Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Absolute disgrace for the BBC to bang on about the 'magic' of the FA Cup then televise this pathetic one sided walkover from Manchester United. Absolute bore.

I agree to an extent, however if you want TV ratings, you probably wont get it showing minnows that the majority of the country dont care about.

I would imagine the viewing figures for Millwall v Watford were really low, even though that had the makings of a typical cup tie

12 minutes ago, Donut said:

I agree to an extent, however if you want TV ratings, you probably wont get it showing minnows that the majority of the country dont care about.

I would imagine the viewing figures for Millwall v Watford were really low, even though that had the makings of a typical cup tie

I was amazed when I heard Millwall v Watford was selected think more people would have wanted to have seen Lincoln take on Brighton or maybe even Oxford Utd v Newcastle.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I was amazed when I heard Millwall v Watford was selected think more people would have wanted to have seen Lincoln take on Brighton or maybe even Oxford Utd v Newcastle.

Both of which would have been definitely better ties, but also both of which wouldnt feature a Premier League team at a sort of "peak" sunday time in the schedule. Difficult balancing act

Definitely would have been better choices though i agree

16 minutes ago, Donut said:

Not sure what part of breaking your leg is funny

You obviously don't get the joke. Whelan mentions it at any given opportunity. So much so that it's become a bit of an ongoing joke. People on social media have even mocked up fake info graphics from tv where it says that under his name in place of Wigan Chairman.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

You obviously don't get the joke. Whelan mentions it at any given opportunity. So much so that it's become a bit of an ongoing joke. People on social media have even mocked up fake info graphics from tv where it says that under his name in place of Wigan Chairman.

Oh i see.

Well in any case, its still not particularly funny.

9 minutes ago, Donut said:

Oh i see.

Well in any case, its still not particularly funny.

Yeah it was funnier a few years back when he was more prominent. I'm not sure why it got mentioned earlier, was he even on tv since he's quit as chairman?

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not like you to not get the joke.

Its just not funny.

You could make a joke out of numerous things throughout football history and they wouldnt be funny.

Caveman fans think it would be to mock though.

The guy did break his leg. Probably ruined his career. The fact that hes mentionned it in interviews doesnt suddenly make it a funny thing to mock

1 minute ago, Donut said:

Its just not funny.

You could make a joke out of numerous things throughout football history and they wouldnt be funny.

The guy did break his leg. Probably ruined his career. The fact that hes mentionned it in interviews doesnt suddenly make it a funny thing to mock

Don't cruy because the joke has gone over your head. It's still funny.

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Its just not funny.

it's the fact it gets mentioned every single time Wigan are on TV pretty much. Even more so when they had their FA Cup run and were in the Premier League when they had more coverage. 

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Absolute disgrace for the BBC to bang on about the 'magic' of the FA Cup then televise this pathetic one sided walkover from Manchester United. Absolute bore.

Come out earlier on twitter via Linekar and dan walker that the BBC wanted Lincoln but the fa instructed them to televise the United game that no one other than United fans wants to see, absolute farce

7 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Come out earlier on twitter via Linekar and dan walker that the BBC wanted Lincoln but the fa instructed them to televise the United game that no one other than United fans wants to see, absolute farce

Not like the FA to be totally out of touch.

Wigan was the 56th consecutive FA Cup tie shown on TV. Exeter in '05 I think was the last time they weren't shown. Absolutely ridiculous stat.

I'd like to see them justify them showing Blackburn v Utd given the other ties just drawn. Sutton v Arsenal and Wolves v Chelsea for instance.

Just now, The Bear said:

Wigan was the 56th consecutive FA Cup tie shown on TV. Exeter in '05 I think was the last time they weren't shown. Absolutely ridiculous stat.

I'd like to see them justify them showing Blackburn v Utd given the other ties just drawn. Sutton v Arsenal and Wolves v Chelsea for instance.

pretty much every tie in this round (assuming it's mill vs us not derby) would be decent on tele really. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Hope they'll swerve it, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and man City ties will be definite imo and that will leave that last spot most likely for united unfortunately however I hope they go Burnley vs Lincoln 

you'd imagine it'll be 6 games. friday, saturday (x2), either sunday (x3) or sunday (x2) and monday. 

burnley vs lincoln will probably be the shittest game in reality and the least chance of an upset but you just know that'll be the one they leave out and somehow it turns into the biggest upset of all time. 

Burnley rarely lose at home these days, so unlikely.

These are supposedly the time slots for the 6 games, and the priority the broadcasters get to choose the games from:

Friday 1945 BBC (6)

Saturday 1230 BBC (4)

Saturday 1730 BT (3)

Sunday 1200 BT (5)

Sunday 1400 BT (2)

Sunday 1600 BBC (1)

In terms of interest for TV as a neurtal I think I'd be

Sutton v Arsenal

Huddersfield v Man City

Millwall v Leicester

Burnley v Lincoln

Fulham v Spurs