Kasper----------------------

-Simpson--Morgan--Huth--Fuchs-

-Albrighton--Drinky--Mendy--Mahrez-

----------------Shinji------Vardy---------------

Tempting to have Musa starting instead of Vardy but the Mahrez/Drinkwater > Vardy combination is tried and tested.

Second half id bring on 2 of Schluup/Gray/Musa to freshen the attack up if required.

10 hours ago, CheshireFox said:

no Vardy?

Supersub

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Well i think Musa has to start.

I agree. I'd love to see him get 60+ minutes with Drinkwater, Albrighton, and Mahrez feeding him.

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Vardy needs minutes so he'd still play for me. Harsh on Musa I guess after tonight.

I'd argue that Musa needs minutes too though.

We all know Vardy will fit back into the team when he is ready, playing 60+ minutes against Man United for fitness/match sharpness isn't worth it.

Musa playing 60+ minutes gives him fitness/match sharpness and more of an understanding with the team.

So with the preseason against Oxford, Celtic, PSG & Barca over are we anywhere nearer knowing our starting 11, the formation we'll play and the tactics we'll employ

Vs Celtic we seemed to play a pressing game rather than a sitback, force people down the wings and defend the crosses well looking to counter

I didn't see any of the PSG

And while playing Barca isn't really a yardstick you can judge anything against, the second half showed us consolidate a countering style

• Will we stick with last season's 4411, or will the loss of super-Kante see a midfield duo unable to intercept & protect the box as well as we did last season?
  • Will we look to play a bit higher & press the opposition or happy to concede possession and look to counter
  • Who would be your 11, based on what know or have seen over preseason?

I'd be inclined to carry on playing the counter attacking style & the same personnel Vs Utd in the Community Shield

I don't think Vardy will be ready, but he can come off the bench

I don't think a team with 4 men in the middle & no Kante could start with Mahrez & Gray in the starting line-up and have the right mix of guile & workrate, so I've gone with the below:

What would you do?

lcfc.PNG

Kasper

Simpson -- Morgan -- Hernandez -- Fuchs

Mahrez -- Drinkwater -- Amartey -- Abrighton

Okazaki

Musa

We've somehow ended up with too many wingers. We shouldn't go with Gray and Mahrez against a side like Manchester United. Hull next week, perhaps, but for this game Albrighton will provide us with the defensive cover.

I think it'll be minimal disruption from Claudio with him favouring those who finished last season so well, even with Vardy & Fuchs having a shorter pre season I can't see them being left out. 

Kasper 

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs 

Mahrez

King

Drinkwater

Albrighon

Okazaki 

Vardy 

Kaspo

Simpo

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Mendy

Schlupp

Okazaki

Musa

Schlupp or gray will do the job. Going for Schlupp as he may be the only one able to keep up with Musa. 

Subs: Zieler, Amartey, Hernandez, Albrighton, Vardy, King, Gray/Schlupp

Archived