Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Community Shield - Buildup

Community Shield  

384 members have voted

1. 1. What does the match mean to you?

• It's a meaningless friendly but a nice day out a Wembley
    • It's not massively important, but it's mostly important as a benchmark for the season ahead
    • It's a huge game, on the same level as say, the League cup final

Not a fan of the poll options as I can't really express my opinion of the meaning, with those options. I see it as very important as it will give us a good indication as to our ability going into the season. If we get hammered I will be concerned if we win, draw or narrowly lose I'll be fairly optimistic. It's no cup final though.

id go 

kasper

simpson

hernandez (is Huth banned for this or Hull?)

morgan

fuchs

mahrez

king

drinkwater

albrighton

vardy

musa

2-2 

As a forty something year old woman travelling down on my own will I be ok just turning up to the torch by myself? Really want to join the walk down Wembley Way but don't want to stand out as a complete billy no mates, even though I realise I am :-) 

41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

As a forty something year old woman travelling down on my own will I be ok just turning up to the torch by myself? Really want to join the walk down Wembley Way but don't want to stand out as a complete billy no mates, even though I realise I am :-) 

if i wasnt parking in the official car park with my dad due to him not being able to walk too far, i'd offer to meet you and join forces (us girls gotta stick together!) but i'm sure everyone on here will be really welcoming so go for it!

36 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well as a forty something year old man, maybe we could meet up Deb's, and walk down wemberly way together hand in hand

Maybe a drink and a Mcdonald's happy meal after the game.

1 hour ago, ciderman said:

I think that's why I'm single!

More seriously Deb you will be fine, just get drunk..Have a great day. 

I'm driving so I'll take you up on your happy meal offer ;-) Sounds like I'll be ok though, really can't wait :-) 

3 hours ago, ciderman said:

The Champions of England vs the FA cup winners Manchester United at Wemberly.

Yet some folk think it's just  a nothing pre season game!

FFS

If big clubs like Leicester took the FA Cup more seriously then sure it'd be exciting. But we've not taken it seriously, and it's been devalued to the point that s***ty little clubs like Man United can win it. Why would anyone be excited about watching us rip some random minnow apart at Wembley?

Just now, Mark_w said:

If big clubs like Leicester took the FA Cup more seriously then sure it'd be exciting. But we've not taken it seriously, and it's been devalued to the point that s***ty little clubs like Man United can win it. Why would anyone be excited about watching us rip some random minnow apart at Wembley?

Because every football fan looks for any excuse to watch our superstars ;) even if that means they have to witness nobodies like man utd 

13 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

You'll  be fine. @steveherbe and @Sol thewall Bamba will be able to help I'm sure.

Turn up buy a drink and I'm sure someone will say hello. I've met loads of Leicester in London this weekend and said hello even if apart from a shared love they are complete strangers.

Archived